Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread: Schultz on the move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
For a number one defenseman, yes, I would trade a small scoring winger who makes 6 million, a defenseman who can't skate and projects as a #4 at best, and a pick in 2017 that would hopefully be in the bottom half of the 1st round.

Well when you put it that way, if I am the SJ GM please remind me why I should give up my #1 dman for that mess? Surely another team could beat that offer....

McDeathbyCheerios*

Keith Yandle, Chris Summers, 4th rounder for John Moore, Duclair, 2nd and a conditional 1st

That's a comparable for a Burns trade.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
What's the point in that though? How often do you see what are basically 2 UFAs traded for each other right before the deadline, especially when one team is nowhere near the playoffs?

Oilers needs PP QB and have soured on Schultz.
LA has been scratching Ehrhoff and are clearly done with him but still require a Dman..

Schultz might be of interest and be useful sheltered behind Doughty.
Nikitin is a coke machine that they like to collect.

could be a win-win situation for both sides.

Sekera has played with Ehrhoff in BUF so could still be a decent pairing.
Probably does nothing for Drai but him being a German could be a positive factor.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Simply put no pending ufa is worth that much. Especially trading with a division rival.

I know we hate our gms but if Chia did your trades he might go down as a worse gm than MacT

Until the team started winning. Look at it this way- The only player on our roster right now that leaves is Eberle. What kind of difference would it make to replace Burns with Eberle for the Oilers?

The other trade was speculating 1st overall for Hanzal and Duclair. How much difference would those two make while not losing a roster player?

Are you saying that if the Oilers added Burns, Hanzal, and Duclair to the roster while only losing Eberle, prospects and picks they would not improve?

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Losing a trade is okay. Massively losing and grossly over paying for players that could very easily walk in a year is awful awful asset managemwnt.

If its not a top 3 pick trading Ebs+GR+1st isnt a massive overpay for a player like Burns.

value wise Burns is on the same tier is Hall... A difference maker..

Considering McLellan connection, team need, experience playing with Hall\Ebs and Burns would be the ideal fit in EDM.

Time to take some risks and improve this club..

McDeathbyCheerios*

If its not a top 3 pick trading Ebs+GR+1st isnt a massive overpay for a player like Burns.

Considering McLellan connection, team need, experience playing with Hall\Ebs and Burns would be the ideal fit in EDM.

People need to keep contract status in mind when people think of trades. Contract status is HUGE in trades.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I would love Burns but history has shown you don't give that much for guys with a year left on a contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad