Rumor: Rumors and Proposal Thread | Draft Edition, Rumors In OP/1st Post of Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I will try to post rumors in the OP and hopefully the mod team can try to keep it updated. If anyone would like to imbed the other tweets please do so and I will post them here. I don't have the time to do it at the moment. Also non Oilers fans, this is not a place to troll, trolls will be dealt with swiftly and harshly.

Draft Day!

Thursday, the eve of the draft

Ryan Rishaug ‏@TSNRyanRishaug · now
I don't expect Oil to be too aggressive in free agent pursuit. Will have a couple meetings in Florida, but focus remains trade for goalie
James MirtleVerified account
‏@mirtle
Expect Oilers to be big in Talbot and Lehner trade talk. The top UFA goalies (Dubnyk/Niemi) aren't a fit there and they want a No. 1 option.

Last edited:

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
slide_321105_3009299_free.gif

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Call me crazy but I love our top 6. To me Pouliot is a fill in top 6 guy but you want him on the 3rd line. So roll with

Drai-Nuge-Ebs
Hall-McD-Yaks
Pouliot-Lander-?
Wagon line

Next season I'm a fan of:

Poop - Nuge - Ebs
Hall - McD - Draisaitl
Lander/Roy - Roy/Lander - Yakupov
Wagon Line

Especially considering we don't have a chance at Soderberg anymore, I'm a fan of getting a cheap 35-40 points out of Roy and Lander who can split draws with him. Not to mention the obvious benefit for Yakupov.

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
Hello F5 my old friend
Refresh the page for me again
The lack of news it is just making
Me feel like my patience is breaking

And the info that I crave
is new news 'bout a guy who saves
rubber that is headed for top corner.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Nail Yakupov, Martin Marincin, #16 Pick and 2016 First Round Pick for Dougie Hamilton. Under the threat of an 7.3M dollar offersheet.

It's an egregious overpay, but it doesn't directly hurt the Oilers roster and it brings in an almost best-case fit for the Oilers, if accepted.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Who the hell is Grady s? And why is he making up such absurdity.

I think that one should be taken down. Or at least discredited in the OP. No need for folks jumping in after a break and filling the thread with talk about fake rumors. Keep it to legit sources.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Next season I'm a fan of:

Poop - Nuge - Ebs
Hall - McD - Draisaitl
Lander/Roy - Roy/Lander - Yakupov
Wagon Line

Especially considering we don't have a chance at Soderberg anymore, I'm a fan of getting a cheap 35-40 points out of Roy and Lander who can split draws with him. Not to mention the obvious benefit for Yakupov.

I think yaks benifits more playing with McD and Hall. At some point Yaks has to be more than a 3rd line, time to give him some big minutes and a big opportunity.

Any one know which wing Drai prefers, where he played before? He shoots left, but often more play maker wingers play their off wing.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
also (still listening to Stauffer)

top4 d for lucic?

would you do Schultz for Lucic? even if its just for one year? maybe trade 3 picks to go up to 6 and take Provorov as well.

McDavid, Lucic, Provorov.

trade '16 picks for a goalie. and trade any leftovers for a serviceable top 4 rd and/or sign a green/michalek.

Lucic - Nugent Hopkins - McDavid
Hall - Draisaitl - Eberle
Pouliot - Lander - Purcell
McWagon

Nurse-Fayne
Ference-Green
Klefbom-Provorov
Marincin, Nikitin

d- corps is actually pretty physical.,.....albeit still not very good defensively or experienced

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

top4 d for lucic?

would you do Schultz for Lucic? even if its just for one year? maybe trade 3 picks to go up to 6 and take Provorov as well.

trade '16 picks for a goalie. and trade any leftovers for a serviceable top 4 rd and/or sign a green/michalek.

McWagon

Nurse-Fayne
Ference-Green
Klefbom-Provorov
Marincin, Nikitin

d- corps is actually pretty physical.,.....albeit still not very good defensively or experienced

Schultz for Lucic would be great IMO.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Please sign Downie, Glencross, and three of Sekera/Green/Beauchemin/McQuaid/Jackman.

oilz89*

top4 d for lucic?

McWagon

Nurse-Fayne
Ference-Green
Klefbom-Provorov
Marincin, Nikitin

Problem is, Schultz is not a top 4 D. Yet. Might never be one lol

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I would be pretty happy with Anderson. 34 may be a little old for the cluster, but its not ancient and he has both skill and experience. Would not be a LONG term solution, but a few good seasons.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I would be pretty happy with Anderson. 34 may be a little old for the cluster, but its not ancient and he has both skill and experience. Would not be a LONG term solution, but a few good seasons.

He has, what? 2 more years? That's absolute perfect for this team. I've been crossing my fingers about Anderson since the beginning of this season. DO IT.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Nail Yakupov, Martin Marincin, #16 Pick and 2016 First Round Pick for Dougie Hamilton. Under the threat of an 7.3M dollar offersheet.

It's an egregious overpay, but it doesn't directly hurt the Oilers roster and it brings in an almost best-case fit for the Oilers, if accepted.

I'm not saying take this deal, per ce (tho, I like it), but this is the mentality people have to get their brain around. In terms of players going vrs players coming in, does it matter if you are losing the deal on paper if it actually makes your team better?

Tambo, and even Mact couldn't understand this concept, and that is why the team remained imbalanced for 4 years.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
Adding McQuaid would be pretty dumb when the Oilers already have 3 bottom-pairing guys in Ference, Schultz, and Nikitin. Not to mention he provides zero offence and will probably cost a fair bit to sign. How does that make them better?

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Adding McQuaid would be pretty dumb when the Oilers already have 3 bottom-pairing guys in Ference, Schultz, and Nikitin. Not to mention he provides zero offence and will probably cost a fair bit to sign. How does that make them better?

I don't think Chia would sign McQuaid without getting rid of one of Ference or Nikitin.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I'm not saying take this deal, per ce (tho, I like it), but this is the mentality people have to get their brain around. In terms of players going vrs players coming in, does it matter if you are losing the deal on paper if it actually makes your team better?

EDIT: I misinterpreted your post.

I do think it matters. Compromising your core group, if you can avoid it, only creates new holes to fix other ones. The idea should be to add the missing pieces to what's here, not trade one corner piece for another.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
I don't think Chia would sign McQuaid without getting rid of one of Ference or Nikitin.

Eh, I guess that would be tolerable but I'm just concerned there's been basically no news about adding a defensemen otherwise. If the plan is add McQuaid and minus one of Ference or Nikitin then that's still a terrible defense core and is geared for another bottom 5/10 finish.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Eberle and Ottawa 3rd for Anderson, Lazar, 18th

18th and Purcell for Backes

16th, 2016 1st, 2016 2nd, Schultz, Marincin for Hamilton and Eriksson

Yak, 57th for Talbot, Hagelin, and Klein

33rd, STL 3rd to Philly for 29th Draft Samsonov if still available

Draisaitl and Fayne for Edler, 2016 1st, 2016 3rd

Sign McQuaid

Buyout Ferrence and Nikitin

Scrivens to ARZ for a 2016 4th

Hall Backes McDavid (McDavid may move to C at some point)
Pouliot RHN Eriksson
Hagelin Lander Lazar
Wagon

Edler Hamilton
Klefbom Klein
Nurse McQuaid

Anderson
Talbot

Still 2-3 mil cap space including Nikitim and Ferrence buyouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad