Rumor: Rumors and Proposals: 4 Days Until Armageddon (UFA). Lucic+Demers Day Out in Edm

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJTopper

Registered Creeper
Jul 11, 2002
Visit site
I would love to see Lucic in an Oilers jersey come Friday. Maroon on the other hand is probably 100% against the idea. :laugh:

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I imagine he's just talking about the Pietrangelo thing, which was deleted.

Who knows, but if Hall's going, that's the type of player I think needs to somehow come back.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Signing Lucic does not make Hall expendable regardless of what the rumors are flying around.

It makes trading Hall easier to swallow. LW is the easiest position the NHL to fill. D is very difficult, but Hall can probably land us one heck of a dman.

As I stated before, if we get creative by moving other bodies around and address the 3C position, you can also play Drai and Nuge on the same line and let them rotate wing/C. Both are left shots.

Lucic-McDavid-Eberle
RNH-Draisatil-Puljujarvi

You still have Maroon and Poo on the left side, as well as Cagguila fighting for a spot (some feel he could be NHL ready)

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I would love to see Lucic in an Oilers jersey come Friday. Maroon on the other hand is probably 100% against the idea. :laugh:

Nah, I think Maroon would be thrilled. This means that he can play where needed and not feel the pressure of being a Top 6 guy. I also feel this will want to movtivate him even more to improve his skating and be in physical top form come September.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
The lack of team speed concerns me too even with Pulju in the fold but if you have a McDavid-Pulju duo, you don't need a speedster on the other side. Lucic is a perfect fit on a skilled line like that. Balance is the key and the Oilers forward group is still unbalanced.

It would be a good line no doubt.

I guess I just like Hall and Pouliot. I feel Pouliot is by far the most under-appreciated player on our team. Signing Lucic to replace one of them doesn't do a whole lot for me.

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
The biggest question, if the Oilers ever dealt with their D issues (I know, big if), would the HF Boards Trade Forum collapse within itself like a vacuum?

Titsuple

Jun 23, 2009
edmonton
Put me in the sign Lucic & Demers camp. Then trade Hall + pick for a Pietrangelo type. I paid clode attention to Hamonic and Demers in the play offs and adding Demers would be huge!

Lucic - McDavid - Poolparty
Maroon - Nuge - Eberle
Pouliot - Draisaitl - Pakarinen/Yakupov
Hendricks - Letestu - Kassian
Lander/Korpikowski

Klefbom - Pietrangelo
Sekera - Demers
Nurse - Davidson
Gryba

Talbot
Johnson

Hello Playoffs!!

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Ryan Rishaug ‏@TSNRyanRishaug · 37s38 seconds ago

IF Oilers were to land Lucic, would think a Hall deal becomes much more likely. Can't have 17.5m tied up in 4LW'ers.

Doesn't everything seem to line up for a Hall Shattenkirk deal. Maybe i'm reading into it but that's how things kinda seem.

I should state that I think we get fleeced with Hall going for Shatty

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
How is it overpaying when that's the going rate on the open market?

You literally pay more than any one else on the market is willing to. Its literally overpaying to "win" their service. UFA's basically never live up to their contract.

You can't win in the NHL if you have 2-3 D men making 5 million + and none of them are top pairing D men.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

Pouliot for a defenseman? not really. Moving Pouliot for picks/prospects/forward? Yes he can be dealt. I don't think he will be THAT difficult to deal. Don't know what Rishaug is thinking. If Hall is indeed being traded, it better be for Pietrangelo or someone of the same ilk.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
This is the summer that will define Chiarelli as the GM of this hockey team.

He has tons to work with, especially if guys want to sign here. If he can make the most of it, we could be a very good team this season.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
if Hall goes, it better not be something around Hamonic...that would be idiotic

it NEEDS to be around Lindholm, Pietrangelo, Subban...a LEGIT #1 d-man...not a #3 and scraps

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
That's crazy money and term for a 2nd/3rd pairing D man. Absolutely brutal.

We already have an over paid D man for 5 years. We don't need another. We need Top Pairing D men, and don't have the cap space to sign Demers.

Demers seems like he's a slightly small, but better all-around version of Travis Hamonic, and he's a UFA. If you could get him for $5M per for 6 years, that would be just fine.

I would prefer 4 or 5 years, but 6 isn't unreasonable.

He's 28 and, to my understanding, doesn't play a physically taxing game, he might be able sustain a decent level of play for longer.

JJTopper

Registered Creeper
Jul 11, 2002
Visit site
Nah, I think Maroon would be thrilled. This means that he can play where needed and not feel the pressure of being a Top 6 guy. I also feel this will want to movtivate him even more to improve his skating and be in physical top form come September.

I hope you're right. I would think losing a spot next to McDavid, who he showed some chemistry with, would be a tough pill to swallow. But some guys do like a challenge.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Exciting indeed....not in the good realm.

@NHLbyMatty 6m6 minutes ago
I fully agree Dumba for RNH is not a fair trade and they need more, but Dumba is an exciting, offensive right-shooter who can play PP.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

I guess I just like Hall and Pouliot. I feel Pouliot is by far the most under-appreciated player on our team. Signing Lucic to replace one of them doesn't do a whole lot for me.

We're talking about a 20-25 goal 55-60 point player here to go along with all the toughness and intimidation stuff. People seem to forget that this is a pretty skilled big man, not just a coke machine.

He doesn't replace Hall's point production or his ability to drive a line but as far as fit, he's just about as good a replacement as we can ask for. The Oilers need complimentary wingers with all their center depth, they don't need star wingers. They would still have Eberle, Pulju, Pouliot, Lucic and Maroon on the wings. That's still very solid even without Hall.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
No, they make Pouliot expendable. People forget that.

Speaking of which:

I stopped taking Rishaug serious a long time ago.

We can move Maroon to the right side. Pouliot at 4M is fine as a #3LW. Trade Yak for Lazar.

Pou-Lazar-Kassian would be a good 3rd line at 6.5M

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009

I like Pouliot too, except the stupid penalties. You could tell the coaching staff was getting tired of it too. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is dealt this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad