Rumor: Rumor and Proposal Thread Vol. 9: Trade Deadline Day is coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Why can Dekeyser be signed now but we had to wait until the end of June for Schultz? Aren't they both college players?

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Does Tambo have one thumb up his *** or two?

Oilers are still obviously in a rebuild which means we are not sellers despite a losing record! Hopefully he makes a trade that improves the team and not sets it back or a lateral move.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
Does Tambo have one thumb up his *** or two?

Oilers are still obviously in a rebuild which means we are not sellers despite a losing record! Hopefully he makes a trade that improves the team and not sets it back or a lateral move.

I'm by no means a Tambo defender but my guess is he waits until deadline day. If nothing happens by that point then I'd say it's time to pull out the torches and pitchforks.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
The Iggy trade and the Smyth trade look very close to each other
They should be pretty much identical. If anything, Smyth should have received more in return given that he was a lot younger, coming off a stronger season the year before and on pace to score 40+ goals. Smyth was a pretty solid hockey player when we dealt him at the deadline.

Trades like these always come down to the same thing: Will the prospects and picks turn out? We got good value on Smyth - the prospects we acquired simply didn't develop. We could have just as easily received Nielsen and Joensuu and drafted Pacioretty or Subban.

I don't love the value for the Flames simply because the pick will be exceptionally low (compared to 15th overall for us) and the extra "prospect" they received in the deal has pretty low potential and is likely a 5/6 defenceman at best. O'Marra and Nilsson both had some spots when we acquired them but they both also had pretty high potential - this deal for the Flames is almost entirely based on Khokhlachev turning out.

Last edited:

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
It's still less than what Kaberle got...

Bad deals happen.

What i'm saying is its not a terrible deal getting two prospects and a first considering iggy could play 15ish games and playoffs for the bruins. Nothing great but not terrible

Angelus*

So glad he doesn't play for Calgary anymore, now I can actually like him!

Not that I'm in a position to be gloating as an Oiler fan but I still take joy in the misery of Flames fans. They better hope their rebuild goes a lot smoother than ours or the Flames will probably tarp the Sportchek Zone again.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Sigh. Toronto scribe Bruce Arthur just took a shot at the Oil (it's so easy).

Bruce Arthur
‏@bruce_arthur
Defining Canadian franchise players in the last decade: CAL: Iginla. TOR: Sundin. OTT: Alfredsson. MTL: Price? VAN: Sedins. EDM: draft pick.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Unconfirmed but BOS-CGY appears to be Khokhlachev/Bartkowski/conditional 1st round pick for Iginla. 1st rder conditional on Iggy re-signing.

Wow didn't know it was a conditional 1st rounder that makes it worse
Alot worse

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Unconfirmed but BOS-CGY appears to be Khokhlachev/Bartkowski/conditional 1st round pick for Iginla. 1st rder conditional on Iggy re-signing.

Wow didn't know it was a conditional 1st rounder that makes it worse

Oh wow. That's brutal for the Flames.

Pennertration

Oct 25, 2007
Calgary
So glad he doesn't play for Calgary anymore, now I can actually like him!

Not that I'm in a position to be gloating as an Oiler fan but I still take joy in the misery of Flames fans. They better hope their rebuild goes a lot smoother than ours or the Flames will probably tarp the Sportchek Zone again.

You mean "Press Level Seating"?

1st rounder is conditional on Iggy signing with Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad