Player Discussion Rudolfs Balcers - LW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
He has a 92k signing bonus, so his total compensation even if he only plays in the AHL is actually around 162 k which is competitive with anything he'd likely get in Europe.

Good point ... and he is probably close enough to the NHL that he will continue his path ... I can’t see Davidson having much fun in North America.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Good point ... and he is probably close enough to the NHL that he will continue his path ... I can’t see Davidson having much fun in North America.
Isn't Davidsson dealing with a concussion?

Been there. done that. twice. It certainly isn't fun

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

He also has a signing bonus (85k) and likely got roughly 140k for his callup from Nov to mid Dec. My back of a napkin estimate has him pulling in around 280k this year,

Sucks that he got hurt, but he's likely fine with his pay.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Yes - But outside that he has been low on the depth chart all season.
Depth charts are deceiving when you slot lines 1 thru 4. He's not playing top 6 in the AHL but he's not likely to ever be a top 6 player in the NHL.

Depth charts would be better off with a top 6 bottom 6 type chart or more of a role based chart.

That's why we've seen Chaplik get games up here when he's not likely as good a centre as Brownnor Norris

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
He also has a signing bonus (85k) and likely got roughly 140k for his callup from Nov to mid Dec. My back of a napkin estimate has him pulling in around 280k this year,

Sucks that he got hurt, but he's likely fine with his pay.

My original point was "these guys were living in Belleville ON" vs Euro Cities.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
But but but....Belleville is like an hour from the centre of the universe. What more could a guy want

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I suppose it depends on what Euro city they end up in.
I'm sure not all the SEL, Swiss, and SMliiga teams are in luxurious European cities.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
My favourite low key prospect on the team. Not included on a lot of mock lineups here but I imagine he will play a good deal of games in the NHL this season. NHL production was well down compared to the year before but he was derailed by that preseason injury and had a strong showing in the AHL.

He hasn't really stood out much in the NHL games I've seen him in but he never looked out of place either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad