Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Kubalik, MA Fleury, Debrusk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I believe there have been 14 goalies selected in the 4th since 2000.

3 have become stars (Vasi, Price, MAF)

3 are up and coming (Samsonov, Knight, Askarov)

5 have been backups or spot starters on less than stellar teams (Oettinger, Campbell, Bernier, Montoya, Lehtonnen)

3 are busts (Pickard, DiPiettro, Leclaire)

I'm not sure it's as safe as you make it sound.

Think you're underselling a few of the names here.

DiPietro wasn't a bust. He had a career-ending injury when he was barely 27 years old.

Samsonov's more than just 'up-and-coming', he's the starting goalie on the #1 team in the Metro.

Kari Lehtonen was way more than a backup/spot starter. He was a good starting goalie for like a decade. Do you not remember him? Noticed you spelled his name wrong and wasn't sure if you actually know who he was. He had above a .910 SV% for 8 years in a row.

Campbell's shown to have panned out and Oettinger is starting to show to. Goalie timelines are known to take longer than skaters. And I think we'd all be shocked if Knight doesn't.

I see 8 of 14 goalies that panned out in to starters, that's >50%. Anyone know the overall success rate of 1st rounder players?

Last edited:

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Holland should also try to pick up that Liam Kork brittish guy, who scored a ton in WC. I think he jas NHL talent. Good bottom 6 scorer.

Holland, hear me?

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Noooo. There are good players and there are average players. Success while playing with McDavid depends on the player as pertaining to their natural abilities coming to the forefront when placed in particular settings, surroundings and circumstance. Seems pretty straight forward when stated that way. I could offer up 101 analogies to crystallize this concept but for the time being I'm going to assume it's unnecessary.

Hyman is an average player in the NHL. He does some things well. Other things, that have to do with skilled plays, like hands and natural offensive ability, he isn't very good at and has never been very notable at these aspects of the game.

Hyman was known as a dogged worker that never gave up on the puck. Tough on the forecheck, a player that would drive to the slot and the front of the net fearlessly. I'm not witnessing very much of that.

FAs is always foing to be oveehyped wjen they sign, cause of excitmwnt, and some sort of stigma as raising to a star. Hyman has bringed good value, and has been what he was in toronto as well. Hes good.
Stpp trashing. This is a though league, youe own players cant dominate every game, every shift.

You just remember the pre cap NHL .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad