Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Shopping List For Forwards II

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It doesn't have to hits, it's not the 90s. Just being big, heavy, fast and skilled, it's hard to keep dealing with that, on the cycle, on the rush, on the forecheck.

Over a series, through the playoffs, those guys can pay dividends.

I agree, the Sharks should do this.

So, with no LTIR, it is to the Oilers advantage (mostly) to wait as late as possible to fit the most players in, basically. Trust me, I want to something to happen, but I understand why the wait is on going.
I will wait until the TDL passes to cast judgment but going on the road against Vegas during the playoffs just... doesn't seem great.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I will wait until the TDL passes to cast judgment but going on the road against Vegas during the playoffs just... doesn't seem great.
Sure, I'm trying not to doom and gloom this, because that shit largely sucks and this team isn't awful.

They have a very high level to their game, but it's definitely a put up or shut up for Holland and Co.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Everyone thinks it’s the Flames holding up trades leading up to the deadline, but it’s really Old Man Holland who’s putting massive offers on everybody out there, but can’t pull the trigger until he maximizes cap accrual. 🤔

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Sure, I'm trying not to doom and gloom this, because that shit largely sucks and this team isn't awful.

They have a very high level to their game, but it's definitely a put up or shut up for Holland and Co.
The bolded is so very true but the question for me....does this team have the desire and mental toughness to maintain a high enough level to win more than a round in the playoffs?
Perry helps that IMO. The team needs more though.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The bolded is so very true but the question for me....does this team have the desire and mental toughness to maintain a high enough level to win more than a round in the playoffs?
I mean that's the question right, it's literally impossible to know, but at least they've shown it. So I'll take it as a positive until otherwise. Take that for what it's worth.

Though I will continue to point out this team needs help, and as is doesn't give enough confidence.

Everyone thinks it’s the Flames holding up trades leading up to the deadline, but it’s really Old Man Holland who’s putting massive offers on everybody out there, but can’t pull the trigger until he maximizes cap accrual. 🤔
Them, and the teams that "still" think they're close. Something will break soon-ish I suspect, or we'll have one hell of a deadline.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Play Campbell ten NHL games in a row. Skinner will get plenty of rest.
and cost us out playoff spot? Against all odd the Flames a winning. We are just 2 pts up on the KIngs. So it would not be hard to fall back into the wild card spot

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I mean that's the question right, it's literally impossible to know, but at least they've shown it. So I'll take it as a positive until otherwise. Take that for what it's worth.

Though I will continue to point out this team needs help, and as is doesn't give enough confidence.

Them, and the teams that "still" think they're close. Something will break soon-ish I suspect, or we'll have one hell of a deadline.
I think we're getting close to that point. The East playoff teams are all but decided and we can do a lot to hurt the Blues chances with a win tonight.

Leave Buchnevich when you leave, lads, thanks much

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Starting a new thread. No political discussion.
Sorry.

There are a lot of interesting names.

Regardless of what some might think, the Oilers have a lot of assets to improve in a very material ways. I really hope/expect to accomplish this (to some degree)

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
So wrong to call that issue political but I will leave it alone.
Unfortunately, by terms of the site rules, that’s what it is. Those types of discussions do not lead to anything but flaming, trolling, and hurt feelings, which is why we don’t allow them in general.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Do you guys think with teams needing goalies we could actually get rid of Campbell?
So I think teams who might be willing to "eat him/try him" those prices "might" come down as the deadline approaches.

Because getting assets for a player who you might be able to use, isn't terrible.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Jimmi said that teams will drop out of it pretty soon.

I said the East was all but decided and we can really hurt the Blues chances with a win tonight, then asked them very nicely to leave Buchnevich here when they leave
Florida is one of the teams that worry me (about taking players) because they have alot of cap space and they're in this spot where going all in makes sense, because they might see a bit of exodus in free agency.

I wonder if they flip Knight for Mittelstadt (some sort of deal like that I mean)

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Flyers: Campbell

Habs: Ristolainen

Oilers: Anderson

Add minor picks/prospects but those would be the main pieces.

If the Habs are shopping Savard that might actually make sense for them. At least Anderson provides something to the Oilers instead of dead cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad