Rumor: Rumor and Proposal Thread Vol. 9: Trade Deadline Day is coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Just imagine Iginla signed with his hometown Oilers in the off-season. :D

I'm almost surprised a scenario like this hasn't happened before: The Oilers and Bruins make a gentleman's agreement in the off-season to save the Bruins their first rounder. The Oilers sign Iginla as an unrestricted free agent and then trade him to Boston for a 3rd rounder. Voila - Boston keeps their pick and Calgary is screwed.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Sigh. Toronto scribe Bruce Arthur just took a shot at the Oil (it's so easy).

A lot of the Toronto media like to do that. What's even more pathetic is he had to mention Price as a franchise player just to make a dumb, unnecessary point that has nothing to do with anything at all.

I ****ing hate Arthur and Simmons. Two of the biggest idiots in the business.

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
Can't believe I feel sorry for Flames fans haha. But they just lost their all-time best player and got a garbage package in return. I was heartbroken when Smyth was traded so this is probably even worse. Tough times in Calgary.

dixs35

Jan 26, 2010
E-town
the only way this move makes since is if Iggy said Boston or Pitt and that's it. just awful deal. 1st and a prospect should have been a no brainer just awful. Although ROR is a franchise player so maybe Koko is the next coming.

bucktown

Oct 27, 2009
is it actually possible that there is more to this trade? (like mps going through boston to calgary in that lucic trade? :help:) because if not, calgary just got fleeced royally.

edit: also if not, why in the hell wouldn't feaster have waited until the deadline? it makes no sense.

Grod

The New Era Lives On
Feb 10, 2010
Edmonton
Could you imagine if Colorado decided not to match and Iginla not re-signing in Boston on top of that?

:laugh: I don't think they have a second round this year to begin with either. Such a weak return for Iginla. Why not get a prospect with top line potential instead of two mediocre pieces that the org. Is littered with.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I love this...if Iggy wants to come back to Calgary in the summer, it screws with Calgary's future.

It's like a No-Jarome Clause

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
is it actually possible that there is more to this trade? (like mps going through boston to calgary in that lucic trade? :help:) because if not, calgary just got fleeced royally.

I was just thinking that. What if Tambo actually did pull off that Lucic deal and the condition on Iginla re-signing is that if he does the Flames get our pick and if he doesn't they get the Bruins 1st?

Insanely unlikely but how would HFOil react to that?

Lewy

May 26, 2011
I don't understand why Feaster wouldn't have waited right up until zero hour to squeeze every last drop. Strange. Great rumour mongering all night though. Highly enjoyable.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
A lot of the Toronto media like to do that. What's even more pathetic is he had to mention Price as a franchise player just to make a dumb, unnecessary point that has nothing to do with anything at all.

I ****ing hate Arthur and Simmons. Two of the biggest idiots in the business.
Yeah, Arthur is a jackass. He was one of the many scribes extolling the virtues of the Oilers at the start of the year saying that they were going to take the next step. The Oilers let him down so now he's going to take some shots.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
So.. Chiarelli fleecing the Flames means he can afford to be fleeced from the Oilers? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad