Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | The Infinity Glove Hand, Snap Your Fingers and the Puck Still Goes In

Status
Not open for further replies.

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
I wouldn't blame mcdavid at all if he left after this contract, especially if we have zero playoff success, but I'm not sure it happens. I think playing in Edmonton has grown on him, I remember this interview with Gretzky he praises the fan supports and Gretz tells him how good it is to win there.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Can someone tell me what the Flames are actually doing? lol.

It's a tough one to be honest. Before he was dealt there was talk of Chicago just giving him up in expansion as he was wanting something like 5mil a year and not short term either.

If that truly was the case I don't mind this deal. It's not like they gave a lot for him anyway in trade

I also feel due to his size he's one of the most overrated d-men out there.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It's a tough one to be honest. Before he was dealt there was talk of Chicago just giving him up in expansion as he was wanting something like 5mil a year and not short term either.

If that truly was the case I don't mind this deal. It's not like they gave a lot for him anyway in trade

I just feel like they’re spinning their wheels with their moves. Not complaining however.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020

He made a name for himself in the playoffs against the Flames knocking a bunch of them on their asses during the 2018-19 season. He hasn't done much since. He is Erik Gudbranson at this point.

Reactions: joestevens29

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
There’s a lot of mental gymnastics being played by Flames fans about this. (Considering they’ve seemingly dropped fans like flies the last season they must be down to the hardcore contingent so it makes sense)

Just how is $3.75M for Zadorov a good deal? I could agree that if they got 2-3 years term it might be decent for a guy that was traded because he wanted $5M but they walked him to UFA on what should be his max value (IMO). If he has a good year (lol), then he likely walks.

Sure it wasn’t much of an asset paid for him but it’s kind of a waste of time for both parties.

Is Noahbody Hanafin going to be their 1D?

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
That potential Zadorov - Andersson is going to be annoying to go up against for sure. Especially with Tkachuk running around

if the flames didnt have markstrom i would say they are going to get crippled in this division.

Their team is the definition of MID, mid teir D, mid teir forwards, mid superstars they will be medicore forever

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
There’s a lot of mental gymnastics being played by Flames fans about this. (Considering they’ve seemingly dropped fans like flies the last season they must be down to the hardcore contingent so it makes sense)

Just how is $3.75M for Zadorov a good deal? I could agree that if they got 2-3 years term it might be decent for a guy that was traded because he wanted $5M but they walked him to UFA on what should be his max value (IMO). If he has a good year (lol), then he likely walks.

Sure it wasn’t much of an asset paid for him but it’s kind of a waste of time for both parties.

Is Noahbody Hanafin going to be their 1D?

They think Hanifin is underrated somehow.

Almost every time I watch him he f***ing sucks. If he takes the hard matchups he will be killed. Tanev is being touted as their #1D man (non-ironically, they believe this is a good thing), and he is one injury away from them having essentially no players on their back end that can play anything resembling competent defense.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
That potential Zadorov - Andersson is going to be annoying to go up against for sure. Especially with Tkachuk running around

The good news is Zadorov, Anderson and Tkachuk can be pyloned pretty easily. Just don’t play into their bullshit and you’re good (looking at you, Kassian)

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
The good news is Zadorov, Anderson and Tkachuk can be pyloned pretty easily. Just don’t play into their bullshit and you’re good (looking at you, Kassian)

They are going to be the most boring team in history to watch. Outside of Gaudreau they really don't have anyone with speed anywhere in the lineup. It is just rangy size, which is ideal for the "brilliant" Sutter system of a fundamentalist 1995 Devils version of the trap, but not for actual winning or much else. If they're lucky they will break even doing this, but not much more.

The team sitting in the neutral zone waiving their sticks looking for a turnover to break the other way is about all they will have the capability of doing.

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Yes I know but as I said it is a series of progressive steps to get there. Becoming a perennial contender is the next step and with the team being built out you can see it is trending in that direction.

Nah I'm saying that it's not a series of steps. They need to take a significant leap forward now.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
They think Hanifin is underrated somehow.

Almost every time I watch him he f***ing sucks. If he takes the hard matchups he will be killed. Tanev is being touted as their #1D man (non-ironically, they believe this is a good thing), and he is one injury away from them having essentially no players on their back end that can play anything resembling competent defense.

Yeah reading some of the stuff in praise of Hanafin is pretty crazy. I mean, I shit on the guy all of the time, maybe he looks worse against us (though he’s had a goal or two playing us of course) but nothing screams high end defender to me. Maybe it’s when he plays other teams?? Not any games that I’ve seen. Tanev is easily their best D and that’s scary all things considered.

This is their D depth chart (with where I think the player should slot on a good team)

Hanafin (4) - Tanev (3)
Zadorov (5) - Andersson (4)
Valimaki (6) - Welinski (10)
Kyllington (7) - Mackey (10)

Checked the non roster to see if they had any “stud D” coming up and none of those names jump out (though I’m sure their fanbase will hype the shit out of them as “next ones”)

They basically have a 2nd pair for their top pair, a 2/3 tweener and a 3rd pair.

If Tanev or Hanafin go down they’re toast

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

I like him as a 3rd pairing D but he’s not worth 3.75, let alone 5 million.

DynamiteKid

Aug 12, 2005
Stony Plain
Seem to think that losing Gio is no problem, which is hilarious.

Morons.

I dunno, if I've learning nothing else this last month is that old defensemen are terrible. (he's only 3 months younger than Keith and makes more money). Maybe the Flames got rid of him at the right time.... :sarcasm:

Reactions: Oilhawks

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Yeah reading some of the stuff in praise of Hanafin is pretty crazy. I mean, I shit on the guy all of the time, maybe he looks worse against us (though he’s had a goal or two playing us of course) but nothing screams high end defender to me. Maybe it’s when he plays other teams?? Not any games that I’ve seen. Tanev is easily their best D and that’s scary all things considered.

This is their D depth chart (with where I think the player should slot on a good team)

Hanafin (4) - Tanev (3)
Zadorov (5) - Andersson (4)
Valimaki (6) - Welinski (10)
Kyllington (7) - Mackey (10)

Checked the non roster to see if they had any “stud D” coming up and none of those names jump out (though I’m sure their fanbase will hype the shit out of them as “next ones”)

They basically have a 2nd pair for their top pair, a 2/3 tweener and a 3rd pair.

If Tanev or Hanafin go down they’re toast

They think Valimaki is going to take a step, but I think he is going to get murdered if he steps into a bigger role with tougher matchups.

He flat out sucked last year. Was paired with Nesterov who was maybe the worst d man in the NHL last year so there is a bit of an excuse there, but he has done all of zero to justify assuming he will perform in a bigger role. Especially if he’s paired with the Kylington’s of the world (who also sucks badly).

Amazingly, I have seen several posts from them still contending that they have a top 3 defense in the division. At this point they are almost brainwashed into saying that they have one of “the best D’s” no matter who is on the roster.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
They think Valimaki is going to take a step, but I think he is going to get murdered if he steps into a bigger role with tougher matchups.

He flat out sucked last year. Was paired with Nesterov who was maybe the worst d man in the NHL last year so there is a bit of an excuse there, but he has done all of zero to justify assuming he will perform in a bigger role. Especially if he’s paired with the Kylington’s of the world (who also sucks badly).

Amazingly, I have seen several posts from them still contending that they have a top 3 defense in the division. At this point they are almost brainwashed into saying that they have one of “the best D’s” no matter who is on the roster.
The thing I routinely saw with him in games last year, Valimaki just loses all the physical battles.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I just feel like they’re spinning their wheels with their moves. Not complaining however.
According to Flames fans on the mains everything will come together when Eichel goes to Calgary. Then they're legit contenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad