Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Hyman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
No issue with the 8 year contract. You gotta overpay in term if you want to bring down the AAV.

Now if they overpay in term AND cap then you have issues.

4.25 x 8 years seems about right to me. Anything more then that on 8 years and I wouldn't be too happy.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014

E62YSMAVoAEhIDQ

How people not have an issue with 8 years is f***ing insane, stop kicking problems down the road.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Holland might just be worse then Chiarelli if he loses Larsson then sign Hyman on the same week for 8 f***ing years.

Please for the sake of god someone fire Nicholson asap.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
God it's annoying. It think Hyman could be the perfect winger for McDavid. I see him as a way better Patrick Maroon. That said a big contract for a guy who NEVER gotten over 50 points is...gross
That said Hyman has never been a negative player and will most likely be our netfront pp guy here so I could see him hitting over 50 here

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Who can sign 8-year deals in the NHL?

(iv) An SPC with a term of greater than seven (7) years, provided, however, that a Club may sign a Player to an SPC with a term of up to eight (8) years if that Player was on such Club’s Reserve List as of and since the most recent Trade Deadline. With respect to potential Unrestricted Free Agents only, the ability to re-sign a Player to an SPC of eight (8) years expires when the Player becomes an Unrestricted Free Agent. With respect to a Player who becomes a Group 2 Restricted Free Agent, a Club may sign such Player to an SPC with a term of up to eight (8) years provided such Player was on such Club’s Reserve List and/or Restricted Free Agent List as of and since the most recent Trade Deadline.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
No issue with the 8 year contract. You gotta overpay in term if you want to bring down the AAV.

Now if they overpay in term AND cap then you have issues.

4.25 x 8 years seems about right to me. Anything more then that on 8 years and I wouldn't be too happy.

That's still a horrible deal.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

dem

Mar 17, 2002
I could definitely see us signing Hyman to an 8 year deal to get the cap hit lower. Holland won't be here to deal with it at the end.

Reactions: Faelko

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Who can sign 8-year deals in the NHL?

(iv) An SPC with a term of greater than seven (7) years, provided, however, that a Club may sign a Player to an SPC with a term of up to eight (8) years if that Player was on such Club’s Reserve List as of and since the most recent Trade Deadline. With respect to potential Unrestricted Free Agents only, the ability to re-sign a Player to an SPC of eight (8) years expires when the Player becomes an Unrestricted Free Agent. With respect to a Player who becomes a Group 2 Restricted Free Agent, a Club may sign such Player to an SPC with a term of up to eight (8) years provided such Player was on such Club’s Reserve List and/or Restricted Free Agent List as of and since the most recent Trade Deadline.
Toronto has to sign him to a 8 year deal and then trade him.

Can't trade his rights and have that team sign him to a 8 year.

Reactions: joestevens29

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton

E62YSMAVoAEhIDQ

How people not have an issue with 8 years is f***ing insane, stop kicking problems down the road.

If it's like 3 million then screw it..... we're gonna have bigger problems than Zack Hyman if we don't win anything in the next 8 years. (McDavid and Drai expiring)

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
God it's annoying. It think Hyman could be the perfect winger for McDavid. I see him as a way better Patrick Maroon. That said a big contract for a guy who NEVER gotten over 50 points is...gross
That said Hyman has never been a negative player and will most likely be our netfront pp guy here so I could see him hitting over 50 here
If hes our net front guy get him another layer of padding because if hes here for 8 years we need to protect him for dear life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad