Signing(s): Royals bring back Alcides Escobar

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
I figured this might happen given KC’s hole at shortstop and the lack of a market for shortstops. I’ve never really gotten the hype around Mondesi either.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Escobar is terrible at this point. I'd rather be terrible with somebody else in his spot.

Royals = ugh. No Top 100 prospects, absolute dead weight contracts like Gordon, Kennedy and Hamels and no real direction about what they want to do.

Not that there should be any confusion about what they should do. They need to get some extra picks, actually have good scouting in the draft and tank hard while trying to refill the system by dealing away the few guys of value they have left for future assets.

But the though of another 30 years in the wilderness is probably enough for Glass, Moore and Yost to try and retain some of the World Series roster either past their expiration dates or past the point of fiscal sanity (Gordon, Hos if he comes back) - if not to be good (because...they won't be even if Esky, Hos and Moose all come back) then to keep trying to sell tickets on faded glories past.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Mondesi still has terrible plate discipline but as one of the youngest players in the PCL last year he slashed .305/.340/.539 after he was demoted to Omaha after making the Royals opening day roster last year. We are going to suck, I'd rather see a 22 year-old with physical skills at short than Esky again. Now Mondesi is likely to just sit around on the bench and whither away like every other Royals prospect with an inkling of talent has recently (it's not been many).

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Mondesi is still 22. The are aggressive promotions and then rushing players. Mondesi was rushed.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Mondesi has a worse BB-k% in AAA than Escobar does in the majors over the past 2 years, lmao!

Mondesi is your typical overrated 'toolsy' prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad