Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Shopping List For Forwards II

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Depending on who you talk to, he can play center.
Really?
So he is defensively solid...a legit 2nd line 25-30 goal scorer...kills penalties and he can play centre.
He also has term.
Wow.
I am liking this even more. :nod:

Reactions: McDoused

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

No surprises. Holland will be inquiring into everyone with a wide swath to understand the market prices. Through this stretch of games hockey ops will start to sift through to finalize priority needs and what they can accomplish with their trade collateral. Personally, I will be shocked if they blew the 1st round pick on a one-and-done UFA player. Inquire about Guentzel but move on with the sticker shock.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I've always wanted to see it happen immediately following the game and have them join the new team on the plane.

Has a player ever been traded to the other team mid game? Probably not given that you have to be on the starting roster.
I seem to recall that this might have happened in the Sather days. Just cant remember the details.

EDIT: @brentashton found the deal. Weight for Tikkanen. Thats a massive deal...cant beleive I forgot that...lol

Last edited:

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Depending on who you talk to, he can play center.

I've always wanted to see it happen immediately following the game and have them join the new team on the plane.

Has a player ever been traded to the other team mid game? Probably not given that you have to be on the starting roster.
Doug Weight went from NYR to Oilers for Esa Tikkanen midday of a game day between the two teams. Closest I can think of.

Reactions: McDoused

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
No surprises. Holland will be inquiring into everyone with a wide swath to understand the market prices. Through this stretch of games hockey ops will start to sift through to finalize priority needs and what they can accomplish with their trade collateral. Personally, I will be shocked if they blew the 1st round pick on a one-and-done UFA player. Inquire about Guentzel but move on with the sticker shock.
Holland usually targets players with some term. Waiting also gives the team a little more cap space.
IIRC...if the Oilers wait until Dealine day to make a trade they will have $2.3M in cap space.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Holland usually targets players with some term. Waiting also gives the team a little more cap space.
IIRC...if the Oilers wait until Dealine day to make a trade they will have $2.3M in cap space.
Other than Ekholm, haven’t all of Hollands deadline acquisitions been for guys who needed new contracts at seasons end?

Bjugstad
Kulak
Brassard
Kulikov
Ennis
Athanasiou
Greene

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Last year we got Ekholm, the year before it was Kane. I would be surprised if Holland didn't bring in at least one big name.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
This board could have gotten us a Cup with the assets we had available.

I will say, Chia could at least draft. Biffing on Broberg and Holloway and having damned near nothing to show for five years of drafting is hurting us big time. I like Akey though. Season ending shoulder surgery, kid was born to be an Oiler

2ne97r.jpg

Puljujarvi over Tkachuk and Sergachev

OK-ed taking Griffin Reinhart instead of picking any one of Barzal, Kyle Connor, Erikson-Ek, Boeser, Chabot

Tyler Benson over Alex DeBrincat, who we knew had chemistry with McDavid.

Kailer Yamamoto over Jake Oettenger

Holland sucks just as bad pretty much, both of these guys were draft frauds. Holland got carried hard by Detroit's Euro scouting that was in place before he ever got there, Chiarelli was carried by Jeff Gorton who drafted Marchand, Lucic, etc.

Our drafting has been ass. Basically Bouchard is the only real impact level player in like 8 years worth of a mountain of picks.

I remember seeing people say that Bill Zito was overrated because Florida didn't have a great regular season last year and they thought he paid too much for Tkachuk.

I firmly believe we'd have a cup if we'd hired him when we had the chance.

Yeah that would have been a good hire. But Katz had to let Nicholson hire his washed up friends.

Reactions: Duke74 and McDoused

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Kind of surprised we haven’t seen at least one trade this week
I'm not. The insane parity that we're seeing particularly in the wild card race in both conferences is casting a lot of doubt among many teams whether or not to sell. The buyers are pretty clear, there's a clear top 6 in each conference. In terms of sellers? It's literally one team in the east in Columbus and 4 in the west in Arizona, Chicago, Anaheim and San Jose. Kind of crazy that the entire league is heavily in the playoff race outside of 5 teams in, now, early March but that's where we are.

Hopefully a lot of this is fleshed out in the next week and a half but time is running out and it's starting to appear that it's going to be a harsh market for buyers because there's a ton of demand but precious little supply. The fly in the ointment is Calgary and, to a lesser extent, St. Louis, Nashville, Washington, Pittsburgh and Philly. All teams with a lot of pieces that buyers want but teams that are currently in or close to a playoff spot.
The one thing we know for almost certain is that Hanifin will be moved but maybe Calgary, lol, thinks they have a shot at a Cup run so they keep him then lose him for nothing in the summer. Wouldn't that be nice?
In any event, there's tons of uncertainty out there so I expect the bulk of the deals to occur late next week.

• Haha
Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad