Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread | No Smoke-Free Zones In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I'd like nothing more than the actual insiders to break the damn news already so we can either cheer knowing Hall's back or be disappointed and look elsewhere like a Hyman or Tatar. But yeah, there's a lot of legit smoke to the fire rumors here and everything just seems to make sense if you look back from last off season to now.

I don't think any of them will speak up on specific destinations for UFAs until closer to Free Agency, unfortunately. Will probably have to wait until then

Reactions: McAsuno

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
tumblr_mzzbyznfy71r2768io1_250.gif

Bring him home!

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Reposting for new thread. We should do a Talley of the Hall to Edmonton and Hall not to Edmonton rumours:

Hall to Edmonton:
- Gazzola (plugged in former Oilers media guy and current TSN member) - Says he’s heard from people it’s a possibility. Also, could see this year as the year Oilers go all in adding a guy like Hall and/or Hyman
- Chris Johnston (legit TSN media member) - Said Hall wanted back in October but the cap space wasn’t there. Speculates that it will be a better possibility in the off season when the Oilers have freed cap.
- Snipes45 (a random poster who alleges he’s called trades and signings before) - Says he’s already bought land here and will be coming back confirmed. Source: owning expensive real estate and dealing with people that would buy such real estate ie. millionaire NHLers
- duul- Says he’s coming back and previously called the Lucic signing before it was confirmed as well as Hensley related rumors
- 2muttspodcast (a local Oilers podcast run by local Edmonton realtor) - says not to be surprised to see Hall back, does not go into details regarding sources.
- Avs fan on Avs trade rumours board - Says he’s also heard from sources hall to Edmonton is a thing. Doesn’t seem like a troll job since it’s Avs fan to an Avs audience.
- Cyclonesweep (Hfboards regular) - Hall wanted to come here last summer but no cap. Verbal Agreement is in place to try again this summer.
- Oilers89 (hfboards semi-regular) - states to take with grain of salt but has a friend who knows a guy with legit connects. States there’s a deal done for Hall tucked away. Connor and Hall are hanging out in the shushwaps.
- McAsuno (hfboards regular) - reached out to a Twitter true that may have sources to get his thoughts on the rumors. Twitter source says the rumours are true.

Hall not coming to Edmonton
- Whitney (former Oiler and Hall’s buddy) - texted Hall regarding the rumours and got a no in response. Should be safe to assume that even if the answer was a “yes I’m coming back”, he would not let that leak to the Spitting Chiclets podcast while he’s still Bruins property and the bidding period has not even started.
- NHL Rumors Daily Twitter Account (no idea who this is or if there’s an credibility) - says he seriously doubts it’s happening. Seems to be basing that opinion on the Whitney thing. So doesn’t actually have sources.
- Strickland (Blues media guy) - says hall is close in Boston

I think I have that summed up and include everything. Tell me if I missed anything.

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
tenor.gif

if that's the case, might as well get Eberle back here too and reunite the kid line :laugh::laugh::laugh:
How bout a former 1st overall instead? What you guys think about a NAIL YAKUPOV reclamation PTO??? Kiril the Trill 2.0???

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
It's kinda a breath of fresh air to be connected to so many rumors. And rumors that are actually substantial.
Remember when we had nothing to look forward too except the draft?
Better enjoy this offseason because once the team is formed. We're going to probably see pretty much the same team for the next 5-8 years.
I pray for a good outcome and the right players joining the team.
Either way this is probably going to be the most eventful offseason we had in a while. :naughty::naughty::nod::yo:

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
What's the deal with the Koskinen rumors? Anyone fill me in?

Someone should post a full rumor rundown.

I'm also fully sold on Hall coming back, can bring the old jersey back out.

CravenMH

Aug 6, 2020
Maybe that's the reason Nuggie took the discount, giving up a little to make room for his old pal. Makes you think.

Originally I assumed it was because he is comfortable still making a great salary and not having to improve his fitness or skills. If he goes to open market and signs for 7M somewhere, he would have to actually train hard like other high level players in the off season or risk being exposed as over valued. And he is not a young pup anymore.

Hopefully we get Hall but imo we still need another top 6 LW. Put RNH 3rd line centre vs weaker talent and he can play special teams also. McLeod will be a good 4C this season after getting his feet wet. Cut ties with Khaira, love the guy but his concussion history is more than just a little concerning.

Reactions: DarksideGhost

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

I've seen two

Koskinen might be traded to Anaheim or Nashville shortly, Oilers retaining a bit.

The other I saw was Koskinen for Kessel was being discussed for post ED

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Apparently Rishaug and Gregor talked about it today which could lead to a trade in the following days? That's all I heard on twitter but didn't tune into the show.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
He had to retire because of serious covid related issues

He didn't retire. The article that stated he "retired" was just a bad translation combined with clickbait headlining, revealing in the actual text that he recovered from covid with no complications.

EXCLUSIVE – NHL Draft first pick Yakupov may have retired due to serious health problems after COVID-19

He resigned a two year contract the day after that article came out.

(I apologize for the twitter link, not really a follower of KHL news sites)

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
He didn't retire. The article that stated he "retired" was just a bad translation combined with clickbait headlining, revealing in the actual text that he recovered from covid with no complications.

Jesse Marsch will become new RB Leipzig head coach

He resigned a two year contract the day after that article came out.

(I apologize for the twitter link, not really a follower of KHL news sites)

Nevermind thank you for the clarification

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Anyone think getting Keith might be part of making Edmonton more attractive to potential UFAs? Might be part of why Kenny pulled the trigger when he did. We all know how most NHL players feel about analytics.

If im a UFA and see that I'm more interested.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Is it a good thing or bad thing that Bobby Orr is Hall’s agent? On the one hand, he’s McDavids agent too, on the other hand he’s a former Bruin and Beantown Legend, and on another hand he’s also Matthews agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad