And some picks to balance the score
It took HFOil by surprise we must say
When Stauffer was talking 'bout you yesterday
Don'tcha know that we...
Heard it through the grapevine
Not much longer til the deadline
Oh we heard it through the grapevine
And we're just about to lose our minds

Two days to the deadline, Holland allegedly will be making his deals tomorrow. Who stays? Who goes? Who comes in?

Dollar in dollar out.
Gut feelings.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Perfect time to get him. Put him on LTIR with no cap implications and is a RFA got 2 years with arb rights. If hes available at the start of the post season that's just an added bonus.
Who goes the other way, Schmidday? If so, I'm okay with that and run Koskinen/Skinner until Blackwood is healed up and goes on a conditioning stint. I'd still like to see what Skinner has with a few consecutive starts at this level.
that makes him a risk but an interesting one. When he was on his game, he was looking like a real starter. If he's on the IR, he at least gives back the cap space. He's the exact kind of goalie that would be good to try out. It's one of those things that's no ideal, but when you neglect the position for this long you have to take interesting risks.

Sportsnet has his return from IR as coming right away btw. So day-to-day, maybe a couple weeks. But imo GMs would want to stay away because of the uncertainty.

If this heel issue is going to be a chronic thing, I'd maybe think twice about getting him right now, despite my response to McDoused above. We traded Visnovsky for Whitney, who had bad ankles. This forced him to retire in his early 30s.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I was all for grabbing Dermott because I thought the cost would be like a 4th rounder or cheaper. Leaf fans on the mains are asking for a 2nd and think hes worth more than gio lol. No thank you for a guy who has 5 points this year.
They might have to pay to give him away simply due to the situation they're in.

They need to clear his cap to make other additions at the deadline. If we can move salary in another trade, Dermott makes sense as a LHD if Holland chose not to pay market costs elsewhere.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Something is likely to happen on the forward front because they just sent down Malone and I doubt RNH is coming back that quickly... so incoming forward alert as they are at 12 forwards and 21 players on the roster currently.

Reactions: gordonhught

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I think this team has an excellent chance to go to the western conference finals... then you gotta hope some other team got lucky and knocked off the Avs before then... or the Avs are a little busted up by then... healthy Avs and healthy Oilers is still quite a mismatch in favour of Colorado.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Did Philippe Myers just completely fall off a cliff? Thought he was establishing himself a bit. I like me 6'5 RHD, but if Nashville's blue line factory can't figure you out... hmm.

He makes a lot of money for what he brings to the table. Especially next year.

I highly, highly doubt he goes unclaimed though. He's one of those under-25 guys with the really weird buyouts. The team that does actually gets a $600k cap credit in the first year and the second year just cancels it out. It's a net negative buyout.

Reactions: Soli

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Does Debrusk still want out of Boston? If so, I bet he's one of the pieces going the other way for Lindholm-especially if Lindholm commits to signing an extension there.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I’d take a chance on Myers. I have a feeling he rebounds. 2.25M avv is nothing. Scoop him up and tell RNH to sit until the playoffs

Last edited:

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
What do you guys think of Blackwood?
Good reflexes, solid glove, but I've never been impressed with his composure. The injuries are very concerning.

I wouldn't throw him into the fire as a deadline move, but in the offseason I'd definitely consider it. He and Samsonov are possible change of scenery candidates.

Reactions: MessierII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad