Make it happen Chia

or

To EDM: Hamonic
To NYI: Brodin + Klefbom
To MIN: Strome

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
If Chia can get Brodin for Yak + the 32 or something then I would be fine with it. He'd be way cheaper to get than Hamonic. The way Hamonic is playing in the playoffs the Isle are going to ask for the sun and moon.

Yak + 32 for Brodin
4th + Osterle for Faulk

Sekera - Faulk
Klefbom - Brodin
Davidson - Reinhart
Fayne

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I'm getting a feeling that we are going to have an uneventful summer compared to what we are hoping for/expecting.

My prediction!

Eberle for Vatanen. This will be the only immediate deal to fix the D. Fans will be upset.

4th traded down to the 9-12 range for a solid D prospect. We draft a forward like Brown or Jost.

Yak traded for another young forward in need of a change of scenery.

We acquire Andrew Shaw.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't think so.

Bouwmeester is incredibly fast. One of the smoothest skating D in the NHL. He has a nice breakout pass and I've been rooting for St. Louis out of the west this year and watched all of their games thus far scouting Shattenkirk, Backes, Brouwer, and Lehtera as possible trade targets/free agent acquisitions.

Bouwmeester leaves a lot to be desired because he seems to have the tools to be a force in the NHL. He is getting a bit old now but he carved out quite an impressive career for himself. I'd love him on the Oilers paired with a Hamonic as a shutdown pairing.

He plays GIGANTIC minutes on one of the best teams in the NHL. Here's a sample.

hs3Mqxo.png

I took a look the other day and his offense has dropped year after year, but so has his PP time. He'd be a very valuable asset that if needed could be used differently than now. I think the other thing with Bouwmeester is because of how good of a skater he is I think he probably has a longer career than other guys who can't skate as well.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I don't think there is much available for defense sadly. Unless Chiarelli bites the bullet and trades Klefbom for Hamonic we aren't getting that deal done it sounds like. Vatanen is going to be tough because they need cap space and will want a good player back. Subban is just media hyping nothing. I just don't see much there. Brodin maybe, but I worry about the cost.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don't think there is much available for defense sadly. Unless Chiarelli bites the bullet and trades Klefbom for Hamonic we aren't getting that deal done it sounds like. Vatanen is going to be tough because they need cap space and will want a good player back. Subban is just media hyping nothing. I just don't see much there. Brodin maybe, but I worry about the cost.

There's more available than last year. We have more assets to deal with too.

Offer sheet Vatanen if worse comes to worse. Anaheim can't match.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara

Really? I think this is a great year to go for it.

Subban
Vatanen
Hamonic
Barrie
Faulk
Demers
Brodin

Those are just some of the names out there. While not all of them will be moved, there are also names that aren't out there that I'm sure will be.

No team, and I mean no team, is in a better position to offer quality assets back to those teams looking for a shakeup!

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
If we have to protect Sekera, I'd rather just ask him to waive his NMC and package him with RNH for Faulk+

For the expansion we protect Faulk, Klef and Davidson(if he continues his trajectory)

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I don't think the league knows about Davidson yet. He has more value to us than to other teams.

Yup, being an Oiler D hes probably completely under the radar. Which is fine for me. Ill keep him and watch him continue to get better. Skys the limit for him

Watch him figure out his slapshot this year (which is a rocket) and put up 10 goals

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Where else are we getting puck moving defenceman that can reliably complete a stretch pass?

We probably need 2 of them to become a playoff team. That or we need a stud like Letang that can reliably play 30 minutes a night and complete consistent stretch passes. It is probably easier to get two 20 minute a night types.

I think we have a playoff capable forward core. It could be better, but I think when you look at the forward cores of the guys in the NHL, we can easily compete.

Our defence is atrocious though. We have zero puck movers, every team in the dance right now has multiple. We need to acquire multiple from some where. I think Barrie and Seabrook are likely the cheapest on the market.

Maybe Dumba, but I dont think he fits the reliable category at all.

I clearly said I was interested in Seabrook with retention... No one is touching Seabrook at 6.8. You are moving the goalposts here.

Jason Demers is a better D than Seabrook right now in all categories. 4 years younger, and will come way cheaper in free agency (wont cost assets, wont cost 6.8M). Sign Demers, forget abotu Seabrook

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I don't think the league knows about Davidson yet. He has more value to us than to other teams.

By league do you mean other teams managers and scouts? Or do you mean the HFboard hoard that we for some reason keep trying to impress despite the fact that they wouldn't know the value their $10 bill had at the grocery store?

NHL managers with any more intelligence than MacT certainly know who Davidson is.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Weell Chia told Dreger there hasnt been a discussion about Subban, and their likely wont be.

While it could very well be true...

If you're Peter Chiarelli and you're working on a blockbuster deal for Subban, which would involve major assets coming from us, you don't give any indication of that to Media who come an ask. Especially Leaf media like Dreger.

I'm not saying there is a deal being discussed for Subban, but if there is, we likely won't hear a credible source discuss it until it is within 48 hours of completion at the earliest.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
By league do you mean other teams managers and scouts? Or do you mean the HFboard hoard that we for some reason keep trying to impress despite the fact that they wouldn't know the value their $10 bill had at the grocery store?

NHL managers with any more intelligence than MacT certainly know who Davidson is.

No kidding. You could say Davidson has been tremendous in goalie, a real rock. And people would be none the wiser. I think people would be shocked how little hockey games people watch of other teams, especially bottom feeders. Not to mention Davidsons rise came mainly in the games McDavid was injured (only reason to watch Oilers)

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Klefbom should not be traded for Hamonic. He will be as good if not better. Feel free to quote me on this in the future.

so what? Klefbom wont be a right hand shot and will not be physical..
Add in his health issues and how proven Hamonic is I would make that swap.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
cannot be justified... Brodin had horrible season on par with Yakupovs if not worse.

Yup, would be a horrible, horrible trade that would actually have really bad implications. Mainly on the other D we could have gotten for RNH. Brodin is meh and makes 4M. Yak for Brodin gives Wild some potential cheap fire power and also sheds them of 4M. If Im dealing with Wild Im looking to step on there throats in a deal. Wild and CLB are two teams you take to the cleaner in a trade. If you can rip them off you are probably a bad GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad