Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | How Many More Moves Does Holland Have Up His Sleeve?

How Many More Moves Does Holland Make?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
My opinion is he'll sign Yamamoto to around $2M and that'll be it for the big roster.

Maybe a veteran or two will get a camp invite to push for some of the bottom of the roster spots. I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't happen though. It's already pretty crowded for those final few spots.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Would be nice to invite Eric Staal, Gudbranson, Palmieri, and Vatanen to camp. See if any of those could be direct competition with positions all over the roster.

trick91

Jun 7, 2012
Forwards are set. Defence is pretty much set unless we invite a RHD to camp. Hoping we somehow get rid of Koskinen but I dont see it happening.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
I'd love to add Gudbranson on the cheap and have him start practicing as a winger. I wonder if we'll have a taxi squad again this season?
If there was a Taxi squad he'd be ideal. I actually think in sheltered minutes he could help a team. Playing him as a RW in an interesting idea and for this team he could actually be an option on D for the PK still. A utility enforcer if you will.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If there was a Taxi squad he'd be ideal. I actually think in sheltered minutes he could help a team. Playing him as a RW in an interesting idea and for this team he could actually be an option on D for the PK still. A utility enforcer if you will.

He would be a cheap replacement if Kass gets hurt or traded and he could slide into the 3RD spot as well if there are injuries on the blueline. I would definitely try to sign him on a cheaper 1-2 year deal.

Reactions: NotAVacuumSalesman

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

How much of Klefboms LTIR money do we have left to spend. If we get him for say 2 mill a year. Even when we deduct a couple of contracts. We would be balls to the wall against the cap.

My guess is the oilers will try to move Turris. The Foegele trade is in his spot.

There is a chance a team would take Koskinen at 50% closer to the start of the season.

We need more breathing space vs the cap.

Build a 23 man roster with Yamamoto @2mill a year and have say 2 mill left in space

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
How much of Klefboms LTIR money do we have left to spend. If we get him for say 2 mill a year. Even when we deduct a couple of contracts. We would be balls to the wall against the cap.

My guess is the oilers will try to move Turris. The Foegele trade is in his spot.

There is a chance a team would take Koskinen at 50% closer to the start of the season.

Build a 23 man roster with Yamamoto @2mill a year and have say 2 mill left in space

You don’t need to start the season with 23 players. They’ll send down 2-3 players before the opening game to be cap compliant without using Klefboms LTIR. Then they can activate it and call those players back up.

Reactions: TB12

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
You don’t need to start the season with 23 players. They’ll send down 2-3 players before the opening game to be cap compliant without using Klefboms LTIR. Then they can activate it and call those players back up.

Do we go with 21. We have 3 games in 4 nights and are out east and 3 players go down. And help from Bako can not come?

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016

Holland could sign Yamamoto for 1.75 AAV and for the start of the season could send down Bouchard, McLeod, Turris, Koskinen and Russell to get under the cap. That would put us at 21 contracts with $98,532 in cap space. Then put Klefbom on LTIR.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
It’s just a paper transaction. Teams do it all the time. Send down Bouchard, Turris, Koskinen then call them up the next day. They wouldn’t even miss a game.
Isn't Bouchard subject to waivers now? Can't risk sending him down if that's the case because he gets claimed immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad