Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | Rattie to EDM, Oesterle to CHI, Pitlick to DAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
You guys think McDaddy will take less if Oilers are forced to match a huge offersheet?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
MacKinnon and Barrie for Draisaitl would be a great trade. Might be some salary issues to work out, but absolutely you would find a way. There is zero chance that trade was offered.

The Avs are not big fans of Barrie, though, and Drai is significantly more valuable than MacKinnon IMO. He's been riding the #1 draft spot for awhile now.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
I don't know if my memory is dodgy but didn't Chia say he would not deal Eberle after his bad playoff run in his Lebrun interview?

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
If you really believe Brian Lawton, I wouldn't be surprised if the Avs did call and offer Draisaitl for Duchene.

Peter Chiarelli would make that type of move with a guy he didn't love (a deal where he loses 1 for 1 but gets a different fit), but this guy loves Leon so he wouldn't do that.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I assume you'd just match it and then negotiate a trade after.

i also wonder maybe.....you see chia hold off on the mcdavid signing so maybe teams don't know exactly how much to offer sheet draisaitl.

perhaps chia misjudged this and will decide to to drai first then mcdavid.

or almost more likely is this has all been speculation and we are all fools.

I seem to remember when the Weber offersheet happened that Nashville wasnt allowed to trade Weber for a full year after they matched it or something

Ringo13

Jul 9, 2007
I'd do Draisatl for Mackinnon and Barrie.
Figure out a way to add Marleau and Thornton.

Maroon. McDavid. Mackinnon
Strome. RNH. Pool Party
Lucic. Thornton. Marleau
Kassian. Letestu. Slepychev

Klefbom Larsson
Sekera. Russell
Nurse. Barrie

Oilyveins97*

Jun 11, 2017
Manitoba
I'm strongly considering unfollowing David Staples & Jim Matheson. The more I read their Twitter the more I realize how big of idiots they are. Are they considered reliable/respectable in Edmonton?

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
I'm almost sure it's Iggy.

Iginla, Rattie, and Wiercioch.

This is probably about as crazy as we get. Wouldn't mind signing Grigorenko if he took a two way and Fontaine for Depth.

Pending on cost wonder if newly bought out Cammelari would fit?

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
I'm strongly considering unfollowing David Staples & Jim Matheson. The more I read their Twitter the more I realize how big of idiots they are. Are they considered reliable/respectable in Edmonton?

All I know is analytics people really dislike them so I guess you're a mathlete like me ;)

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Stauffer said today, They will get some AHL depth, Look for a Gagner type player that can play C/RW, righted shot, cheap and a veteran LHD.

Rattie/Ferraro/Pirri AHL depth

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
What did Stauffer say for those of us that have been out all day?

Just listening to the podcast now:

So far
- Sounds like all of the 'medium moves' have been done (Russell, Kassian)
- The only 'big moves' to be done are signing McDavid and Draisaitl
- The money gained from Pouliot will likely be deployed later in the season (flexibility for mid-season trade/deadline deal)
- The 'small move' will be signing a 14th forward for under a million dollars. Mentioned Ty Rattie, Brandon Pirri and Landon Ferraro
^ "That is what I would expect, you know, maybe there's a surprise coming. Maybe the team is looking a little higher up for some help."
Identified the left wing chart as: Maroon, Lucic, Caggulia, Khaira
Identified the center chart as: McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Letestu
"The right wings, at this time": Zach Kassian and Ryan Stome (for sure), Slepyshev, Puljujarvi, Pakarinen.
Says there's room for a 14th forward, has to be a guy that can play center, but a right shot. Listed Pirri as an exception.

"Could used experienced left-shot defenceman." Mentioned that Rishaug named Jared Cowen, but don't know if Oilers are in the mix.

AHL team needs a #3 goalie that has played NHL games. Needs two NHL-AHL tweener defencemen. "One physical guy, one that can move the puck." Need 2 centermen, and a couple wingers. (still talking about AHL)

Could all take 6-7 days

Ullrich suggested Cammelleri. Stauffer didn't rule him out, but thinks the Oilers would be after someone younger and a better skater.

Last edited:

OILFAN #81

Apr 14, 2006
San Jose, California
Why isn't we re-sign Pitlick to something like a 2 year deal with an AAV of 1.1 M or so? He's better than Ferraro, Rattie, etc. Pitlick is getting offers from multiple teams at over a M.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I dunno he comes across a attention ***** to me :sarcasm:
UjLmOsH.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad