Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Trade Deadline Festivities

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I know it's Eklund but he was saying he is hearing Gostisbehere out west. That could be a low key grab for us.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
It's going to be annoying when Calgary lands Stone. Hell, they might end up re-signing the guy. The folks down south are doing a nice job of making the Oilers look even worse than they are.
Yeah besides Neal they have incredibly cap friendly signings. Look out.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Nicholson straight up saying "The league needs to start watching what happens to McDavid when he does that have the puck"

Nicholson needs to start watching what is happening with the organization. You know, the one he said he would conduct an audit on. I think this is just displaced anger/frustration on his part.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
It's going to be annoying when Calgary lands Stone. Hell, they might end up re-signing the guy. The folks down south are doing a nice job of making the Oilers look even worse than they are.

They might rent him but I doubt they can keep him. He is around a $10M hit so unless they can move Brodie and Neal this summer and not take money back it will be tight. Depends on how hard Tkachuk squeezes them too. They will have a bit of a crunch in 20-21 when they have to resign Hamonic and their two cheap Swedish D and Gio will be 37 at that time. This year and next are their best window. because once Giordano declines they will be a different team. Once Lucic is in Seattle things will look a little brighter:)

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
The latest update to TSN's Trade Bait List has Alex Petrovic making an appearance.

Frank Seravalli says the defenseman market is drying up. Willis speculates that Petrovic and Benning may gain traction.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
I mentioned him maybe a week ago when I was looking at RFAs this summer we could look at offersheeting for no compensation. He fits in the low salary RFA criteria, but not sure the Islanders would bulk at ~$1.35M salary for such a young talented player, albeit it one that has issues attached.

But anyways, Ho-Sang is a player I'm hoping we sneakily "big" move acquire. Trotz had Chiasson last year on his march to a Stanley Cup. We're looking for a 2nd and prospect for Chiasson... Ho-Sang's value is probably there. Ho-Sang doesn't seem like a player Lou would put up with. He's been angling for a trade as recently as a couple of days ago in the Athletic. He has like 8 points in his last few AHL games. He can potentially play in the NHL rest of season and then in Bakersfield for the Calder Cup run.

good evaluation on the player. The issue with him is that he must clear waivers next year. This significantly reduces his value as the Isles have probably moved on. In order to trade anything of value for him, a team would have to be ok risking a significant roster spot + potential embarrassment next year.

If we are rebuilding next year, then he would be a good target.

If we are pushing for playoffs next year, probably better use of assets out there.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
We should look to unload Kassian, Chiasson, Petrovic and Benning. We can fill their roster spots with waiver pick ups.

I'd be shocked if all those players aren't available. I'd give away Petrovic for anything, would take at least a 3rd for Chiasson but I'd rather they try and sign him in that 1M range, I'd want a bit more for Kassian, can't gauge Bennings value/worth at all.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
I'd be shocked if all those players aren't available. I'd give away Petrovic for anything, would take at least a 3rd for Chiasson but I'd rather they try and sign him in that 1M range, I'd want a bit more for Kassian, can't gauge Bennings value/worth at all.
I'm not sure if the Oilers are actively looking to trade Chiasson right now because of Stauffer reporting the Oilers might not trade him due to injuries.

destro909

Jan 3, 2008
I'm not sure if the Oilers are actively looking to trade Chiasson right now because of Stauffer reporting the Oilers might not trade him due to injuries.

This should not be a consideration for trading Chiasson IMO. They can fill that roster spot for the rest of the season with a waiver pickup or by calling up one of the older guys from the minors. The only thing the organization should consider for trading Chiasson is whether he’s willing to sign a short term contract extension for low $. If not, trade him

Reactions: fresh meat

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

I feel like that's just the Oilers clinging to false hope of the playoffs, it makes zero sense to hang onto an asset in a lost season unless they can sign him to a cheap deal.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
If we could somehow snag Gostisbehere for Larsson + I would be elated.

Larsson + Puljujarvi + 2nd/3rd
For
Ghost

Larsson would be a great d partner for Provorov in Philly, we finally get a stud ofd for the pp and to get the f***ing puck to the forwards.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
If we could somehow snag Gostisbehere for Larsson + I would be elated.

Larsson + Puljujarvi + 2nd/3rd
For
Ghost

Larsson would be a great d partner for Provorov in Philly, we finally get a stud ofd for the pp and to get the ****ing puck to the forwards.
Yeh ..no thanks to that. Ghost is worse than Nurse defensively and this season even offensively.

The plus would be from PHI

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
We really can't be trading away our best RHD in Larsson. Trying to upgrade Nurse or flipping him for a similar RHD makes sense though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad