Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Waiting For a Trade For Lu(cic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Wow. That is a risky contract with his age and injuries.

I'm guessing Timo Meier is going to get traded for a bunch of prospects and picks. They can't lose Pavelski for nothing.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
huh, maybe my buddy is not full of shit. He did say watch out for Edmonton and the sharks being trade partners this offseason and yes he does have ties to the Oilers but till anything happens its all bs

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Holy crap! Karlsson had 3 goals last year and has 12 in 2 years. He’s terrible at defence and gets 11.5m to be the 3rd highest player ever. San Jose can have him.

Reactions: Darkwinter

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Wow. That is a risky contract with his age and injuries.

I'm guessing Timo Meier is going to get traded for a bunch of prospects and picks. They can't lose Pavelski for nothing.

Meier is their best forward. There's no way IMO that they trade him to make room for a very old Pavelski.

What this means for the Oilers interests is that Nyqvist and Donskoi are almost certainly going to hit the market.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i think Hertl is a better player than Meier but i get your points.

SJ can sign thornton for 1M so he isnt an issue. Pavelski is a 8-10M player though

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
This is the Sj GM we are talking about. He will give a 34Yr old 8+ million. No problem lol

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
And 5 years from now his team will still be a cup contender while HFBoards posters are still predicting that the Sharks will fall off the bridge any time now just you wait.
I mean assuming all those expensive defensive don't have a fall off as +35 defensemen tend to.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Pavelski is 34, so I doubt he gets that money. I suspect they'll give him 5yr and $7-8M per.
They won't be able to give him that. There is serious talk of the cap being at $82M. With EK at $11.5M or so the Sharks would have $11.5M to sign Meier, Labanc, Pavelski and 3 or four more. They would be incredibly lucky to get Meier and Labanc on bridge deals at $8M.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
And 5 years from now his team will still be a cup contender while HFBoards posters are still predicting that the Sharks will fall off the bridge any time now just you wait.

If you say so..

In five years:
Burns, 39, $8 mil
Vlasic, 38, $7 mil
Couture, 35, $8 mil
Karlsson, 34, $11 mil
Kane, 32, $7 mil

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

They aren't even a Cup contender now. They got vastly outplayed by Vegas only to be saved by the refs.
Now they've committed to this team for the next half decade.

Last edited:
Reactions: rboomercat90

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
They won't be able to give him that. There is serious talk of the cap being at $82M. With EK at $11.5M or so the Sharks would have $11.5M to sign Meier, Labanc, Pavelski and 3 or four more. They would be incredibly lucky to get Meier and Labanc on bridge deals at $8M.
They'll probably move/buyout Dillon and I suspect they can make it work, I think they might bridge Labanc, but Meier is going to need a long term deal.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
My guess for the Sharks?

They bridge Meier and sign Pavelski for a 1 year deal at a market bargain. Doug Wilson will find a way like always.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Damn. I think San Jose’s victory over Vegas in the playoffs gave them a belief they are better than they actually are.

That’s a lot of coin to invest in Karlsson for a lot of years and the dude is already showing wear and tear.

Save for one shitty penalty kill on a bogus penalty call, Vegas was about to run away with that series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad