Rumor: Rumors and Proposals: With gravitational waves detected, can the Oilers find some D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Defense! Defense! Defense! Defense! Defense! :cry:

From the last thread:

Well when you put it that way, if I am the SJ GM please remind me why I should give up my #1 dman for that mess? Surely another team could beat that offer....

Keith Yandle, Chris Summers, 4th rounder for John Moore, Duclair, 2nd and a conditional 1st

That's a comparable for a Burns trade.

Oilers needs PP QB and have soured on Schultz.
LA has been scratching Ehrhoff and are clearly done with him but still require a Dman..

Schultz might be of interest and be useful sheltered behind Doughty.
Nikitin is a coke machine that they like to collect.

could be a win-win situation for both sides.

Sekera has played with Ehrhoff in BUF so could still be a decent pairing.
Probably does nothing for Drai but him being a German could be a positive factor.

Burns, Dump, 4th for Justin Schultz, Reinhart, 2nd, Conditional 1st

Until the team started winning. Look at it this way- The only player on our roster right now that leaves is Eberle. What kind of difference would it make to replace Burns with Eberle for the Oilers?

The other trade was speculating 1st overall for Hanzal and Duclair. How much difference would those two make while not losing a roster player?

Are you saying that if the Oilers added Burns, Hanzal, and Duclair to the roster while only losing Eberle, prospects and picks they would not improve?

If its not a top 3 pick trading Ebs+GR+1st isnt a massive overpay for a player like Burns.

value wise Burns is on the same tier is Hall... A difference maker..

Considering McLellan connection, team need, experience playing with Hall\Ebs and Burns would be the ideal fit in EDM.

Time to take some risks and improve this club..

People need to keep contract status in mind when people think of trades. Contract status is HUGE in trades.

I would love Burns but history has shown you don't give that much for guys with a year left on a contract.

I think you missed his point entirely...

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I think they may have looked at Ehrhoff in other circumstances, but with the # of contracts and close to the trade deadline, I'm sure Chiarelli wanted some flexibility.

This season is already lost anyway, we won't see anything substantive. Some minor tinkering with Schultz/Fayne/Gryba and maybe Purcell, but nothing beyond that.

Gonna be yet another boring trade deadline, yet I'm sure I'll be glued to TSN regardless. :laugh:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think they may have looked at Ehrhoff in other circumstances, but with the # of contracts and close to the trade deadline, I'm sure Chiarelli wanted some flexibility.

This season is already lost anyway, we won't see anything substantive. Some minor tinkering with Schultz/Fayne/Gryba and maybe Purcell, but nothing beyond that.

Gonna be yet another boring trade deadline, yet I'm sure I'll be glued to TSN regardless. :laugh:

I suspect a trade might happen for him because of contracts, but even then who knows.

Usually once a guy is going on waivers no one wants the guy or won't take him without a contract going back.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I've developed a new ranking system 1-5 for subsequent proposals.

BNL5-garbage
BNL4-contrarianisms
BNL3-wild conjecture
BNL2-oddities
BNL1-dreams had

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Still nothing on Schultz?

Damn it Lavoie!!

Didn't Gregor say the night before they were benching Schultz or the morning of? Lavoie just didn't pay attention. Like I said and Kassian said on Gregor's show, you don't scratch a guy in the morning and then think it's automatic trade. Now if it was during warmups or the 2nd intermission(cammi) then you have something.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Somebody should get Nanook a ticket for a seat right in front of Chiarelli's suite so he stands in front of him all game alternating the "D" and "fence" signs all night.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Lol Stauffer and Spector acknowledging HFboards on their show.

LOL I heard that too. Guy calls in and says, "I'm not going to throw some HF boards trade at you, but what about Subban? I hear Therien hates him." Funny stuff.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Pretty insane how quickly these trade threads gets to 1000 posts. Last one only took 2 days wtf.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Assuming I'm post 21, there are already 8 posts mentioning or quoting Schultz/Jultz, so about one third is all referencing getting rid of him

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Justin Schultz.

Since his arrival, Oilers record is 93-139-35.

They've only won 35% of their games.

Please. Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad