Rumor: Rumors & Proposals XI | Friedman: "Nothing Imminent, But Likely Petry Dealt Next"

Status
Not open for further replies.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
No, what I am getting at is that if the Boston Bruins and Edmonton Oilers had a trade in place (a 4 for 1 for example) that would put Edmonton over the allowed contracts.

So, Boston waives Fraser, Edmonton claims, puts Pinnizotto(SP?) on waivers and someone claims him. Then, the 3 for 1 trade takes place.

Make sense?

This is all on the idea that Chiarelli in his discussions with Edmonton must have known MacTavish was going to claim him.

Boston has two Bruins injured. Boston has players who can clear waivers besides Fraser. This move makes sense if Boston needed to clear cap and Edmonton needed to shed a contract.

Edmonton wouldn't waive Pinnizotto without knowing the trade was going to take place.

Again, all speculation.

Probably not the smartest thing to have a trade resting on the chance that Pinner gets picked up on waivers. Which is why this is exactly what the plan is:sarcasm: ....:laugh:....

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
No, what I am getting at is that if the Boston Bruins and Edmonton Oilers had a trade in place (a 4 for 1 for example) that would put Edmonton over the allowed contracts.

So, Boston waives Fraser, Edmonton claims, puts Pinnizotto(SP?) on waivers and someone claims him. Then, the 3 for 1 trade takes place.

Make sense?

This is all on the idea that Chiarelli in his discussions with Edmonton must have known MacTavish was going to claim him.

Boston has two Bruins injured. Boston has players who can clear waivers besides Fraser. This move makes sense if Boston needed to clear cap and Edmonton needed to shed a contract.

Edmonton wouldn't waive Pinnizotto without knowing the trade was going to take place.

Again, all speculation.

I don't see how this makes sense. If ever a deal was to be made, Edmonton could just have put Pinnizotto on waivers and wait until somebody claims him or until he clears and then make a deal. I don't see much more to the situation that Boston didn't need Fraser and he's not been really good for them other than one game out of 20. They have some other players that deserve a shot and they sent Fraser packing because there we're no takers. Oilers wanted to claim Fraser and decided to put Pinnizotto on waivers after...

Besides, 4 vs 1 deal makes absolutely no sense. There is no way Boston trades 4 NHL players/contracts for 1 and I don't see why Edmonton would even want 4 players back against 1.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Paajarvi-Lander-Yakupov
Hall-RNH-Perron
Pouliot-Arcobello-Eberle
Hendricks-Gordon-Fraser

#firstlinecentreAntonLander
#freeYak
#freePaajarvi
#truegritcomesfromwithin

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Would rather have Paajarvi over Fraser. I would still put a claim in for Paajarvi and waive Gazdic. This is MPS' last shot, I think he will do whatever he can to stay in the NHL.

Last edited:

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Screw this, make an all epic team from the waiver line and trade scrapheap
Heatley-RNH-Yakupov
Hall-Lander-Perron
Paajarvi-Gordon-Eberle
Pouliot-Hendricks-Fraser

Marincin-Petry
Klefbom-Schultz
Hunt-Ference

Brodeur
Scrivens

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I don't see how this makes sense. If ever a deal was to be made, Edmonton could just have put Pinnizotto on waivers and wait until somebody claims him or until he clears and then make a deal. I don't see much more to the situation that Boston didn't need Fraser and he's not been really good for them other than one game out of 20. They have some other players that deserve a shot and they sent Fraser packing because there we're no takers. Oilers wanted to claim Fraser and decided to put Pinnizotto on waivers after...

Besides, 4 vs 1 deal makes absolutely no sense. There is no way Boston trades 4 NHL players/contracts for 1 and I don't see why Edmonton would even want 4 players back against 1.

If he cleared waivers, he doesn't come off the contract amount. He still counts. This only gets interesting if he is claimed off waivers (Edmonton knew someone would claim him). Do you see that happening?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Reilly Smith, Matt Bartowski, Malcolm Subban and Matt Fraser. That is an expendable package in Boston. Is that Jordan Eberle?

Rin

Mar 28, 2006
Northern Alberta
Dany Heatley

Apparently he has been waived - we should pick him up, because karma's a *****.

P.S. Sorry if this was already mentioned somewhere, I didn't see a new thread for it.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Ha., who cares., he should be in jail anyways. Maybe six rings who knows A thing or two about WINNING may finally resurface again?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
No. It's not. Not even close really.

Fair enough. RW to replace Eberle, upgrade on D and upgrade in G but you know your team better than I.

Smith (23): 8G 10A
Eberle (24): 6G 14A

Not going to get into the 'who is playing with who' and 'who gets much more PP time than who' because it is a wash in my mind. The addition of Malcolm Subban and Matt Bartowski make this a strong deal in my mind but 'not even close' shows a bias here I cannot get past.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
Fair enough. RW to replace Eberle, upgrade on D and upgrade in G but you know your team better than I.

Smith (23): 8G 10A

Not going to get into the 'who is playing with who' and 'who gets much more PP time than who' because it is a wash in my mind. The addition of Malcolm Subban and Matt Bartowski make this a strong deal in my mind but 'not even close' shows a bias here I cannot get past.

Fair enough

How bout Eberle for Lucic
Lucic (26): 6G 11A

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Fair enough

How bout Eberle for Lucic
Lucic (26): 6G 11A

It's close that's for sure. I'd say Lucic's physical play would have Edmonton adding slightly to the package.

I didn't have Eberle = Smith in any scenario. But I had Subban and Bartowski being more than enough of the difference between the two. And that is with me discussing with Edmonton Oilers fans their needs (D and G with a suitable replacement for Eberle coming in as well). 'Not even close' gave me a clear indication of: a) undervaluing other NHL talent/prospects b) Overvaluing Eberle/Oilers players.

Summary

Oct 13, 2009
Can we claim Dany Heatley? Does it require a gift basket this time? What about a trip to Interior BC from Gretzky and Lowe? Honestly don't care if he's a ****tastic shell of a player, can we claim him anyways? It's not as if he'll be suddenly detrimental to this record-breakingly bad season.

Also, can we claim Paajarvi? That would make that Perron trade look really sweet. Perron for a second? Ha! Ha! The Blues are like the only team to lose to us in the past decade. Sucks to be them! Hah!

And then can we claim Matt Hackett? See? Progress. We're fixing from the net out, look at us go!

Do I want us to make moves that make no sense for the remainder of the season? ... ... Yeah.

We're losing anyway so if we can mess with Heatley on the way that's a big bonus. Would at least be a nice change of pace from the non-moves that make no sense.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Pouliot/RNH/Paajarvi
Hall/Arcobello/Eberle
Perron/Gordon/Yakupov
Heatley/Draisaitl/Purcell

Winning

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
Time to get off your ass MacT.....start moving some wingers and crappy dmen for centres

OR Maybe time to give Hall a real extended look at center....he has developed into more of a playmaker then goal scoring winger

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Team should just say **** it and just claim all the waivers. "Nothing to lose" has a real meaning for this team, should just search for gems.

Hall - Nuge - Pakarinen
Perron - Roy - Eberle
PRV - Lander - Yak
Hend - Gordon - Arcobello
Fraser?

Klefbom - Petry
Marincin - Fayne
Ference - Nikitin
Schultz

Draisaitl to Jr!

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
It's close that's for sure. I'd say Lucic's physical play would have Edmonton adding slightly to the package.

I didn't have Eberle = Smith in any scenario. But I had Subban and Bartowski being more than enough of the difference between the two. And that is with me discussing with Edmonton Oilers fans their needs (D and G with a suitable replacement for Eberle coming in as well). 'Not even close' gave me a clear indication of: a) undervaluing other NHL talent/prospects b) Overvaluing Eberle/Oilers players.

Or perhaps 'Not even close' means you are ignoring past performance from the players and basing everything on numbers right now?

Do you really think no team could top that offer for Eberle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad