Signing(s): Royals sign Michael Wacha (2 years, $32m)

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Angels who are usually aggressive from the jump are just watching all these SP fly off the board. Only guys left that move the needle are Snell (do not want), Yamamoto, Montgomery, and Stroman

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The Royals might be decently competitive in the AL Central. Lots of cynicism in this fanbase but at least they are making some moves and in general I think they’ve been rather solid additions at fair market prices - on the whole I don’t think they’ve particularly overpaid for anybody thus far and they are short term deals. Plus they stashed a couple of injury reclamation projects for 2025. And they have some guys who I think are now depth that they can probably flip.

Ragans-Lugo-Wacha-Singer is a competent rotation and word is we aren’t done looking for starting help. The bullpen is going to be better. The order is still a mess with Witt, an aging Salvy and some hope in Pasquantino. Renfrow is a low cost addition but he’s at least a professional hitter.

The onus of this spending spree is pretty clearly the need to get a vote passed on a new stadium so there’s actual incentive here to field a decently competitive team.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
At least the Royals are trying, I'd love to see the Pirates sign a guy that another team might actually want for once, instead of a guy who pretty much has no other options

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad