Rumor: Rumor Thread IV: RUMORS ONLY - NO DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I will update this post as rumors come up. Let's try and keep the clutter and proposals out of this thread and keep it strictly for rumors.

MacT Looking To Replace Draft Picks That Were Traded Away
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=444655

Bob Mackenzie:

Bob Stauffer:

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 23s
FYI...The LA Kings are looking at both Tyler Toffoli and Tanner Pearson with Kyle Clifford a scratch

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 1m
Trade front has yet to heat up for Oilers UFA's. Dont think Oilers Management waiting by the phones to close a deal at the this time

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 2m
Because St. Louis acquired the #Oilers #2 as part of the David Perron trade you would have to think they would part with their #1...

...by the time the dust settles the Blues #1 might be the 25th overall and the Oilers #2 could be in the 33rd-34th overall range

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...ens-sabres-flames-canucks-panthers-islanders/

"Feb. 18. According to Edmonton radio host and Oilers analyst Bob Stauffer, the Montreal Canadiens or Pittsburgh Penguins -- two Eastern Conference clubs known to be looking for help up front -- might be interested in Edmonton's Ales Hemsky."

"Hemsky is in the second year of a two-year, $10-million contract. The Oilers, Stauffer says, will likely have to retain some of that salary if they are to successfully move Hemsky or fellow pending free agent Nick Schultz."

"The San Jose Sharks have been bird-dogging the Oilers a lot over about the last three weeks," Stauffer points out, "We saw a lot of the San Sharks Jose pro scouts on the road."

Last edited:

Jamie

Mar 2, 2002
Victoria, BC
Visit site
I will update this post as rumors come up. Let's try and keep the clutter and proposals out of this thread and keep it strictly for rumors.

It says MacT wants to get back their picks, and potentially more!
It rumours Gagner, Smyth and Hemsky, so, I think this rumour is easy:
Gagner for 2nd.
Smyth for 3rd.
Hemsky for 4th.

Boom. Give me millions and make me GM.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It says MacT wants to get back their picks, and potentially more!
It rumours Gagner, Smyth and Hemsky, so, I think this rumour is easy:
Gagner for 2nd.
Smyth for 3rd.
Hemsky for 4th.

Boom. Give me millions and make me GM.

Thanks, I added that to the OP. I'm thinking that Gagner goes for a player and a pick/prospect and that Hemsky gets better than a 4th.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Anyone got any legitimate inside information on where Hemsky might go? Sure, you might not be able to post it in here, but PM me.

I'm working for NHL Revealed this weekend, so hopefully I'll have some inside information or interesting insight to offer.

Not really secret inside info BUT it comes from Bob Stauffer who is essentially the most plugged in source for Oilers info...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...ens-sabres-flames-canucks-panthers-islanders/

"Feb. 18. According to Edmonton radio host and Oilers analyst Bob Stauffer, the Montreal Canadiens or Pittsburgh Penguins -- two Eastern Conference clubs known to be looking for help up front -- might be interested in Edmonton's Ales Hemsky."

"Hemsky is in the second year of a two-year, $10-million contract. The Oilers, Stauffer says, will likely have to retain some of that salary if they are to successfully move Hemsky or fellow pending free agent Nick Schultz."

"The San Jose Sharks have been bird-dogging the Oilers a lot over about the last three weeks," Stauffer points out, "We saw a lot of the San Sharks Jose pro scouts on the road."

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
Eklund reporting Nashville is interested in Gagner. I know he throws a lot out there but this is the RUMOR thread.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Again please keep proposals and speculation to the proposals thread. Since we aren't all that far off from the deadline things could start happening VERY quickly and I don't want everyone to have to read through pages of crap to get to the goods. After the deadline we can go back to discussing the rumors and run the thread a bit more loosely, until then it's rumors only. 8 days people, let's try and keep this thread going strong for 8 days loaded with rumors only.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Not really secret inside info BUT it comes from Bob Stauffer who is essentially the most plugged in source for Oilers info...

I believe Stauffer referenced the Montreal Canadiens when he said that they'd be looking for a 2nd or a 'B' rate prospect

the tikk

Mar 31, 2008
Montreal
So - just to clarify - this thread is for posting rumours, but we're not allowed to discuss or assess them?

Like, if there's a rumour of Hemsky to Montreal, this is not the appropriate place to contemplate what the specifics of the rumour might entail?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
So - just to clarify - this thread is for posting rumours, but we're not allowed to discuss or assess them?

Like, if there's a rumour of Hemsky to Montreal, this is not the appropriate place to contemplate what the specifics of the rumour might entail?

Yes, they are to be posted here but discussed in the proposal thread until after the deadline.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
' The Flyers reportedly held trade talks with the Edmonton Oilers prior to the Olympic break, and are believed to be interested in forward Jordan Eberle.

Oilers GM Craig MacTavish prefers not to trade Eberle, but would consider it if the right offer presented itself. '

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/phi140226.html

I find that the fourth period has a lot of rumours and not much truth. It seems like over the last two years they have started going more out on a limb and haven't been very accurate.

I don't really see a #1 defence man on Philly that Edmonton could use, and they better not trade Eberle or anything super significant (Yakupov, 2014 1st) for anything but that #1 guy.

I wonder how reliable that Zimmerman is, and I wonder if he was misquoted by that radio host. If Zimmerman says "Gagner is as good as gone to LA", well that is a lot different than "Gagner is off to LA"

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Trade front has yet to heat up for Oilers UFA's. Dont think Oilers Management waiting by the phones to close a deal at the this time

I know it isn't a rumor but doesn't seem anything is imminent.

More to his tweet:

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 2m
Because St. Louis acquired the #Oilers #2 as part of the David Perron trade you would have to think they would part with their #1...

...by the time the dust settles the Blues #1 might be the 25th overall and the Oilers #2 could be in the 33rd-34th overall range

Don't think St. Louis will do it at Trade Deadline because I think it depends on who is at the 25th spot and if they feel he will be there around the Oilers 2nd round pick.

Last edited:

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
@Bob_Stauffer 1m

This is pretty common sense, but sort of debunks the majority of the Olympic freeze trade frenzy. Teams will wait till the actual TDD on most cases just to save salary over the next week.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Oilers have two scouts at the Bruins vs Sabres game tonight.

WPG and PIT do as well (having two scouts)

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Speaking of Bob McKenzie, he's saying Vancouver wants to move Kesler for someone like Johansen or Stepan. Dellow says "if they could either of those guys for him, why hasn't it already happened?" :yo:

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
Louis Jean ‏@LouisJean_TVA 4m
Sources say Ryan Kesler requested a trade some time ago & wants out of Vcr. Told #Canucks don't want to trade him but may not have a choice.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
There is now almost a page worth of content in this thread that we've left standing, this is how I want this thread to go until the deadline. If your posts are not really in line with what is seen in the first 20 or so posts then they probably belong in the speculation thread. Thanks for the appreciation/kind words but TBH that just makes it that much more stuff to read to get to rumors so let's keep it out of this thread! And if this format doesn't really suit you then this is not the place to complain about it/offer suggestions, if you have ideas that you'd like discussed feel free to PM me. As it stands IMO this is the best way to get the most up to date rumors without having to wade through everything else (good and bad).

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
Then there's this…

@adater
Ryan Kesler has NOT requested a trade, his agent Kurt Overhardt tells me. Says reports saying so are "BS"

Edit: Something tels me that there's going to be a lot of this going on over the next week.

And isn't it nice that a story like this breaks and it's NOT about the Oilers? :)

Dave

Oct 27, 2009
there's also this, bob mackenzie is retweeting him

Bruce Arthur ‏@bruce_arthur 9h
For what it's worth, Ryan Kesler was telling people after the bronze medal game in Sochi that he had a broken hand.

Bruce Arthur ‏@bruce_arthur 1h
On @LouisJean_TVA's Kesler trade request story: Kesler was also telling people he wanted out of Vancouver after the bronze medal game. So ..

Bruce Arthur ‏@bruce_arthur 1h
... maybe he didn't tell his agent? Anyway, I know who I trust on this.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 23s
FYI...The LA Kings are looking at both Tyler Toffoli and Tanner Pearson with Kyle Clifford a scratch

If Bob is hinting it's Pearson, Toffoli and Clifford, I do that deal and RUN!

Not Robin Brownlee

The docile tones!
Nov 17, 2008
Mark Easson ‏@myNHLTradeRumor 5m
Elliotte Friedman on Fan590 thinks the Oilers and Rangers could be interested in Kesler. The Kings may have interest in Andrew MacDonald.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad