Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | How Many More Moves Does Holland Have Up His Sleeve?

How Many More Moves Does Holland Make?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
The team is really deep if Derek Ryan is our 4th line center. As of now, even with Yamamoto, the team is another first round exit candidate.

And of course an established third line center that can help us win in the playoffs is going to make more than 2 million dollars. I don't believe the center upgrade is going to come from within this year... Holloway is years away from becoming a established third line center, if ever, and McLeod is a 13th forward in my eyes, with a long way to go to prove he is a 4th line center. Benson is a rookie that hasn't proven anything at the NHL level. Not that I refuse to give him a shot but It's a long shot at best. He's fighting it out with the likes of McLeod and Perlini. Depth but not really solid depth.

We could use the third line center upgrade over a goaltender upgrade. As stated before, wait and see how the goaltending rodeo, for the entire league plays out.

Perhaps you didn't get my point: if even one of our young guys works out as a top-nine LW, we would have RNH at 3C (best 3C in the league) and Ryan at 4C (arguably best 4C in the league)... and that team is not a first round exit candidate.

If we are trading Yama, the only thing we can afford is a $2M replacement, since that is how much cap space we have anyway. And a $2M 3C doesn't move the needle.

I think this lineup:

Hyman McD Pulju
Foegele Drai Yama
[rookie] RNH Kassian
Shore Ryan Archibald

[rookie]: Holloway, McLeod, Benson, Lavoie, Savoie,
Extras: Turris, Perlini

Is way better than what you are suggesting:

Hyman McD Pulju
RNH Drai Kassian
[rookie] [$2M 3C] Archibald
Shore Ryan Turris?