GDT: Running Preaseason GDT: Game 8 (FINALE) PIT & CBJ, 7 PM EST (Stream on bluejackets.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Max excelent!!! And good work by Sillinger.

Gavrikov-Boqvist... I don`t know. But i compare d-men with Bean who is excelent. :nod:

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I think Lehtonen and Beyrother are better than Gavrikov and Boqvist now.

Beyreuther seems to be the best overall player of the 4. Boqvist brings better skills at nearly everything over Lehtonen, especially offensively/passing.

I liked Gavrikov BEFORE he came over, but, IMO he continues to be 1 of the most overrated CBJ players. I’m not sure he’s in my top-6, and I’m very serious. People have trashed so many defensemen over the years for ruining the teams transition play and giving the puck away and Gavrikov should be seen as nearly the worst we’ve ever had. He also get so much credit for being so good defensively and yet continues to make terrible reads defensively and fails in many defensive situations as HE JUST DID AGAIN IN FRONT OF THE NET.

I’ve liked Lehtonen’s play.

Besides that “coverage” on the Rust goal. I understand “man on man” -but- MY GOD the lack of awareness. He seems just “ok” at everything, multiple defenseman better at different things, offensively and defensively. Beyreuther seems to be clearly the better 2-way option.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Gotta stop with this narrative....the tying goal was tipped.

They tip pucks in the NHL.

CBJ radio guys talking about how Elvis likes “hard pads” and that most guys like “soft pads”.

NO, THATS JUST AN EXCUSE BECAUSE HIS REBOUND CONTROL IS SHIT!!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
They tip pucks in the NHL.

CBJ radio guys talking about how Elvis likes “hard pads” and that most guys like “soft pads”.

NO, THATS JUST AN EXCUSE BECAUSE HIS REBOUND CONTROL IS SHIT!!

Coincidentally, after a bad Elvis game you are here doing your thing, and yesterday nowhere to be found after a bad korpi game (while admittedly, left to the wolves with an AHL lineup). Weird

Reactions: I3LI3

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Coincidentally, after a bad Elvis game you are here doing your thing, and yesterday nowhere to be found after a bad korpi game (while admittedly, left to the wolves with an AHL lineup). Weird

Who cares when I say what I say? Reality and the quality of player guys are doesn’t change as drastically game to game the way people opinions on things and the players change game to game.

Korpisalo should start game 1.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Who cares when I say what I say? Reality and the quality of player guys are doesn’t change as drastically game to game the way people opinions on things and the players change game to game.

Korpisalo should start game 1.

Good question.

I'm fairly certain Elvis will be in the net in game 1.

Reactions: pete goegan

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
  • I must say it again. I very like Bean. If he`s continue his pair with Werenski could be excelent.
  • What I like the team changed play. There aren`t shoots to OZ and run but but crossing into OZ using passes. I was suprised quite good work in NZ.
  • Domi was very good, really. He used to his strong senghts. It`s good he scored. One had good chemistry with Sillinger and Jenner. Sillinger was pleasant suprise for me. I think we have a center finally similar like the line. I can`t if somebody notice it but he did many important things in NZ and DZ. support his teammates.
  • I like the first line too. Yes they didn`t score but they had chances, it was chemistry although I think Laine held on to the puck longer than he should have sometimes. The true he de din`t lose it and can pass. And that was a surprise for me, because he showed he can be nit only an exceletn playmaker but a driver too. Voracek was Voracek. And I was probably wrong because Tex played with them very good.
  • Roslovic line... nothing special IMHO.
  • Robinson and Kuraly very good but Chinakhov he`s TOP 6/9 player and not for the fourth line.
  • Gavrikov and Bjorkstrand... average. The worse deffensive pair.

Of course I can be wrong.

EDIT: of course I mean chemistry and some suprises for me especially.
EDIT2: my ratings based on the fact it`s only preseason. So I don`t notice some things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stubu

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I get wanting Korpi to succeed but hes like Philly Bob before he took the next step. He can routinely make the highlight reel saves but then give up a floater from the blue line. Consistancy has always plagued him. If he could play he play like he did last playoffs he'd be a vezina contender but unfortunately he doesnt and so he's at best a tandem goalie and trade bait. Elvis has his own issues but not nearly to the level of Korpi

Last edited:
Reactions: VT and CBJWerenski8

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Beyreuther seems to be the best overall player of the 4. Boqvist brings better skills at nearly everything over Lehtonen, especially offensively/passing.

I liked Gavrikov BEFORE he came over, but, IMO he continues to be 1 of the most overrated CBJ players. I’m not sure he’s in my top-6, and I’m very serious. People have trashed so many defensemen over the years for ruining the teams transition play and giving the puck away and Gavrikov should be seen as nearly the worst we’ve ever had. He also get so much credit for being so good defensively and yet continues to make terrible reads defensively and fails in many defensive situations as HE JUST DID AGAIN IN FRONT OF THE NET.

Besides that “coverage” on the Rust goal. I understand “man on man” -but- MY GOD the lack of awareness. He seems just “ok” at everything, multiple defenseman better at different things, offensively and defensively. Beyreuther seems to be clearly the better 2-way option.
Except Lehtonen who has good offense than Bayreuther, Kukan or Harrington and now worse deffense I agree in all.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
  • I must say it again. I very like Bean. If he`s continue his pair with Werenski could be excelent.
  • What I like the team changed play. There aren`t shoots to OZ and run but but crossing into OZ using passes. I was suprised quite good work in NZ.
  • Domi was very good, really. He used to his strong senghts. It`s good he scored. One had good chemistry with Sillinger and Jenner. Sillinger was pleasant suprise for me. I think we have a center finally similar like the line. I can`t if somebody notice it but he did many important things in NZ and DZ. support his teammates.
  • I like the first line too. Yes they didn`t score but they had chances, it was chemistry although I think Laine held on to the puck longer than he should have sometimes. The true he de din`t lose it and can pass. And that was a surprise for me, because he showed he can be nit only an exceletn playmaker but a driver too. Voracek was Voracek. And I was probably wrong because Tex played with them very good.
  • Roslovic line... nothing special IMHO.
  • Robinson and Kuraly very good but Chinakhov he`s TOP 6/9 player and not for the fourth line.
  • Gavrikov and Bjorkstrand... average. The worse deffensive pair.
Of course I can be wrong.
That roslovic line and him will be killing all season long for y'alls sire. :clap: He has the talent and was one of the better players last season in columbus, lets not forget that there. Bjorkstrand etc will totally destroy playing with roslovic.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
That roslovic line and him will be killing all season long for y'alls sire. :clap: He has the talent and was one of the better players last season in columbus, lets not forget that there. Bjorkstrand etc will totally destroy playing with roslovic.
I wrote about this game.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I wrote about this game.
I know sire. Just reminding about roslovic's great offensive mind and drive. Glad to see columbus has some young talent coming in also. I think roslovic should always have a HUGE role on the powerplay, it really drives him hard to do good thangs.

Reactions: VT

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I get wanting Korpi to succeed but hes like Philly Bob before he took the next step. He can routinely make the highlight reel saves but then give up a floater from the blue line. Consistancy has always plagued him. If he could play he played like he did last playoffs he'd be a vezina contender but unfortunately he doesnt and so he's at best a tandem goalie and trade bait. Elvis has his own issues but not nearly to the level of Korpi

I disagree but thank you for an actual response.

People seem to forget how bad Merzlikins has been at times. Literally worse than Korpisalo has been. The “soft goals” are an issue for both.

Korpisalo is a MUCH BETTER GOALIE TECHNICALLY than Elvis.

People see Merzlikins’ “potential” aka “his ceiling” as higher because of an UNSUSTAINABLE amount of shutouts to begin his career. Even after this year as the vastly smaller % of shutouts impact his career statistics, people won’t be able to claim Elvis is (obviously) better simply by looking at SV% and GAA.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Except Lehtonen who has good offense than Bayreuther, Kukan or Harrington and now worse deffense I agree in all.

Kukan better offensively. Bayreuther seems to be just as good offensively, Harrington can skate and pass just as good, and the defensive ability of Harrington is his best quality.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I know sire. Just reminding about roslovic's great offensive mind and drive. Glad to see columbus has some young talent coming in also. I think roslovic should always have a HUGE role on the powerplay, it really drives him hard to do good thangs.
He must play like the center it`s his problem. But he`s better in this. Of course he`s speed with very good hands. PP time wil show. Now CBJ has 1th very good unit.

Reactions: Coachcorner

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Kukan better offensively. Bayreuther seems to be just as good offensively, Harrington can skate and pass just as good, and the defensive ability of Harrington is his best quality.
From what I saw I don`t think it. But it`s not so important, Bad is Gavrikov isn`t TOP 6 defensman but he played there.

Reactions: thebus88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad