Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Can Anyone That Can Win Faceoffs Please Contact Chia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
LeBrun said he'd cost around 5-6.5m on a multi year deal.

If multi-year means 2 then count me in. With Eberle and hopefully Pouliot gone, Hendricks, Ference and Fayne gone and Korpikoski's buyout off the books I think we'd be fine affording it on the 2nd year of the deal even if McDavid makes 10 and Draisaitl 7. Would be worth it for 2 years until Puljujarvi's ready and could be enough to push for a cup.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
If multi-year means 2 then count me in. With Eberle and hopefully Pouliot gone, Hendricks, Ference and Fayne gone and Korpikoski's buyout off the books I think we'd be fine affording it on the 2nd year of the deal even if McDavid makes 10 and Draisaitl 7. Would be worth it for 2 years until Puljujarvi's ready and could be enough to push for a cup.

Agree.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You don't wave a wand at Eberle and he disappears. Unless you eat salary he isn't going anywhere.

The only way you get rid of him is if Vegas takes him and if Kovalchuk signs elsewhere (which he likely will), you just gave him up for nothing.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Faceoffs are completely overrated. The difference between the best faceoff team in the league and the worst (just so happens to be the Ducks and Oilers) is 4 faceoffs per game. Sure, the Oilers should try to improve from dead last, but I bet at most it costs a team one win over the course of the season.

Now, for the playoffs, they definitely should be bringing in a faceoff guy at the deadline. But for an entire season, not that important.

Glass Eyes

Jan 2, 2017
He wants more than one year so he clearly wants to stay. No idea why people rip on him so much. He wanted to play at home for a few years, who cares? He'd improve the Oilers a bunch, that's all that matters.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
You don't wave a wand at Eberle and he disappears. Unless you eat salary he isn't going anywhere.

The only way you get rid of him is if Vegas takes him and if Kovalchuk signs elsewhere (which he likely will), you just gave him up for nothing.

Eberle is still valuable to a rebuilding team.

Kovy and a PMD will put the Oilers over the top. Think about it for a sec

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'd sign Kovalchuk in a second. Dude would be the perfect winger for McDavid, and he plays a pretty tough game too.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Eberle is still valuable to a rebuilding team.

Kovy and a PMD will put the Oilers over the top. Think about it for a sec

Is he though? He's not Jagr. He's not a seasoned vet. If you can get rid of him, then do it. But he's not going to turn into Kovalchuk.

If a rebuilding team wants a good scorer why not just go after Kovalchuk?

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Is he though? He's not Jagr. He's not a seasoned vet. If you can get rid of him, then do it. But he's not going to turn into Kovalchuk.

If a rebuilding team wants a good scorer why not just go after Kovalchuk?

Kovy is better than Jagr when he returned to the NHL.

He wants to play for a contender or a big market team

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
We need to quit lying to ourselves. If we could turn a Eberle into a Kovy, we'd be laughing to the moon and back

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Kovey is in an individual and not team player

we are trying to get away from those players

He can be whatever kind of player he wants to be if he buries those 50 gimmes a season that McDavid puts on a platter only to have his teammates whiff. Kovy is also a much better player than Jagr today I guarantee it. He's as big as Jagr and still skates very well and has one of the best shots we've seen in the last decade.

You guys are entitled to your opinion on him, but I would take him in a heartbeat. Offer up Eberle + a pick in 2018 + low end prospect and lets get this guy on Connor McDavid's wing.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Kovalchuk is a 34 year old LW(read: not right) that hasn't played in the NHL for I think 4 seasons now. He also comes with an asset price attached and apparently wants a multi year deal. Maybe it's just me but I'm not really that interested, and Kovy was one of my favorites when he was younger.

His numbers do look like they've remained pretty strong though FWIW.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Well we're not a big market and I hesitate to say we're a contender so...

NYR it is.

Or LA. Yuck.

Are you from Edmonton? We are a big market city.

I'm sure Kovy is smart enough to know that once he signs with the Oilers, we could become a powerhouse

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Within 1 game of the WCF and our key players on forward and D are 20, 21, 23, 24 and we're not a contender? You're hard to please.

When I say contender I mean like the Caps, Hawks, Pens, et al. We're good but we're not quite there yet.

Are you from Edmonton? We are a big market city.

I'm sure Kovy is smart enough to know that once he signs with the Oilers, we could become a powerhouse

I'm from Calgary and I don't consider here a big market either. As far as Canada goes, yes. As far as the NHL goes? Not even close. There's a number of teams that are bigger markets just in the USA alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad