Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Previous Poll Punted, Pristine Prospect Procurement Poll Pinned

Which of the recent prospect additions intrigues you the most?

• Noah Philp coming out of retirement

• Connor Ungar - Brock University (USPORTS)

• James Stefan - Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

• Marc Lajoie - Edmonton Oilers (WHL)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
And sign him with what cap space?
That's actually the only issue. I wouldn't trade for Hronek's UFA rights. But yeah I'm not adding a huge cap hit. We need to worry about keeping cap space for the players we have

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Well, the cap relief provided by Holloway and Broberg next year will be much needed.
This offseason the oilers will get rid off Ceci, Kulak, Kane, Foegele. I’m unsure of Campbell as I don’t think the team wants anymore dead cap. Kane will be replaced by Holloway and Broberg will take Kulak’s spot. Maybe they run Perry back and Lavoie gets a shot.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
This offseason the oilers will get rid off Ceci, Kulak, Kane, Foegele. I’m unsure of Campbell as I don’t think the team wants anymore dead cap. Kane will be replaced by Holloway and Broberg will take Kulak’s spot. Maybe they run Perry back and Lavoie gets a shot.
They will buyout Campbell, no question.

Kulak might stay, what he brings for his cap hit is pretty reasonable.

Again, I believe they will explore moving on from Nurse.

Reactions: guymez

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
It’s a win-win being an Oilers fan right now, either they make the finals this year or one of the most intriguing off-seasons in years lies ahead

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
They will buyout Campbell, no question.

Kulak might stay, what he brings for his cap hit is pretty reasonable.

Again, I believe they will explore moving on from Nurse.
I really hope you’re right on all 3 points.

Kulak is not a bad player at all, he gets better in big games and isn’t constantly looking stupid. He’s worth the cap hit.

If they could move Nurse without retention I’d be relieved honestly. Too many mistakes to play big minutes in big games and just way too much of a cap hit.

Ekholm could be our top pairing LD for another year or two, we could have a 2nd pair LD for way less than 9.25.

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
The off season of 1988 was pretty intriguing. I am not so anxious to repeat it myself.

Certainly doesn’t help having DNB at The Athletic publishing articles about how this season might be the beginning of the end of the McDavid era…just hope the team can tune that out

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia

Kane's in that window of
- If he has a great playoffs the team will want to keep him
- If he has a bad playoffs nobody is trading for him

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Kane's in that window of
- If he has a great playoffs the team will want to keep him
- If he has a bad playoffs nobody is trading for him
I don’t think there is any chance that he is here next year. The hope is that he has a good playoffs and the oilers dont have to attach an asset to move him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad