Rumour, Trade & Free Agent Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
IIRC Jesse can't play this season, possible trade near the TDL assuming the Jets are out of it and Oilers are in the chase. Jets bring a big body who has had some chemistry with Laine in the past. Oilers do it get rid of a headache player and add a body to their roster from the Jets. Jets do it with the hope of Jesse finding his game big time on the Jets and possible with Laine.

Oilers Jesse P for Jack Rosvolic?

Or

Oilers Jesse P for Vesalainen?

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
IIRC Jesse can't play this season, possible trade near the TDL assuming the Jets are out of it and Oilers are in the chase. Jets bring a big body who has had some chemistry with Laine in the past.

Or

I'd be interested. Either option might be acceptable. Pulju is a bit of a reclamation project, but potentially high reward.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I'd be interested. Either option might be acceptable. Pulju is a bit of a reclamation project, but potentially high reward.

That's my thoughts. Plus it's a bit of a shakeup on the Jets and start tweak the lineup with fresh blood for next year......obviously more trades would happen especially on D.

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

GeorgeJETson

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
That's my thoughts. Plus it's a bit of a shakeup on the Jets and start tweak the lineup with fresh blood for next year......obviously more trades would happen especially on D.

Yeah, we could then maybe look into trading a winger for a D. Probably would need to do an overpay, but if Pulju pans out, could be worth it.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Yeah, we could then maybe look into trading a winger for a D. Probably would need to do an overpay, but if Pulju pans out, could be worth it.

Agreed......albeit I would hate to give up any of our young wingers. Sooner give up futures via picks/prospects for a bit of an older (late 20's maybe) top 4 D maybe......they would be cheaper to get then a young top 4 D in a package for one of Laine/Ehlers/Connor.

GeorgeJETson

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Agreed......albeit I would hate to give up any of our young wingers. Sooner give up futures via picks/prospects for a bit of an older (late 20's maybe) top 4 D maybe......they would be cheaper to get then a young top 4 D in a package for one of Laine/Ehlers/Connor.

I'd prefer futures only, but it might not be a reality. I can't see a top 4 D (even one in their late 20s) going for futures only.

Who knows - maybe we can win the draft lottery :laugh:

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I'd prefer futures only, but it might not be a reality. I can't see a top 4 D (even one in their late 20s) going for futures only.

Who knows - maybe we can win the draft lottery :laugh:

Muzzin type of trade maybe.....late 1st, 2nd Rd prospect and a bit of a reclamation type of 2nd Rd prospect is what he cost. Our 1st would be better then a late one so maybe a 1st & 2nd Rd pick or prospect might get it done. Hate giving up a 1st Rd pick......but we also aren't a FA hot bed this summer so not sure if we can assume any top 4 D FA guys will sign here this summer. If we start tanking hard obviously we wouldn't give up any 1st Rd pick b/c it's worth too much, so really depends how the next month goes IMO.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Muzzin type of trade maybe.....late 1st, 2nd Rd prospect and a bit of a reclamation type of 2nd Rd prospect is what he cost. Our 1st would be better then a late one so maybe a 1st & 2nd Rd pick or prospect might get it done. Hate giving up a 1st Rd pick......but we also aren't a FA hot bed this summer so not sure if we can assume any top 4 D FA guys will sign here this summer. If we start tanking hard obviously we wouldn't give up any 1st Rd pick b/c it's worth too much, so really depends how the next month goes IMO.

I’d put the first in play for Manson only if it was heavily lottery protected, otherwise try and defer to 2021

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I’d put the first in play for Manson only if it was heavily lottery protected, otherwise try èand defer to 2021
I'm not sure we should send picks when we can't protect Niku, Poolman, Roslovic among others at the expansion draft. If we're acquiring a top 4 D, might as well include Niku in the packsge.

Reactions: Heldig

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I'm not sure we should send picks when we can't protect Niku, Poolman, Roslovic among others at the expansion draft. If we're acquiring a top 4 D, might as well include Niku in the packsge.

Good point

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Will moving a Roslovic really shake the team up all that much?

If Buff is healthy, moving him would be a big shake up. Moving a Copp or a Lowry would be as well.

Maybe Lowry for Murray.

Buff for a futures package.

Futures plus Roslovic for another dmen like Dumba.

Connor Scheifele Laine
Ehlers Little Wheeler
Perrault Copp Appelton
Harkins Shore Bourque

JoMo Dumba
Murray Pionk
Kuli Poolman

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
IIRC Jesse can't play this season, possible trade near the TDL assuming the Jets are out of it and Oilers are in the chase. Jets bring a big body who has had some chemistry with Laine in the past. Oilers do it get rid of a headache player and add a body to their roster from the Jets. Jets do it with the hope of Jesse finding his game big time on the Jets and possible with Laine.

Or

I think Jesse P is a bust nothing to see move on kind of bust.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Why would we trade Roslo for a winger that couldn't make the Oilers team and they couldn't trade?
I'd love to see Manson here and MP going back. Niku, 2021 1st and MP for Manson.
With everyone healthy next year and Buff gone...

Ehlers-Scheif -Laine
KC -Wheeler- Roslo
KV- Little -Appleton
Gus/Harkins- Lowry- Copp

JMo -Manson
Samberg -Pionk
Heinola -Poolman
(Boolow and Sbisa as our 7 and 8 D?)
I think Samberg and Manson on the PK would be nice.

Helle -Francouz? Berdin?

Reactions: Keystone and GNP

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

If Buff is healthy, moving him would be a big shake up. Moving a Copp or a Lowry would be as well.

Maybe Lowry for Murray.

Connor Scheifele Laine
Ehlers Little Wheeler
Perrault Copp Appelton
Harkins Shore Bourque

JoMo Dumba
Murray Pionk
Kuli Poolman
People keep talking about how Brodin is the Minnesota D we really want as he is better in the D zone. That's the kind of D I want we have enough offensive D not enough Defensive D.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
People keep talking about how Brodin is the Minnesota D we really want as he is better in the D zone. That's the kind of D I want we have enough offensive D not enough Defensive D.
Yup, we have enough O from the D men, we need more D...preferably someone with size and quick on his feet with a good IQ...or in a word... Manson.

Reactions: GNP

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Went through some depth charts trying to find some RHD that might be available. Slim pickins. Came up with the following:

Josh Manson
Sami Vatanen (needs extension)
Phillipe Myers
Nicolas Hague

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Maybe Lowry for Murray.

Connor Scheifele Laine
Ehlers Little Wheeler
Perrault Copp Appelton
Harkins Shore Bourque

JoMo Dumba
Murray Pionk
Kuli Poolman

I don't think moving Roslovic will shake up the team all that much. Packaged with some other assets he might return a 2nd pair RHD.

Lowry would be on my move list. Copp would not. I would try to make up for last year's arbitration by offering him a nice extension.

Buff is still such a question mark that it is hard to consider anything with him. How will the grievance turn out? How is his health? How is his fitness? What about his drive and interest in playing more? Will he retire? Will he go on LTIR? Will he play? Who knows?

Murray looks like he elevated his play in a contract year and has now fallen back to normal. He has only 1 more year till UFA. That might suggest a big year coming up. But I am not interested in a 1 year stopgap, neither am I interested in a player who only shows up in contract years. Then there is his injury history. He is injured again now.

The add to Roslovic to get Dumba would be our 1st, at least.

Maybe Lowry + Roslovic is a package that could get a 3/4 RHD on a decent contract. I would prefer to not trade Lowry within our div, or even conf. That would not be a deal breaker though. When original 6 teams made trades they were always going to see a lot of the traded player. That didn't stop them trading.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I don't think moving Roslovic will shake up the team all that much. Packaged with some other assets he might return a 2nd pair RHD.

Lowry would be on my move list. Copp would not. I would try to make up for last year's arbitration by offering him a nice extension.

Buff is still such a question mark that it is hard to consider anything with him. How will the grievance turn out? How is his health? How is his fitness? What about his drive and interest in playing more? Will he retire? Will he go on LTIR? Will he play? Who knows?

Murray looks like he elevated his play in a contract year and has now fallen back to normal. He has only 1 more year till UFA. That might suggest a big year coming up. But I am not interested in a 1 year stopgap, neither am I interested in a player who only shows up in contract years. Then there is his injury history. He is injured again now.

The add to Roslovic to get Dumba would be our 1st, at least.

Maybe Lowry + Roslovic is a package that could get a 3/4 RHD on a decent contract. I would prefer to not trade Lowry within our div, or even conf. That would not be a deal breaker though. When original 6 teams made trades they were always going to see a lot of the traded player. That didn't stop them trading.

I am not sure about that, he is middle of the road CF% on his team while being near the top in terms of XGF%. It seems to me that he is playing at a solid second pairing level. Granted he has been injured yet again. Maybe you get him cheaper then Lowry.

I figure you could get a 1st plus a very good prospect for Buff.

My package for Dumba would be Roslovic a 1st (Lovest of our two firsts) and a C prospect.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I am not sure about that, he is middle of the road CF% on his team while being near the top in terms of XGF%. It seems to me that he is playing at a solid second pairing level. Granted he has been injured yet again. Maybe you get him cheaper then Lowry.

I figure you could get a 1st plus a very good prospect for Buff.

My package for Dumba would be Roslovic a 1st (Lovest of our two firsts) and a C prospect.

I just looked at his scoring. Way up last year, for a contract. Way back down this year. I don't mind him if his D play is good. But we are still left with his injuries and his contract.

I don't think we can get anything for Buff as it stands now. Although Puljujarvi just popped into my head. A risk for a risk. If Buff had started skating a couple of weeks ago there might have been something at the TD. Maybe if he can come back for a few games at the end of the season we can get something for him. But until he is seen getting ready to play I'm not counting on a nickel.

I think our 1st alone will be worth more than Dumba but if we got another one, a late one, I would certainly think about that. Need to first decide what we might likely get with it. There are some interesting D and C in that 20-31 range.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
If we had a Petan or Dano I’d trade them for Jesse. Maybe Stanley, or a 5th rd draft pick. Even that would probably be an overpay.

GeorgeJETson

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Maybe, maybe not. But I wouldn't give up our best trade chips on such a gamble.

I think he'd make a good reclamation project. There's still upside to him, and playing with Laine plus having fellow Fins to talk to could do wonders.

That said, I wouldn't give up a lot. Hence why I find Hunter's trade proposal so intriguing.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

Or

I'm certainly in favor of trading Vesalainen for Jesse Puljujari --big time, as Vesa has shown nothing to me. Below average player IMO.

Trading a Roslovic who's getting better everytime out, and has great speed, and good shot-- for an unproven Jesse P would be foolish.

I'm also in favor as @10Ducky10 says, to try and make a deal with Anaheim, and bring Josh Manson to the Jets. We really need a guy like that on our blue line. We have a very small physically weak defense right now, and we'll keep losing until the problem is fixed.

If somehow we could have Manson and Buff on our blueline --you'd see the goals against go down significantly, and our wins start to go up. Love to see Chevy make this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad