Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Which Single Position Do You Try to Fill Via Trade?

Which Position Would You Trade For Help?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Honestly, at this point, I would call Buffalo and try to make a trade to free up cap space.

To BUF: Kassian, Barrie, 4K, Turris, 2023 1st, 2024 2nd and Savoie.

To EDM: Okposo (50% retained), Hinostrozsa, Hagg and Pysyk.

I'm on board to give up nearly everything push this team upward. This would improve the depth and open up key cap space, so they could further improve.

Sorry, no, I'm not seeing it at all. Giving up a 1st, a 2nd, and one of our best prospects just to get a bunch of replacement level junk and a bit of cap space is really bad asset management.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Apart from a goalie, shutdown LD and a real 3C / or top 6 winger to push RNH down, I would consider flipping Barrie for a heavier and bigger defenseman.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Doesn’t the waiver wire order get set each month or something? I don’t remember how that works. Maybe Tampa was ahead before that

There is definitely a lag, I'm almost certain that waiver priority isn't based on live standings.

Wouldn't be surprised if we are still 28th or 29th in the waiver priority order.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
just figure out a Kassian for DeBrusk trade and run McD, Drai and RNH down the middle.. RNH gets PP and PK time already, his minutes wont suffer..There is an internal solution to the bottom six but Tippett dont want to

McD-Hyman
Drai-Pulj
RNH-Yamo

Find a place to put Foegle,Debrusk, McCleod,

Reactions: Faelko

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
just figure out a Kassian for DeBrusk trade and run McD, Drai and RNH down the middle.. RNH gets PP and PK time already, his minutes wont suffer..There is an internal solution to the bottom six but Tippett dont want to

McD-Hyman
Drai-Pulj
RNH-Yamo

Find a place to put Foegle,Debrusk, McCleod,

Problem is I'm not sure a RNH-Yamo duo doesn't still get their dicks kicked in.

After more thought I think that the problem ultimately is that there are a lot of cerebral "think the game" type players on the Oilers and not a lot of "head down, play north south, play with energy" type players, especially high in the lineup. This lends itself to the slow starts and a tendency to be put checked below the hash marks in both zones. Hyman and Yamamoto (sometimes) are the only players in the top 6 that bring this element at all, which I don't think is good enough. Jesse started the year playing this way, but has slowly reverted to more perimeter play.

When the Oilers are getting caved to start games I see plenty of players on the other team with legs moving and playing in straight lines. On the Oilers I usually see a bunch of guys that are trying to corral the puck and make controlled plays with it when it isn't there either because they didn't win a battle in the first place or don't have time to make a controlled play. The message needs to be that they just need to focus on getting it out and in on the first few shifts so the game can settle in before they can start making plays.

Against Vegas (I think, but can't remember for sure) earlier in the year we had a dreadful first few shifts then immediately took a penalty. Then we promptly killed it off and were in the game going forward. I remember thinking that the game would have turned out differently had they not took that penalty, and not in a good way. Jumping on the PK allowed them to settle down and simplify for a few minutes before the game settled down. Need more of that mentality to start.

Reactions: bellagiobob

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
Apart from a goalie, shutdown LD and a real 3C / or top 6 winger to push RNH down, I would consider flipping Barrie for a heavier and bigger defenseman.

What would you guys be willing to give for Petry without retention.
Let’s also said that there is an agreement to pick Klefbom in the off season as a salary dump.

samiam

Oct 4, 2010
What would you guys be willing to give for Petry without retention.
Let’s also said that there is an agreement to pick Klefbom in the off season as a salary dump.

I don't think Klef will ever have to be considered a "Salary dump", as he will never count against our cap so to speak, as long as he is on LTIR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad