Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | No Provorov talk… no, seriously (post 939)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Where does PJ wind up and when does he go? Curious if his press box time is related to a pending trade.

Kostin is every bit what JP was supposed to be (except Kostin brings toughness) so I don't know honk JP is getting in the lineup any time soon.

Here's a thought...say JP wants to return to Finland. They mutually terminate the contract, does his caphit stay on the books? If not,aybe that's the way to go.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I’m thinking if Bouchard, Broberg and Desharnhais continue to improve before the TDL, the trade might be Barrie, and continuing to play 7 D. Broberg can play either side.

Barrie’s been our most consistent D through games 1-35 but the entire D corps has settled with the recent changes and Barrie might be the trade chip?
Part of the reason Barrie has appeared to be the most consistent D through games 1-35, is that he's the only one being played in his proper slot. Every other D seems to be playing a slot or two too high.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Not a popular take, but I'm gonna miss JP. Didn't think I would after he went back to Finland, but I appreciate him and his story. Bison King is an easy player to root for, after all that. He's not playing well enough to earn his money nor spot. Don't think we'd be complaining half as much if he earned 1.25 mill, but thems the breaks.

Who am I kidding, of course we'd complain

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Kostin is every bit what JP was supposed to be (except Kostin brings toughness) so I don't know honk JP is getting in the lineup any time soon.

Here's a thought...say JP wants to return to Finland. They mutually terminate the contract, does his caphit stay on the books? If not,aybe that's the way to go.

If he’s mutually terminated the contract is gone but I don’t see PJ walking from the roughly 1.5M that would be owed to him still.

Last edited:

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
If he’s mutually terminated for the purposes of termination the contract is gone but I don’t see PJ walking from the roughly 1.5M that would be owed to him still.
He likely won't...just his "maybe the NHL isn't for me" comment has me thinking he would be happier back home.

I guess we'll find out on the coming days. I still don't think there's much interest, if there is, press boxing him isn't going to up his value. So if something is brewing, there's likely a deal or two with accepted minimums, now it's just trying to get the better deal.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
He likely won't...just his "maybe the NHL isn't for me" comment has me thinking he would be happier back home.

I guess we'll find out on the coming days. I still don't think there's much interest, if there is, press boxing him isn't going to up his value. So if something is brewing, there's likely a deal or two with accepted minimums,boys just trying to get the better deal.
I think the healthy scratch has to be for a pending deal. He has played poorly at times but he has definitely not been the worst on the team.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I think the healthy scratch has to be for a pending deal. He has played poorly at times but he has definitely not been the worst on the team.
Puljujarvi had the lowest TOI on the team the last game he played. The only winger he was better than is on LTIR :)

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
Thanks for that. Wondering if that’s just Marchand taking the piss.

I agree Marchand is probably just playing around. I am pretty sure Sweeney doesn't run trades by Marchand before making them. But I'm not "in the room" so no guarantees. :)

Weren't there rumours that Hall was a dick to Puljujarvi when they played together here?

Maybe that's what Marchand was playing at. Would be interesting to see them on the same line.

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
I agree Marchand is probably just playing around. I am pretty sure Sweeney doesn't run trades by Marchand before making them. But I'm not "in the room" so no guarantees. :)

Weren't there rumours that Hall was a dick to Puljujarvi when they played together here?

Maybe that's what Marchand was playing at. Would be interesting to see them on the same line.

If there were, don't believe them. They never played together. Hall was traded days after Puljujarvi was drafted.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If there were, don't believe them. They never played together. Hall was traded days after.

Yeah, people might be confusing Puljujarvi with Paajarvi maybe? But it always seemed like Paajarvi and Hall/Eberle got along well, Paajarvi just couldn't finish and was soft on top of that.

Hall was traded as part of the "well we have Puljujarvi, so we have too many wingers anyway because we're gonna sign Lucic too" logic.

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007

He does not want to return to Finland.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
If there were, don't believe them. They never played together. Hall was traded days after.

You are correct. As big a jerk as Hall may have been when he played for the Oilers, I'm not sure that Hall and Puljujarvi would have interacted much in the five days between Jesse getting drafted and Taylor getting traded.

My bad for being a dumbass. :help:

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
Nope, they did not play together. But another Finn who used to play for Edmonton recently said Hall did have a "frat boy mentality", whatever that means.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Not a popular take, but I'm gonna miss JP. Didn't think I would after he went back to Finland, but I appreciate him and his story. Bison King is an easy player to root for, after all that. He's not playing well enough to earn his money nor spot. Don't think we'd be complaining half as much if he earned 1.25 mill, but thems the breaks.

Who am I kidding, of course we'd complain
I know there is a player in there. But there is three major things.

1. Its harder to score in NHL than any other league, he seems to be chocked about how hard it is, and how good of a sense it takes to know where to shot.

2. He also has somewhat nerves still, and I think it is about he practice he does missing some fundamentals, like shooting, passreciving in speed, puckcontrol in major. Major flaws still. Why hasnt he addressed that?

3. If things just dont work out, you still can be a contributing player, using your knowledge to play defense. He has some skill to read the play, but seems he cant accept being a defensive first player.

edit: He started to show it some games ago, maybe he "got the messeage".

Marchands tweet is also somewhat trolling. One would think he reads this boards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaptah

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
After last night call Arizona and play the price.

To Ari: Kulak, Puljujarvi, Shore, Bourgault, 2023 & 2025 1sts

To Edm: Chychrun, Bjugstad(50% retained) and EDM 2024 3rd.

Then the Blueline looks like

Nurse - Ceci
Chychrun - Barrie
Broberg - Bouchard
- Desharnais

Edit: If the team still wants a depth veteran, there are plenty of options

Holden - Ott
Hagg, Maatta - Det
Johnson, Tinordi - Chi
Braun - Phi
Staal - Fla

etc.

Last edited:

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Provorov will cost so much less than Chychrun now it really doesn't make sense to trade for Chrychrun. He's also much more durable than Chychrun

Reactions: SwedishFire

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I hate "fans" like this.

Why?

Hall was loyal to the Oil. He begged em not to trade em. You and I aren’t any truer blue n copper than he is. Why not root for him?

Jake Debrusk wanted to come here To play for us. Pulju has been putting in an honest effort, I don’t see any reason to root against him - maybe to pity his situation a little though.

Are YOU loyal to the oil, or some carpetbagger flash in the pan executive like Chiarelli?

Its not like Boston is in our division. If it comes down to it in the finals nobody here is going to be rooting for anybody but the Oilers. But the Bruins have been better managed than we have, thats a fact. We can hope and pray we have a shot this year but they are gunning for the presidents trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad