Proposal: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Lots of Balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
So, with the Leaves signing two of their guys, you have to think that really sets up an offer sheet. Capfriendly has the with less that $7 million in space. They risk going over the buffer allowance if they sign Marner.

7M of space with 5D signed and Marner outstanding.

Dump Zaitsev, and they have 12.5M of space to sign Marner and 3 more D to fill out the roster. Only vets left would be Rielly and Muzzin on their D.

Should be interesting!

That said, those are pretty good contracts for Kapanen and Johnsson.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
7M of space with 5D signed and Marner outstanding.

Dump Zaitsev, and they have 12.5M of space to sign Marner and 3 more D to fill out the roster. Only vets left would be Rielly and Muzzin on their D.

Should be interesting!

That said, those are pretty good contracts for Kapanen and Johnsson.
They also have hortons LTIR to use.

I don’t see anyone taking zaitsev.

They have like 12.2m with the LTIR for 5 players, 1 of them being marner.

Some leafs fans seem to think they can just run a roster of 20 during the season and just call up people as needed.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I believe Marner and Mcdavid are friends. And I haven’t heard of him not wanting to play in Western Canada. Dermott and Mcdavid grew up together. I think paying Marner 10.5Mx8 would set us up long term. If we can keep RNH and make the deal.
HoSang is also a friend, Brown has a connection, Simmonds works out with McD @ biosteel, Burakovsky old teammate.
All of that means nothing.
Nurse and Nuge are his friends as well and Oilers are in no position to get rid of "underpaid" players to overpay for a winger.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
To be fair Marner is a hell of a winger. And I’m hoping that Nurse signs a 5.25Mx8 extension next week so I can stop putting him in trade proposals.
:biglaugh: Well he's going to get more then that, but that's not what's amusing.

Marner is a hell of winger, but the Oilers would have be in a dramatically different cap position to get him. The Avs seem primed to make that work.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Some leafs fans seem to think they can just run a roster of 20 during the season and just call up people as needed.
Good grief. They really are in their own little fantasy world over there.

Friedman suggested/reported the Leafs may offer Marner a two-year contract worth $16M and then sign him to a max deal after the next TV contract. I'm sure Marner is just itching to pass on $50M+ and risk injury for the next two seasons.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Friedman suggested/reported the Leafs may offer Marner a two-year contract worth $16M and then sign him to a max deal after the next TV contract. I'm sure Marner is just itching to pass on $50M+ and risk injury for the next two years.

TO is the home of load management. :sarcasm:

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
I’m surprised there hasn’t been any talk of us being interested in Dzingel or Panik. Dzingel will likely be cheaper than Nyquist who is almost 30 and coming off a career year.

Panik seems like an obvious player for us to look at. His numbers aren’t as good as when he signed his last contract so I doubt he gets a raise on his 2.8 million. He’s a consistent 15 goals and 35 points a season.

Donskoi at ~3.25-3.5 and Panik at around ~2.8 sounds fairly realistic for us and would help us more than than the 4 million that Connolly is likely going to get

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Friedman suggested/reported the Leafs may offer Marner a two-year contract worth $16M and then sign him to a max deal after the next TV contract. I'm sure Marner is just itching to pass on $50M+ and risk injury for the next two seasons.
I hope Marner isn’t that stupid.

Reactions: TB12

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
:biglaugh: Well he's going to get more then that, but that's not what's amusing.

Marner is a hell of winger, but the Oilers would have be in a dramatically different cap position to get him. The Avs seem primed to make that work.

We can make Marner work long term if we want to. My thing with Nurse is that he’s not signed long term. I don’t mind him staying as long as he’s signed to a deal where we can keep him in that #3 slot, because that’s where I see him down the road with this team.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Friedman saying he could see Connolly being a frequent guest on Stauffers show.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
To be fair Marner is a hell of a winger. And I’m hoping that Nurse signs a 5.25Mx8 extension next week so I can stop putting him in trade proposals.

His agent would be stupid to accept that. Trouba is getting like $7.5+ per this year, the cap will be higher next year.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
On the assumption RNH and Nurse don’t want to be here long term. Would you do RNH+Nurse for Marner+Dermott?

Edit: Or even better, with Marners hold out situation. We trade Nurse+Lucic(1.5M retained)+1st for Marner+Dermott? Leafs then retain 1.5M and flip Lucic again.

I'm sorry, but this is kind of annoying me, can we stop inventing narratives out of nowhere. There's zero indication at all that RNH and Nurse not wanting to be here other than you bringing it up. We got enough on our plate as is, thanks.

Reactions: Debbie Mathers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad