Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Yamamoto Signed, Sceviour on a PTO, Anything Else or All Done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
apocalypse-now-mud.gif

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I truly think Foegele ends up as our best winger this year.
If he has the best chemistry with McDavid, he definitely has a shot at it. I'd say the odds of that are better than one would think. It's hard to predict who gels with McDavid

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
Not that I mind too much, but pretty much means they're moving on from Chiasson?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I really liked Sceviour... about 2-3 years ago. Don't really hate it though. It's just a PTO after all.

I'm a little surprised that they haven't extended a PTO to a Dman, a righty in particular. I know that Russell can switch to the right but one injury to their top 3 RHD and there's literally no right shots in the system to replace them.

Last edited:

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
the last thread was so distracted by stupid covid stuff that we missed all the Scevior rumors that the NHL insiders were hinting at over the last few days. Seriously guys, notorious crap disturber Draivsatl was the voice of reason in the last thread.

Maybe we should all try to be better

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I really liked Sceviour... about 2-3 years ago. Don't really hate it though. It's just a PTO after all.

I'm a little surprised that they haven't extended a PTO to a Dman, a righty in particular. I know that Russell can switch to the left but one injury to their top 3 RHD and there's literally no right shots in the system to replace them.

I wonder if it's more to do with him being a local guy (he's from Red Deer).

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
the last thread was so distracted by stupid covid stuff that we missed all the Scevior rumors that the NHL insiders were hinting at over the last few days. Seriously guys, notorious crap disturber Draivsatl was the voice of reason in the last thread.

Thank you, I think....;)

I've noticed Colton before in games. Seems to fit the hirings this season. Another guy that can play an intensity flies on rice game. We've got a lot of those players now who can converge on pucks. An ingredient we were lacking in at times in recent years.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Thank you, I think....;)

I've noticed Colton before in games. Seems to fit the hirings this season. Another guy that can play an intensity flies on rice game. We've got a lot of those players now who can converge on pucks. An ingredient we were lacking in at times in recent years.
Seems like the team is going to be much harder to play against. Definitely a solid change of direction even if we might still lack a true finisher or two.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I'm a little surprised that they haven't extended a PTO to a Dman, a righty in particular. I know that Russell can switch to the right but one injury to their top 3 RHD and there's literally no right shots in the system to replace them.
Literally only 3 guys that played any significant time left. Demers, Gustafsson and Vatanen.

Those guys might not be willing quite yet to go the PTO route. Wouldn't even waste time on Gustafsson to be honest

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Thank you, I think....;)

Maybe I'm being presumptuous but the Oilers look to resemble more of what you like to see in a team this season?

I think they're going to be a lot tougher to play against. Let's hope there is some truth to the Spector rumours about looking to swap out Koskinen still

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

I never really understood why this board even bothers to moderate quasi-political topics. Just let them go. Like it's the end of the world when one side of the discussion ultimately gets butthurt. You end up seeing the global mods partaking in similar discussions elsewhere.

Like it or not, the COVID debate is going to be an ongoing theme throughout the regular season. It's also resulting in a number of staff members losing their positions due to personal decisions.

Like it's any different having posters at each other's throats about the trade value of an obscure prospect or underperforming player. Odds are you're probably reprimanding the same posters regardless of the topic.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Literally only 3 guys that played any significant time left. Demers, Gustafsson and Vatanen.

Those guys might not be willing quite yet to go the PTO route. Wouldn't even waste time on Gustafsson to be honest

I'd like to see Demers as he is the best of the 3 at actually defending. They have enough firepower that Vatanen and Gustafsson are redundant (and they're both quite flawed one note Offensive D)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad