Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: "Wrong Side of Heaven, Righteous Side of (Salary Cap) Hell"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
We are:
26 days from teams submitting protected lists (July 17)
30 days from the expansion draft (July 21)
32 days from the entry draft (July 23)
37 days from UFA beginning ( July 28)

Last thread is over 1,000 posts.

Oilers latest:
Holland has $30 million with Nuge's name on it. Terms on how the $30 million is divided up may be the hold up.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
Could Holland have written compensation if Lucic indeed does waive his nmd and Calgary moves him?

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Could Holland have written compensation if Lucic indeed does waive his nmd and Calgary moves him?

No, I think we owe Calgary a 5th or something if he does or does not waive though :sarcasm:

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Nope would have had to be in the original deal. Which if you could recall Calgary wasn’t going to do unless Lucic agreed then to waive for expansion.

There was a zero chance of Lucic getting picked in expansion before this season, but Lucic got a tonne of playing time on an awful team this year.

Now with that said I’d be willing to bet there is still a maybe 10% chance Seattle takes Lucic outright, with like a 50% chance if Calgary adds a high pick or prospect/roster player.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Why isn't Klefbom exempt?? The NHL is screwing us over yet again???
Where has Klefbom, or the Oilers for that matter, come out and said yet that Klefbom can’t possibly be playing to start next season or next season at all. Whereas most/all of those players have major long term injury’s or issues and have essentially already retired.

Ferland has played 16 games in the past 2 seasons.

Holland has said all along that they don’t know, all depends on his recovery, and also if Klefbom chooses to essentially retire.

If that decision hasn’t been made by expansion I would be willing to bet the Oilers just leave him exposed, telling Seattle essentially they don’t ever think he plays again. If Seattle takes him at that point it’s likely they are taking a gamble on if Klefbom ever returns, which I would be shocked to see them do.

Last edited:

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Most of those seem like guys that haven’t played in a while, aside from Ferland. If he’s back next season that’s kind of bullshit

Thinking the same. If Ferland is on there, Klef should be too. Not sure who would be at fault on that. Might have been up to the org to sell that Klef might not be back. As we know, our team just loves to not take advantage of situations, we love being on the crap end of everything except the draft lottery.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Thinking the same. If Ferland is on there, Klef should be too. Not sure who would be at fault on that. Might have been up to the org to sell that Klef might not be back. As we know, our team just loves to not take advantage of situations, we love being on the crap end of everything except the draft lottery.

Ferland has played 16 games in the past 2 seasons, just trying to live a normal life again now without concussion issues. He’s retired IMO, there is no one who has said after he left the bubble that likely this isn’t it. He just won’t actually retire cause of his contract.

The Oilers still have optimism Klefbom may be alright come October. After missing only 1 season.

I could see where the NHL differentiates those situations

Reactions: Pointteen

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I have no idea where this idea that Klefbom would be exempt from expansion came from but it was a ridiculous one from the get go. The players who were exempt from Vegas have played a combined 0 games in the NHL since. It’s for guys who are legitimately done with their career, and Klefbom wants to and will play in the NHL again.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Apparently Tkachuk is on his way out of Calgary.

Say wut now, wat now?

For broken Eichel? Please let it be. :laugh:

Actually, I'd love it if it was the Blues. It'd be like the Hull fleecing all over again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad