Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Which Single Position Do You Try to Fill Via Trade?

Which Position Would You Trade For Help?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Hindsight proposal:

Keith+Foegele+1st+Barrie
For
C.Jones+Bear+Chiarot

Nurse-Bouchard
Chiarot-Bear
Russell-Ceci
Broberg
Jones

Basically had Holland not made the Keith and Bear trades and walked away from Barrie. Chiarot for 1st+Jones perhaps

We would have a better squad and 7M extra cap space.
Chiarot could technically still be acquired so with that in mind:
Nurse-Bouchard
Chiarot-Ceci
Keith-Barrie

Reactions: nabob

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
So what the latest prognosis on Smith?

I do find it somewhat odd that really nothing is said about the injury (or injuries)... it's basically been 2 months so that's not just a minor tweak... it must be something fairly substantial.

I basically am treating any games from Smith as a bonus. He could play the rest of the season when he comes back... or he could be out again after a week... this is the issue you are going to deal with when you have a player pushing towards 40 and who is developing a history of injury issues.

Reactions: Whyme

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Why do people want to separate RNH & Leon? That's a dominant duo at 5 on 5, over the past 3 seasons Draisaitl's 5 on 5 GF% is improved 9.4% when playing with RNH compared to playing without (54.8 to 64.2) and RNH's GF% is improved by 20 % (44.19 to 64.2). We should all know who RNH is at this point he is a high end support player to elite talent & a special teams guy, you staple him to boat anchors and he'll sink at no point in his career has he been put on a dysfunctional line and single handedly fixed it.

For context Leon's GF% with Connor is 56.8 so as a duo him and RNH actually perform better together, as you would expect Drai and McDavid have a higher GF per 60, but also a higher GA per 60.

That sample is incredibly skewed by 20 games of DRY.

There's basically nothing in the numbers that indicate RNH has made Draisaitl better over the past two seasons since.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Why? Kassian is a contract dump for another 2 years, and Anderson is a 25-goal guy who can and will fight anyone in the league and is signed for another 5 years at a cap that is probably going to be lower than Pulju's after this summer.
I would think about it. Depends what puljujarvi wants to re up. Plus the dude is a fan fav

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
If they want to fix the bottom six, just pair up the top players instead of cramming them onto 2 lines. Put Nuge at C, give him someone like Puljujarvi. Leave Hyman with McDavid and Yams with Draisaitl…those are their best 6 offensive players. Mix and match them as you like.
Not sure Nuge is a centre any more but it is worth a try . Foegele also played RW before .

Hyman McD Kassian
Perlini Draisatl Yamamoto . Got Perlini here as he is a shooter . He done very little on the bottom 6 . If he going to carve out a NHL career it has to be top 6
Foegele RNH Puljujarvi

A puck hound on every ....RNH gets two to help him out

Shoot Turris to the moon and bottom 3 run

Archibald Ryan McLeod . 2 C for FO . Another puck hound in Arch . Ryan and McLeod are good defensively

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Not sure Nuge is a centre any more but it is worth a try . Foegele also played RW before .

Hyman McD Kassian
Perlini Draisatl Yamamoto . Got Perlini here as he is a shooter . He done very little on the bottom 6 . If he going to carve out a NHL career it has to be top 6
Foegele RNH Puljujarvi

A puck hound on every ....RNH gets two to help him out

Shoot Turris to the moon and bottom 3 run

Archibald Ryan McLeod . 2 C for FO . Another puck hound in Arch . Ryan and McLeod are good defensively
Please no. That’s incredibly cruel to saddle Draisaitl with. You give him Yamamoto who puts up less than 2 of our third liners and Perlini?

“Hey Draisaitl, you are a great player, how about we give you absolutely nothing to work with while the opposition sends what they can to shut you down”

If you wanna run 3 lines go

Hyman - McDavid - Yamamoto
McLeod - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi
Foegele - Nuge - Kassian
Benson - Shore - Sceviour

you spread out bad/lesser players to one per line and you aren’t trying to get McDavid or Drai to drag 2 corpses along each. One is more than enough

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Please no. That’s incredibly cruel to saddle Draisaitl with. You give him Yamamoto who puts up less than 2 of our third liners and Perlini?

“Hey Draisaitl, you are a great player, how about we give you absolutely nothing to work with while the opposition sends what they can to shut you down”

If you wanna run 3 lines go

Hyman - McDavid - Yamamoto
McLeod - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi
Foegele - Nuge - Kassian
Benson - Shore - Sceviour

you spread out bad/lesser players to one per line and you aren’t trying to get McDavid or Drai to drag 2 corpses along each. One is more than enough

You don't know how Perlini would work in the top 6 . The guy can flat out shoot . Draisaitl feeding him he may get going . Worth a shot as he doing nothing playing bottom 6 .

Reactions: Yuke

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
You don't know how Perlini would work in the top 6 . The guy can flat out shoot . Draisaitl feeding him he may get going . Worth a shot as he doing nothing playing bottom 6 .
Which is why he is on waivers.

There is more to playing than just shooting. Perlini is awful defensively as well. Putting him Perlini who can literally only shoot and Yamamoto who does absolutely nothing right now is a sure fire way to turn the 2nd line into a line that doesn’t score and just gets scored on.

I am okay with shaking up the lines but putting 2 bad players on a top 6 line is terrible

Reactions: Drivesaitl

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
What's the next move with Perlini on waivers?

Does this mean they are going to carry 8 dmen and 13 forwards going forward?

That makes sense to me actually because every game the Oilers should be using 11 forwards and 7 dmen because they don't use their 4th line forwards enough anyway (and what they have isn't really good enough anyway).

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

That makes sense to me actually because every game the Oilers should be using 11 forwards and 7 dmen because they don't use their 4th line forwards enough anyway (and what they have isn't really good enough anyway).
Probably not. Next move is sending down one of Lagesson, Niemelainen or Broberg when Koekkoek or Keith are back

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

They'd need to waive one more guy(please be Turris!) to run with 13 forwards since Shore is replacing Perlini.

I'd guess Lagesson goes down when a D returns and they run with 14F/7D still.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
That dressing 7 D idea would be interesting.

I wouldn't mind seeing Niemelainen get the odd shift at wing to blow someone up on the forecheck.

I'd love it actually because there's really no need to have three 7 minute forwards doing nothing on the bottom line and the 7 dmen could spread their minutes around and be used in certain situations more easily... PK... PP etc.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
That dressing 7 D idea would be interesting.

I wouldn't mind seeing Niemelainen get the odd shift at wing to blow someone up on the forecheck.

I'd even run Bouchard on RW with McD occasionally. Bouchard is very smart and I think he'd get up into the play and give and go with McD with the best of them on this team.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

There is more to playing than just shooting. Perlini is awful defensively as well. Putting him Perlini who can literally only shoot and Yamamoto who does absolutely nothing right now is a sure fire way to turn the 2nd line into a line that doesn’t score and just gets scored on.

I am okay with shaking up the lines but putting 2 bad players on a top 6 line is terrible

Draisaitl is good defensively and so is Yama . As bad as you say Yama is he probably will score 15 to 20 goals while being a puck hound and good in the D zone . Fans expecting more from a 20th + over all picks need to lower their expectations .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

Well he on waivers so it doesn't matter , It was either get rid of him or try him in the top 6 . No point in having him take up cap if he isn't useful and he was bad in the bottom 6 . I don't mind being wrong altho I am not totally wrong as I mention top 6 or bust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad