Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
The Iconoclast said:
Okay, you weight it out.

A less than objective journalist (Hickey is a well known BS artist) in Montreal hears a rumor that includes a middling player from St. Louis hearing that the league will start up in two weeks. Now the player has been in Europe playing all winter. What are the odds that Hickey is going to be interviewing a marginal player from the St. Louis Blues who happens to be playing for Zlin ZPS, yet has been in contact with the Blues front office staff (why?), to get the information suggested? Do the math.

Hickey never said he interviewed the guy. I guess I wasn't clear enough. He was just reporting that this is what Cajanek has been saying.

Lanny MacDonald*

waffledave said:
Hickey never said he interviewed the guy. I guess I wasn't clear enough. He was just reporting that this is what Cajanek has been saying.

Ah okay, even better. Hickey is reporting third hand information that is unconfirmed and makes little sense. Again, what is the likelihood of any of this happening? Cajanek, a marginal player with the Blues, being in contact with the team front office getting inside information on the status of the teams plans while playing on a different continent, and somehow Hickey caught wind of it? Come on, I know we all want hockey to be played this season, but this is too much to consider as being a remotely good source of anything. Obviously a very slow day in Montreal and Hickey had nothing with a deadline approaching.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
PepNCheese said:
What in God's name are you talking about???

About the current system. Last year players netted what $1.3B dollars while owners netted a loss of $300M or so.

Players made money, owners lost it. Owners want a system where they don't lose money, players don't want a system which would guarantee that.

All parties are greedy but players more so, they have nothing to lose as they will keep making hundreds of millions of money no matter what kind of CBA they sign.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
The Iconoclast said:
Okay, you weight it out.

A less than objective journalist (Hickey is a well known BS artist) in Montreal hears a rumor that includes a middling player from St. Louis hearing that the league will start up in two weeks. Now the player has been in Europe playing all winter. What are the odds that Hickey is going to be interviewing a marginal player from the St. Louis Blues who happens to be playing for Zlin ZPS, yet has been in contact with the Blues front office staff (why?), to get the information suggested? Do the math.

i don't know. what were the odds that the boston redsox were going to beat the yankees in four straight games and go on to win the world series?

however, i would tend to agree with you. the scenario that's been presented is unlikley. such second hand info can't be relied upon...especially from someone who isn't reputable.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
go kim johnsson said:
And the players aren't losing money?

Who keeps putting words in my mouth and call me pro-PA?

I'm talking about the previous CBA, not this lockout.

And I call you pro-PA, it's just my observation about you and your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad