Rumor: Rumors & Proposals: What is Chia the Terrible going to pull out next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Bold prediction: The Oilers won't get Lucic but will get Demers

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Man people just want to dump on the oilers. It doesn't matter what the Oilers do, the media does nothing but pile on. I don't get how they can say "The Oilers have too many of the same type of player" and that we need to get "bigger and stronger up front" yet are so against the Lucic signing. Lucic would help rebuild the identity of this team, make us tougher to play against and help show what it takes to win.

The comparisons to clarkson are ridiculous. Lucic is only 28 and out up 55 points while sporting a +26. He is one of the most unique players in the NHL. He addresses a huge need and would be a huge signing.

Yep. MacKenzie is flat out hateful these days and it's probably not coincidental that he's also a league mouthpiece.

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
Untitled.jpg

Justin faulk... under 5 cap hit... "Poundcake" .....
STAUFFER!!!

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
The calm before the 'Taylor Hall has been traded' storm and some very vocal posters on Hfoil explode because it will be impossible to have success without him.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Man people just want to dump on the oilers. It doesn't matter what the Oilers do, the media does nothing but pile on. I don't get how they can say "The Oilers have too many of the same type of player" and that we need to get "bigger and stronger up front" yet are so against the Lucic signing. Lucic would help rebuild the identity of this team, make us tougher to play against and help show what it takes to win.

The comparisons to clarkson are ridiculous. Lucic is only 28 and out up 55 points while sporting a +26. He is one of the most unique players in the NHL. He addresses a huge need and would be a huge signing.

It sbeen deserved with prior management. Although with Chiarelli hes made a number of savy moves and whatever he does ill have faith

Whats funny is almost no of the leaks or rumors seem to start on Oilers end. I bet so many of these deals talked about are so off base

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
The calm before the 'Taylor Hall has been traded' storm and some very vocal posters on Hfoil explode because it will be impossible to have success without him.

Nah, the only person exploding will be Hall when he goes to a proper org with actual D and explodes for 95 points and some major trophy votes.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013

Will winning silence them? Or will all we hear is Hall/Ebs/RNH have more points on their new team than Lucic has with the Oilers throughout the year?

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
As far as the Hall rumour for Hamonic, Strome and the 2017 1st, does Strome play center or would he be projected to be a winger on the Oilers? Having a cheap right handed center for the 3rd line would be nice. (Obviously not at the expense at hall but just wondering).

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Looks like Hall is done.

As I said the other day (and no I don't have any sources this is purely speculation) it would not shock me if he approached Chiarelli and either asked for a trade or told Chiarelli he'd be okay with a fresh start.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I will likely be leading the charge.

Ill be right there with yeah. Ill put whatever reputation I have on the line that it causes this team to go down the drain (tehy are grasping the edge of drain now and some smart moves would lift them out of it)

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
As far as the Hall rumour for Hamonic, Strome and the 2017 1st, does Strome play center or would he be projected to be a winger on the Oilers? Having a cheap right handed center for the 3rd line would be nice. (Obviously not at the expense at hall but just wondering).

He only took 95 draws last year and was under 40%...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad