Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Trade Deadline Thread 2.0, Trade Deadline 4/12 3PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Alright. It just comes down to whether the Oilers are better with a $3.8M player (Rakell) and a bought out Neal or with Neal and if it’s worth sacrificing space in years three and four.

In general I’m opposed to multi-year buyouts if the guy can play at all. Didn’t like the Pouliot buyout at the time or the Sekera buyout. But I can see the logic on Neal.

Or package a first that may turn out in 4 years to gain the full 5.5 million in cap space now and in the next few years when McDavid and Drai are in their primes.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
In about 7 minutes we’ll see if Turris clears. Dominos might start to fall after that

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I think the flat cap and Covid logistics are really going to limit the amount of transactions we see come trade deadline day. Expecting record lows this Monday

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I think RNH is getting dealt. I know some of you think he's hurt, but makes too much sense to trade him for another UFA who wants to re-sign here if he's not willing.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I think RNH is getting dealt. I know some of you think he's hurt, but makes too much sense to trade him for another UFA who wants to re-sign here if he's not willing.

Only you out of all people would think that in regards to RNH right away
tenor.gif

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'd love to see Holland make a Nemeth-esque move and then use Jones to upgrade at forward.

Pick up a Murray, Oleksiak, Staal, Reilly, Merrill, etc. that has some experience against top competition to play with Larsson and then swap Jones for someone like Kevin Stenlund(24 year old, 6'4'' 210lb right-handed C) in Columbus.

Fills two pretty big holes(#2LD and #3C) for fairly cheap assuming the defenseman goes for around what Nemeth cost.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

For those thinking long term would agree if we get a good return. Those thinking we are all set for deep playoff run will disagree

Bcsw721

Nov 17, 2015
Can we get Oleksiak from Dallas to play 2nd pairing or he's more a 3rd pairing guy?

Also he make less than R.Murray

Last edited:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Or package a first that may turn out in 4 years to gain the full 5.5 million in cap space now and in the next few years when McDavid and Drai are in their primes.

You don’t know how long a prospect will take to develop. 2nd picks have been known to jump right into the NHL . Heck by all accounts Holloway is ready to make the jump .

Last edited:

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
If anything, Gusev is that right shot one would ideally want to play in RNH's spot on the PP. The Russians played him in that spot over Ovechkin at a recent World Championships; puzzling choice aside it shows that Gusev can generate offense from that role.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Is Gusev good? If we got him would that be our move I'd think but it would feel like the Kahun signing. Something is there but it's a huge gamble. Fair?

I'm still on board with Hoffman.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
If Gusev wants to produce and get another contract this is a great place for him. I doubt the Oilers are interested, but they should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad