Rumor: Rumour and Proposals Thread: Time for Holland to get Kraken

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Odd idea.

If Vancouver is willing to flip Garland again, do you think they’d consider taking our 1st for Garland and Schmidt?

I might be really for off in value, just kinda thinking out loud.

Reactions: McVirginOil

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
How come the "he'll bounce back with fewer minutes and less responsibility" thing applies to Keith but not OEL who is almost a decade younger?
Who handles the responsibility in Vancouver?

For the record, with Larsson gone Keith's workload just got a lot heavier.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Keith makes 3 million less for 4 less seasons and didn't cost a 9th pick when they are already in cap hell.

If you think it's a shrewd acquisition that's fine, but that's a lottttt of money considering who they still need to pay (Garland included).

I'm not talking about the contracts or cap implications, but the on-ice performance.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Hyman is coming in at 5 million. That's solid. He is a definite top 6 winger who provides what we have been missing. He's what we hoped Yamamoto could end up being; the glimpse of him his rookie year.

Damn good player I watched every game of this year living in Toronto. Lots of room to add more, too.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Holland after talking Dubas down from a 2nd to a 4th

tenor.gif

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
schmidt is signed till 2025 ? aside from all the cap this and that they are all top 4 dmen in the league. Myers is harder to play against that ethan bear is

The rumour is Schmidt requested a trade. Maybe the Canucks don’t accommodate it.

If by harder you play against you mean that Myers takes up more space on the ice than Ethan Bear then yes, I agree

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
You can go with speculation and I’ll go with facts. Sounds good let’s leave it at that if it satisfies your need to find a way to give you somewhere to direct your feelings on Larsson choosing to sign in Seattle.
The facts you think are facts are speculation. Last reply, agree ti disagree.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Hyman is coming in at 5 million. That's solid. He is a definite top 6 winger who provides what we have been missing. He's what we hoped Yamamoto could end up being; the glimpse of him his rookie year.

Damn good player I watched every game of this year living in Toronto. Lots of room to add more, too.
The team is better with hyman, deeper, now we need another Winger and move Nuge to 3c, or a 3c, a dman and goalie. Hopefully a trase is in the works.

Reactions: Oilhawks

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
Keith is not really a high cost player though in actual dollars. Price is due a ton of money still for a long time, and has knee issues to boot.

but yeah I think Holland had a very good idea that Larsson was gone before he traded for Keith. He also knew Klefbom was done for good. I think he though better to have Keith at a crappy cap hit than Kris Russell as our second pair Dman. Not saying I like the deal he made. Just that is my guess (speculation) as to where his head was (assuming he was actually using it)

I agree about him having a good idea Larsson was probably gone. For all the grief he got from his lousy answers during his press conference for Keith, he couldn't really say anything since it didn't happen yet.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think our equivalent would be something like our 1st rounder and a Lavoie/Samorukov level prospect.

Which I would have done so fast it would have caused a time warp.
I probably wouldn’t have given up that. But I think a deal might’ve been there.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
The

team is better with hyman, deeper, now we need another Winger and move Nuge to 3c, or a 3c, a dman and goalie. Hopefully a trase is in the works.
You alright buddy? I know we're all down in the dumps but if you are this loaded already, shoot me a message. I'm sure I can give you some hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad