Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Hyman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Yes, Hyman bought it.

giphy.gif

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Keith- Jokiharu was a fine pair. Colliton is a bad coach

I'm honestly shocked Oil fans aren't absolutely stoked that Bouchard is gonna be a full time player next season tbh

Im higher on Keith as a player than most but giving him a rookie partner still doesn't seem logical to me considering the reasons that it didn't work in Chicago the last 2 years.

I think Bouch will bring amazing offense and his shot will be one of the best in the NHL. His lack of urgency in his own end still sticks out though. Keith is urgent in his own end so maybe he does teach Bouch a couple things... still its a risky bet. If it doesn't work, things can fall apart back there fast.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
He fell out of favor in Boston with the coaching over conditioning issues, work ethic, or some other issues.

Not really sure what happened there since I don't follow boston, but anytime you hear that kind of stuff, it's concerning.
His play away from the puck started to deteriorate and continued slowly down. Hope he is working with some coaches this summer. His career can probably be saved.....but Edmonton's garage is piss poor.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I wonder if Holland took Keiths full salary on b/c he didnt think he would sign that many UFA's? Makes you wonder. Doesnt absolve him of the trade though.
A "Take what you can get" strategy? Yeh I think its possible. Holland probably knew what the Edmonton GM job entails before he took it, 2 years later he must know even more.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
A "Take what you can get" strategy? Yeh I think its possible. Holland probably knew what the Edmonton GM job entails before he took it, 2 years later he must know even more.

Yeah who knows. I also really havent seen any creativity from Holland to try and make nothing from something, so to speak. I think he takes what he is given and focuses on signing the players who want to be here.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Any offers on Halls new house here?
I'm not liking this....
I hate the thought of providing any picks back to Toronto....just because its Toronto.

All in all, with players not wanting to be here, etc. etc. a disappointing offseason so far. The thought of those 2 picks for AA still stings.

Hall will use Purple Bricks likely....no commission.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Yeah who knows. I also really havent seen any creativity from Holland to try and make nothing from something, so to speak. I think he takes what he is given and focuses on signing the players who want to be here.
He is not the man for the job that lays in front of him now. At the very least he needs some outside help. I suggest Chris MacFarland.
Give Chris co-GM with a promise for two hence.

Reactions: FlameChampion

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The first goal of the series is on him, has body position on a Jets 4th liner and just lets him skate straight to the net to bang in a rebound. Totally deflated our momentum.

Don't know what the f*** he was doing on the game 4 winner either.

Awful in the Blackhawks play in too.

The Oilers D was "fine" because Mike Smith made them look fine. Nothing more, nothing less.
Rewatched it. He made an attempted poke and missed. He braced himself for an incoming shot instead of squaring up the streaking Jet to the net. I dunno, its the Oilers and maybe if he clips the incoming Jet he's worried about an interference call or maybe he was too worried about the incoming shot and protecting himself to make the play that needed to be made.

In any case, we got 1 good year Larsson, 2 bad year Larssons, and then another good year seems to the consensus. Losing him still presents a pretty big hole on this roster. My prediction is that Lars will kill it in Seattle. I will await to see what Holland replaces him with to make a prediction on how the Oilers blue line will do next year, but I'm not optimistic what Holland will come up with.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He seems to take a very simple approach to this job. I don't think its a good thing. Creativity will obviously solve more problems than just doing the job straight up as he has been doing.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He is not the man for the job that lays in front of him now. At the very least he needs some outside help. I suggest Chris MacFarland.
Give Chris co-GM with a promise for two hence.
I thought about this too. Holland is an old vet with loads of experience but many miles on the brain, there's value there and he showed it in the negoation with Pulju. A young assistant GM or co-GM, someone with a deep analytics background to balance out Holland's hopefully still good eye test would have been smart. But that ship has sailed.

Reactions: BlackDogg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad