Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2020-21 Pt. VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Doesn’t require assets (aside from cap space) and could be a middle sixer that offers more pop than MDC.

At the very worst he’s worth a look and bolsters depth. If he pans out, it could open up trade possibilities.

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
If golyshev is as advertsised, he's an upgrade on 3LW anyways. I wanna see him play but he'll most likely get bridgeport time since he probably needs to adjust to NHL ice

Reactions: periferal

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I think we have to wait and see how much cap we offload onto Seattle, but I think everyone's gonna try to do that. Seattle will be a very expensive dumping ground and I think they'll do as good, if not better than Vegas.

Totally agree that Seattle's cap space could net them the kind of assets that could build a very good team in the long-term if they do it right.

That said in terms of the Isles the last thing you want to do is go into the offseason in such a bad cap situation that the other team(s) have all the leverage on you in trades. The Isles are already in a tough position even if they don't make any moves so I wouldn't take on any player who has a contract going past this season...Unless the Isles ship out contracts for next season as well.

Essentially any trade Lou makes involving players with 21-22 salaries he should give away more salary (cap hits) than is taken on.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Doesn’t require assets (aside from cap space) and could be a middle sixer that offers more pop than MDC.

At the very worst he’s worth a look and bolsters depth. If he pans out, it could open up trade possibilities.

If golyshev is as advertsised, he's an upgrade on 3LW anyways. I wanna see him play but he'll most likely get bridgeport time since he probably needs to adjust to NHL ice

I'd say these 2 posts sum up the Golyshev situation very nicely.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Just posted something similar in the Golyshev thread. I hope he's amenable to playing in BP for a while. If he's so good that he forces his way into the lineup, great. More likely, the dude will need to adjust to the ice....but also to living and playing in a new country. Its hard to be at your absolute best when you're playing against the best in the world and you don't even know how to find the shitter at the practice rink.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY

Seems like Lou is definitely going to make a trade to replace Lee to the best of his ability

Last edited:

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I have a feeling this board is about to be told how the Isles can’t trade picks and have no cap space...

Well now with Lee's 7M going on LTIR cap space is not an issue anymore, BUT ONLY FOR THE REST OF THIS SEASON.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Regarding Taylor Hall. Does Buffalo look to trade him sooner than later? They would save more money by getting the remaining amount of 8mil off the books. Or, do they try to maximize his return in assets by waiting and even eating some of his cap?

Isles are probably the best situated team to make a deal for Hall.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I echo others, hope this doesn't effect Lee's career moving forward. He relies on his lower body strength to work around that net.

I do not see Poile trading a core player in Forsberg. He should be a part of the solution. That said, if they go into a full rebuild, Beau, a 1st and a solid prospect would be fine. Work out next years financials, next year. I think his play style would mesh well with Barzal.

Rackel, Hall, and Palmieri would be secondary options for me. I do not believe Hall will cost as much as many think, he's scored two goals. 2nd, 4th and a prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad