Rumor: Rumor & Proposals: The sound of silence (Free Agency opens 12PM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't see Reinhart going anywhere.

Only way I see it is if it's in a package that results with us receiving an impact player. I don't think we need to trade the kid, but at the same time if a teams asking for him I doubt PC is going to balk and walk away.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
So true. I thought the whole point WAS to win the Cup, not be picky who wins it lol.

You know, some fans were angry that they would make the playoffs with Larsson and would rather tank for more picks before trading Hall? Lost brain cells :nopity:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The only original core guy I want traded, Eberle, is the guy that looks like he will be on the team this year.

I believe Eberle is the one to cause dissension on the team. (I have no evidence, it's just there in case someone from head office is reading, just go along with it)

Eberle for Dumba.

Oh isn't Reinhart a unicorn? He's right hand right d isn't he? No way we trade him.

considering our weakness on RW and Eberle's chemistry with McDavid, it was pretty predictable that he'd stay. Plus, I can't imagine what defenseman we'd get for Eberle if Hall could only get Larsson.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I'm conflicted about a possible Colborne acquisition. He has size and enough skill where he could be a definite contributor in your top 9, but he's always struck me as pillow soft and defensively weak. Am I wrong about that?

And last year's career-best point totals were built by his 19% shooting...doesn't sound like something to me that's sustainable.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I'm angry precisely because trading away an elite driver gets you further from a championship.

I'm still trying to escape from the mental paradigm that using Taylor Hall as your main driver is a recipe for success.

Perhaps we need our centers to be carrying the puck more, and wingers to be doing winger things like puck retrieval and crashing the net.

I don't know. we'll never know. Taylor Hall before/after arguments will have to be asterisked as crap d/good d as well.

Jun 9, 2011
It's weird to sit here and hope for the opposite that most of the board wants. I want to keep Nuge, not sign a boat anchor contract, and trade Eberle. Drai can move to the wing.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
It's weird to sit here and hope for the opposite that most of the board wants. I want to keep Nuge, not sign a boat anchor contract, and trade Eberle. Drai can move to the wing.

I'd rather trade Eberle, than Nuge. But I don't think it'll happen. I'd be thrilled if it did, though.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

honestly, if we can figure out our own team I don't think the Flames will give us much trouble, or our other divisional rivals for that matter. We have had crazy skill on our roster, but lacked the roster balance to take the most advantage of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad