Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Hyman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Signing Barrie is one move closer to having Nurse repeat his amazing year...which the team needs

It also bumps Bouchard to Keiths pair...which I absolutely love
Barrie-Nurse got on a roll last year and looked like a true top pairing. I would be okay with that. Keith-Lars made so much sense though, still think Lars presents a huge loss here. The idea was that we could revive Keith's performance by giving a bonafide and solid NHLer in Larsson, now we are going to pair him with a rookie like Chicago was unsuccessfully trotting out for the last few years? Concerning.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I’d trade Kassian for DeBrusk, that’s as much as I’d give up for him.

Yeah. DeBrusk makes too much. Will make it tough to qualify him next year unless he puts up a good year. Its sort of like the AA trade except we know that the cap is flat. Its risky to give too much for him and he shouldnt have much value.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
If it’s something like Barrie + DeBrusk in and Bear out, the net gain probably works out but I’d hate to let Bear go too.
The thing is that's going to be like 8-10 mil in cap. Could grab a winger in FA and keep Bear for a better price and likely better result.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Barrie-Nurse got on a roll last year and looked like a true top pairing. I would be okay with that. Keith-Lars made so much sense though, still think Lars presents a huge loss here. The idea was that we could revive Keith's performance by giving a bonafide and solid NHLer in Larsson, now we are going to pair him with a rookie like Chicago was unsuccessfully trotting out for the last few years? Concerning.

Keith was always going to partner with Bouchard to mentor him, spending 5.5 million on Keith, then 5.5 on Barrie, and another 4 million on Larsson was never part of the plan ever.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I brought what he was saying rather than what he literally said. I never claimed what I wrote to be a transcription. You took issue with an interpretation of a source from another source that presumably came from the player or agent. You don’t seem to understand where you are (a hockey fan forum) and I’m not sure what you think your words are communicating here other than that you might be a wad.

You added spin and you didn’t like being called out.

Call me whatever you like.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

Keith- Jokiharu was a fine pair. Colliton is a bad coach

I'm honestly shocked Oil fans aren't absolutely stoked that Bouchard is gonna be a full time player next season tbh

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Let me blow your mind -- the Oilers D was not great last year.

McDavid, Draisaitl, Smith, Nurse, and a bit of Barrie drove the bus, the rest of the group was basically passengers that got dragged along for the ride.

If Larsson is such a playoff warrior, why is he such stinky ass in the playoffs? -4 in 4 games this year, on the ice for all 3 Winnipeg overtime winners and gifted a Jets scrub a big time goal in game 1 that killed our momentum.
Plus minus is a terrible stat to use for analysis. I don’t even know why it’s still counted. So much a player cannot affect effects the stat.

Reactions: Faelko

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
The thing is that's going to be like 8-10 mil in cap. Could grab a winger in FA and keep Bear for a better price and likely better result.
Depends on Barries deal I suppose, Bear for DeBrusk is a 1.6 addition, if Barrie is 5 it’s only 6.6M.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
DeBrusk scored a ton of goals the two seasons previous to last one, not sure why there's so much hate on him.

He fell out of favor in Boston with the coaching over conditioning issues, work ethic, or some other issues.

Not really sure what happened there since I don't follow boston, but anytime you hear that kind of stuff, it's concerning.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Let me blow your mind -- the Oilers D was not great last year.

McDavid, Draisaitl, Smith, Nurse, and a bit of Barrie drove the bus, the rest of the group was basically passengers that got dragged along for the ride.

If Larsson is such a playoff warrior, why is he such stinky ass in the playoffs? -4 in 4 games this year, on the ice for all 3 Winnipeg overtime winners and gifted a Jets scrub a big time goal in game 1 that killed our momentum.
Wasn't great but it was fine for the most part. The biggest improvement they took last year was offence from the D, i guess Larsson never really contributed in that sense so hopefully that continues if we sign Barrie and insert Bouchard.

From what I remember in the playoffs, I don't think I put any goals directly on Larsson's shoulders. -/+ is an irrelevant stat in most cases, over a 4 game sample size even more so. I think Larsson's worth in the playoffs is still unknown one way or the other though. But he I think it can be expected that he'd perform better than our younger D.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
I just think Bear is much better and also plays a more valuable position.
Bear is better than Savard, at what? Did you see Bear play down the stretch or in the playoffs. Bear has potential to be better which is what we are banking on. Savard is better at being a capable middle pairing D man right now.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I wonder if Holland took Keiths full salary on b/c he didnt think he would sign that many UFA's? Makes you wonder. Doesnt absolve him of the trade though.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Wasn't great but it was fine for the most part. The biggest improvement they took last year was offence from the D, i guess Larsson never really contributed in that sense so hopefully that continues if we sign Barrie and insert Bouchard.

From what I remember in the playoffs, I don't think I put any goals directly on Larsson's shoulders. -/+ is an irrelevant stat in most cases, over a 4 game sample size even more so. I think Larsson's worth in the playoffs is still unknown one way or the other though. But he I think it can be expected that he'd perform better than our younger D.

The first goal of the series is on him, has body position on a Jets 4th liner and just lets him skate straight to the net to bang in a rebound. Totally deflated our momentum.

Don't know what the f*** he was doing on the game 4 winner either.

Awful in the Blackhawks play in too.

The Oilers D was "fine" because Mike Smith made them look fine. Nothing more, nothing less.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Keith was always going to partner with Bouchard to mentor him, spending 5.5 million on Keith, then 5.5 on Barrie, and another 4 million on Larsson was never part of the plan ever.
Dunno if both Barrie and Lars were the plan, they most likely weren't. But Lars was part of the plan. We can't read Tipps mind, but with all the chatter around why Keith would work here as opposed to the Hawks, it was 2nd pairing minutes plus more experience/better partners than were available on the Hawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad