TSN: Rowe suggests core Panthers could be moved

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Oh sweet. We probably get to see Luongo rushed out there instead of just seeing Berra out there.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Keenan 2.0

As mentioned it doesn't sound like he out of the org anytime soon. He's going to blame players for losing his dream job and get back on the trade wire.

What gets me the most is Rowe was in Gallant's ass trying to influence his coaching but now seems to have free reign to do and say what he wants.

If this saga continues, honestly I'm done.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Really? we're going to be upset about these comments? I thought people wanted Demers and Bjugstad gone. That would fit the narrative of this article.

Guess it depends on who you consider core pieces. To me, the core is...
Huberdau
Barkov
Trocheck
Smith

Matheson
Yandle
Ekblad

Of the guys I listed above, I can only see Smith being on the block and even then I don't see it. No chance anyone else is seriously considered to be traded.

Demers and Bjugstad may very well be left unprotected in expansion draft.

Seems like an article written for clicks!

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
Really? we're going to be upset about these comments? I thought people wanted Demers and Bjugstad gone. That would fit the narrative of this article.

Well, some of what is written makes it seem like he is more talking about the players they re-signed, rather then all of them. But, I guess that assumes he is quoted correctly. At the end of the day though, I think most people are upset about that it sounds like Rowe would be staying on with Florida, at least as a GM...and that is not a positive thing if it were to happen I think.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Well, some of what is written makes it seem like he is more talking about the players they re-signed, rather then all of them. But, I guess that assumes he is quoted correctly. At the end of the day though, I think most people are upset about that it sounds like Rowe would be staying on with Florida, at least as a GM...and that is not a positive thing if it were to happen I think.

to be fair, can't really expect him to not act as if he's going to be here. I think we need to wait a bit before people get upset about Rowe's future with Florida.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
A lot of our core isn't good. They aren't going to move Barkov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Jam or Ekblad. We have no other irreplaceable players.

What's he supposed to do? Act like he's going to be gone next year? Until you hear you're fired, you always assume you're a part of things.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Does everyone know the difference between this era and Mike Keenan's time?

We have ownership active in the game. Start a collective twitter campaign. It's a unanimous feeling here. The fans don't have that sort of power, of course, but you can still make a difference. I doubt ownership is blissfully ignorant here.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
to be fair, can't really expect him to not act as if he's going to be here. I think we need to wait a bit before people get upset about Rowe's future with Florida.

A lot of our core isn't good. They aren't going to move Barkov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Jam or Ekblad. We have no other irreplaceable players.

What's he supposed to do? Act like he's going to be gone next year? Until you hear you're fired, you always assume you're a part of things.

Agreed, still makes me nervous though, right up until the pink slip is actually given.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Does everyone know the difference between this era and Mike Keenan's time?

We have ownership active in the game. Start a collective twitter campaign. It's a unanimous feeling here. The fans don't have that sort of power, of course, but you can still make a difference. I doubt ownership is blissfully ignorant here.

I think the fans are overreacting and the last dozen games or so make things look worse than they are. They've given up and tuned Rowe out but for most of the season, despite so many guys playing poorly, we were in the playoff hunt.

We're only a couple players having a good season instead of a bad season away from making the playoffs. If Smith and Ekblad had good seasons, we'd be in the playoffs, imo. The right coach could have an impact to get some guys on track too.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
get rowe out of here now before we get more injuries!!! let him join keenan in russia, or as far away as possible. this guy is a cancer. talk about lockeroom presence. give the fans one bright spot and fire rowe NOW. it will go along way in gaining some confidence in ownership. btw, was he the cause of those inflated contracts we just gave out?

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
We're only a couple players having a good season instead of a bad season away from making the playoffs. If Smith and Ekblad had good seasons, we'd be in the playoffs, imo. The right coach could have an impact to get some guys on track too.

They didn't even need to have good season, just average ones and we'd be in.

I'm pretty sure Rowe is still going after Smith. That's who he blasted publicly before, that's who he is blasting now imo. Some coaches have whipping boys.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
Tom Rowe is a complete nutcase and liability for the whole organization.

Maybe we will trade our 1st round pick away again because Rowe/the management is embarrassed with one the deals they made in the summer. Asset management.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Seriously, this dude needs to go immediately. Players seemed "cranky" before the game after getting reamed by you in the media and in person? No ****. Players don't respond to that kind of "coaching" anymore especially from a less than mediocre coach who has no business working in the NHL in the first place... Thinking he will be calling shots this offseason, better just be arrogance. I don't want this guy anywhere near our team anymore. Let Tallon resume being GM and hire a qualified freakin coach who can actually get wins out of a very talented roster.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

When there is a Chance 2 of 3 out of the Franchise. I go with Bjugstad and Rowe. And give Demers a 2nd Year and see that he work on him or we on our defensive pairing and system.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Fire Rowe. and don't call for a damn taxi.

This year has been mistake after mistake.

A good leader would have kept the locker room.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Core players: See ya Ek if we can get a top 15 in this years draft. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad