Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: Movie Poster Edition V- "Mr. Holland's Opus"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
7cpfm7.jpg

Bonus game: There are five mystery photos added into the collage.:D

Anyways, let's see if he pulls anything off before the Leafs game.

I say he doesn't do it.

OILFAN FOREVER

Feb 26, 2021
I honestly can't wait for Friday at 3 EST to come. I'm just tired of playing the waiting game. Whatever happens between now and then happens and we can't control it. I just want to see what does so we don't have to play the guessing game.

Ekholm would be a great add for this team on defense. Once Kane comes back and adding someone like Ekholm would go a long way. JP and Yamo can be fired into the sun.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Is it true that Holland said Kane is gonna be our deadline acquisition two deadlines in a row?

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
Article today from the Sharks main writer

“But at the end of the day,” Grier added yesterday, “if someone wants him bad enough, as they say, ‘Where there’s a will, there’s a way’.”

Karlsson, who’s been through the Trade Deadline wringer before in his last year with the Ottawa Senators in 2017-18, doesn’t appear to be concerned about that unlikelihood.

“[My family and I] enjoy it here,” he said. “I’ve had a lot of fun this year, and I’m gonna continue to have that. The other things that you can’t control, you can’t do much about.”

Things could change this summer though, if Karlsson can continue his resurgent campaign to the end.

“I think [a trade] would be easier to do, where you can kind of get your ducks in a row and figure out how to make the money work,” Grier conceded. “It’s probably easier in the off-season.”

Is it true that Holland said Kane is gonna be our deadline acquisition two deadlines in a row?
When asked about top 6 acquisitions

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This happened to activate Kostin lol

No. Twitter idiots said it out of context. He said it in our forward group. Then he mentioned acquiring a solid Dman and a defensive forward.
Even in context it’s dumb. The forward group needs help too.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
At the end of the day I’m sure Holland will try, let’s hope it’s a smart move and not throwing assets away for guys who are bad enough that Woodcroft will play less than Pulju.

Reactions: Oil53

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
If Holland somehow manage to pull off Ekholm to Oilers, Ekholm better be a great leader, theirs a lot of heads and spine that needs to be straighten up, focused and corrected.

Ekholm has the good defensive system since Nashville with disciplined players, he wont get that support here, so he better bring that atmosphere here.... quite the task.

Barrie is a vocal leader in the room, so I think it would benefit if he stayed.

Bouchard can be tradebait.

Pulju + Yamamoto + Bouchard + 2023 1st + 2024 2nd + 2025 3rd for Ekholm?

Reactions: InTheBox

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
If Holland somehow manage to pull off Ekholm to Oilers, Ekholm better be a great leader, theirs a lot of heads and spine that needs to be straighten up, focused and corrected.

Ekholm has the good defensive system since Nashville with disciplined players, he wont get that support here, so he better bring that atmosphere here.... quite the task.

Barrie is a vocal leader in the room, so I think it would benefit if he stayed.

Bouchard can be tradebait.

Pulju + Yamamoto + Bouchard + 2023 1st + 2024 2nd + 2025 3rd for Ekholm?
We shouldnt be trading away young and cheap RHD who is still helping us now for an LHD. Literally pick anyone else in the minors to give away for Ekholm.

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
Holland always plays his cards close to his chest, so I probably won't panic until 1-2 hours before the deadline.
He's also been known to make some decent early-season moves like Kane last year and Kostin/Desharnais this year.
That said though, with the west being wide open this year, it's time to make a move. I hope it's Ekholm and someone like Henrique

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad