Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Puljujarvi didn't ask for another trade
Report: Jesse Puljujarvi has not asked for a trade from the Edmonton Oilers

being open to a trade is completely different then asking for a trade.

It just means that Puljujarvi is content in being an Oiler but if he was traded, there would be no hard feelings against the club.
I think it's a much more mature approach compared to what happened when he was struggling several years ago (development issues because of management at the time) and asked for a trade.
Not to discount the trade rumors around him now but it's important to reiterate that he didn't ask out. Saying that he did again is disingenuous.
People who say this obviously sacrifice goats and their first borns in the name of Mark Spector and the Holy Edmonton Media Congress.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Why don't they just use RNH and McLeod as the 3C?
Because RNH is probably the fourth most effective offensive forward the team has on its roster. And Ryan McLeod likely pisses no drops offensively at even strength. I also question his ability to match-up against other team's third lines with regularity. I think he's still a tad bit raw.

There may be times that RNH moves to center, but it'll likely be on the 2nd line when they choose to activate McDrai. Move him down to the third line and things start looking a bit lean.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Because RNH is probably the fourth most effective offensive forward the team has on its roster. And Ryan McLeod likely pisses no drops offensively at even strength. I also question his ability to match-up against other team's third lines with regularity. I think he's still a tad bit raw.

There may be times that RNH moves to center, but it'll likely be on the 2nd line when they choose to activate McDrai. Move him down to the third line and things start looking a bit lean.

lol McLeod's played one season and apparently wont get better

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Puljujarvi didn't ask for another trade
Report: Jesse Puljujarvi has not asked for a trade from the Edmonton Oilers

being open to a trade is completely different then asking for a trade.

It just means that Puljujarvi is content in being an Oiler but if he was traded, there would be no hard feelings against the club.
I think it's a much more mature approach compared to what happened when he was struggling several years ago (development issues because of management at the time) and asked for a trade.
Not to discount the trade rumors around him now but it's important to reiterate that he didn't ask out. Saying that he did again is disingenuous.
I'm pretty sure lots of us know this though. We know both sides have a mutual understanding and would be fine if they parted ways. No one ever has said he requested a trade. Zach Laing never knows anything though

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Talk about misconstruing the situation.

Jesse demanded top-6 playing time, not a trade. Holland doesn't want to gift playing time to a player who completely fell off during the postseason and whom the core players don't especially like playing with.

This is the impetus for a trade, not a trade demand.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Looking longer term, when we're adding depth at this point, our priority is finding effective minute eaters. Guys that can take the load off of the top end of our roster.

Guys like RNH and Hyman are multi-positional, multi-faceted skaters that the coach leans on in any situation. These are the types of forwards we need more of.

Those two are more of a premium due to their ability to produce offense. Bit those types of players don't always have to do that.

Nick Paul, Barclay Goodrow, Adam Lowry... @Cloned knows of another forward I'll be pushing for them to acquire later this season.

Big bodied guys who are just hard to play against. Those are the kinds of guys you want playing with your bluechip prospects.

lol McLeod's played one season and apparently wont get better
How did you get that out of me calling him raw?

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Talk about misconstruing the situation.

Jesse demanded top-6 playing time, not a trade. Holland doesn't want to gift playing time to a player who completely fell off during the postseason and whom the core players don't especially like playing with.

This is the impetus for a trade, not a trade demand.

Is there a link, showing he is demanding a top 6 role?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Looking longer term, when we're adding depth at this point, our priority is finding effective minute eaters. Guys that can take the load off of the top end of our roster.

Guys like RNH and Hyman are multi-positional, multi-faceted skaters that the coach leans on in any situation. These are the types of forwards we need more of.

Those two are more of a premium due to their ability to produce offense. Bit those types of players don't always have to do that.

Nick Paul, Barclay Goodrow, Adam Lowry... @Cloned knows of another forward I'll be pushing for them to acquire later this season.

Big bodied guys who are just hard to play against. Those are the kinds of guys you want playing with your bluechip prospects.

How did you get that out of me calling him raw?
lol, who is it this time? You certainly have your faves. ;)

Reactions: oilers'72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad