Waived: Rundblad

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
They probably could have terminated his contract like Semin/MTL situation, but Semin has made a ton more money in his career than Rundblad and conceivably is making just as much whereever he's playing right now. Doubt Rundblad will make >1m this year in Switzerland. Altho thats the same team that Seguin/Kane played for during lockout and I think Auston Matthews is on right now?

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
It's got to be mutual. I really don't see Rundblad walking away from the last nine figure contract of his career.

I know I wouldn't.

As bad Rundblad was here, thankfully the contract was seven figures, not nine.

Edit: mm beat me to it.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The idea that depth roster decisions have no importance in a parity league is nonsense.

Or have we all already forgotten what happened in 2014, when a Kings team running 4 lines of legit talent beat a Hawks team that basically ended the series hiding Handzus, Bollig and Versteeg from the ice - 3 guys that intelligent, educated fans were identifying as certain problems from the moment they hit the ice in the regular season.

Rest assured, any organization and coaching staff that willfully chooses to ice a less skilled lineup is kneecapping their team's chance at success. This isn't the 80s, where a few superstars can carry a team to the finish line.

I am willing to accept the fact that this Hawks team simply isn't good enough to repeat. They won 3 cups in 6 years, and I said last year that if they missed the playoffs, I'd be fine with it. I stand by that. HOWEVER, it would be nice if they actually bothered to ice the best lineup available, just to see what THAT could do, instead of lineup full of useless plugs who bring 'that element' #GRITTOUGHNESSHEARTFAAAAAART

I know this is a late response, but it's been a busy week.

Regarding the bold, I never claimed that. You're not helping your case by completely misrepresenting what I said. We were specifically talking about Tikhonov and Mashinter. You tried to hilariously act like Tikhonov can be a legitimate top 6 player because of some short-term success on a team with injuries, and much less depth and talent. He did absolutely nothing to stand out here, and couldn't even find a long-term spot in our bottom 6. Sure, he's better than Mashinter, but that doesn't really mean anything and putting Tikhonov in the lineup wasn't going to magically make the Hawks so much better. We're talking about two very unimportant players here. This is why I'm saying it's pointless to endlessly whine about things like this. If Mashinter is playing when it actually matters, or playing over people that actually matter for a significant amount of time, then whine away. But you should be embarrassed for saying "it's an indictment of this organization" over Viktor ****in Tikhonov.

Just to reiterate so you don't try and twist my words again, Tikhonov is better than Mashinter. The advanced stats that you love so much can be useful, but this is a perfect example of why it's important to watch the games, and actually understand what you're watching. Tikhonov meant nothing to the Hawks, just like Mashinter.

And considering that you were one of the people that gave up on the Hawks last postseason, it literally means nothing when you claim that they're not good enough to repeat. It's way too early to even make claims like that.

SCBdude

SC Bern 1931
Sep 20, 2012
Eisstadion Allmend
They probably could have terminated his contract like Semin/MTL situation, but Semin has made a ton more money in his career than Rundblad and conceivably is making just as much whereever he's playing right now. Doubt Rundblad will make >1m this year in Switzerland. Altho thats the same team that Seguin/Kane played for during lockout and I think Auston Matthews is on right now?

Seguin/Kane played for a different Swiss team during the lockout, Dustin Brown played for them though.
And yes, Matthews is on that team now.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I think Kane and Seguin played for Davos.

And yes, Zurich is Auston Matthews' team, which is coached by Marc Crawford, I believe.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Depth roster decisions matter in the NHL? What? Did we already forget the lesson of last years playoffs?

Hawks have studs.
Q plays studs.
Studs win games.
Let losers from other fanbases argue over the relative worth of #6/7D.

Retail1LO*

Just think...

St. Louis got the pick for Tarasenko from Ottawa for this guy.
Ottawa then gut Turris from Phoenix for this guy.

And we waive him. We got robbed. lol

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Just think...

St. Louis got the pick for Tarasenko from Ottawa for this guy.
Ottawa then gut Turris from Phoenix for this guy.

And we waive him. We got robbed. lol

You forgot Arizona turning him into Christian Dvorak via the Hawks' pick they took.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Its pretty pathetic that Stan couldn't even find someone to give him future considerations

That should tell the Rundblad fanboys who continue to insist he has a future what his worth is around NHL

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Depth roster decisions matter in the NHL? What? Did we already forget the lesson of last years playoffs?

Hawks have studs.
Q plays studs.
Studs win games.
Let losers from other fanbases argue over the relative worth of #6/7D.

Yeah, having a 3rd line that would be a 2nd line on most teams and, as a result of the domino effect down the lineup, a 4th line that chewed up and spit out top competition on a nightly basis had no impact on that team's success.

Obviously the Hawks were fortunate that Q's boy Rozsival got injured so he couldn't overplay him 15-18 minutes and was forced instead to put his best D out more. And we're doubly fortunate that the top 4 D were so godly they could do it and thrive.

But obviously the Blackhawks depth had a massive, massive impact on that cup win. Hell, they won the finals primarily because the Hawks bottom 6 outplayed the Lightning's bottom 6. The D was essentially even in that series because Hedman was every bit as good as Keith, Stralman every bit as good as Hammer, and both bottom pairs were worthless.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Its pretty pathetic that Stan couldn't even find someone to give him future considerations

That should tell the Rundblad fanboys who continue to insist he has a future what his worth is around NHL

First you say that Rundblad is a ECHL level player now you are complaining that Stan could not get value for him in a trade. You can't have it both ways.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Rundblad would be a fool to agree to terminate his contract. He wouldn't get that much Money from Zürich.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I wonder if we loaned him to Europe this year as a favor so he will terminate his contract next summer? If he is not willing to do that then I would park him in Indy where we loaned thropp and let him spend the year there? If he knows that then he might terminate it.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I wonder if we loaned him to Europe this year as a favor so he will terminate his contract next summer? If he is not willing to do that then I would park him in Indy where we loaned thropp and let him spend the year there? If he knows that then he might terminate it.

Not a good example to set. Could make player second guess playing here.

If a player is not going to work here Stan typically will trade them so they get an opportunity elsewhere. These trades don't go unnoticed by players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad