Routed again

Cookiefist

Oct 13, 2014
Riverview
Only posting this because this bothered me way back when Lightning and Stamkos routed the Canadians. Subban said...

Subban’s response: “It’s not our best game out there. Obviously he scored some goals out there tonight. We know he can do that. Our team, when we’re playing well – ie in the playoffs last year when we faced them – we were a lot better than what we were tonight.

“For us, I’d tell Steven to enjoy it, because the next time, it’s not going to happen.â€

(http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/light...s-hat-trick-not-going-to-happen-again/2202003)

So he is not giving credit where credit is due and it won't happen again. So, i guess he meant it wasn't going to happen again by the lightning? Isn't stammer and pk buddies? Seemed pretty disrespectful to me but even so, they just got routed 2 games in a row by Calgary and now Chicago.

Anyway from here on out all I can picture is Subban saying obviously Calgary scored some goals tonight and Chicago scored some goals tonight but that won't happen again...

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
This is a non-story. You shove a microphone in my face after a bad loss, I'll probably say some stupid **** - and I don't even think this is something that's especially stupid. He's a prideful athlete, what do you expect him to say?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
So he's saying what a leader on a team should say while throwing a jest at someone he's known since he was like 6?

What's the issue here?

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
I didn't know Subban was a goalie...

I have no problems with his statement. He's an athlete that wants to win and was rightfully angry after getting blown out.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
He was probably just a little bitter after the loss (and especially after Callahan just flew by him and scored a beauty) and was just taunting his old pal a bit.

Funny that he mentioned the playoffs though. Stammer was a PPG and scored 2 goals in 4 games in that series while playing on one and a half legs.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
Only posting this because this bothered me way back when Lightning and Stamkos routed the Canadians. Subban said...

Subban’s response: “It’s not our best game out there. Obviously he scored some goals out there tonight. We know he can do that. Our team, when we’re playing well – ie in the playoffs last year when we faced them – we were a lot better than what we were tonight.

“For us, I’d tell Steven to enjoy it, because the next time, it’s not going to happen.â€

(http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/light...s-hat-trick-not-going-to-happen-again/2202003)

So he is not giving credit where credit is due and it won't happen again. So, i guess he meant it wasn't going to happen again by the lightning? Isn't stammer and pk buddies? Seemed pretty disrespectful to me but even so, they just got routed 2 games in a row by Calgary and now Chicago.

Anyway from here on out all I can picture is Subban saying obviously Calgary scored some goals tonight and Chicago scored some goals tonight but that won't happen again...

I agree with you buddy and you never want to give your opponent an edge by saying something stupid like that. You have nothing to gain.

professionals don't speak like that. They should never do that during the heat of the moment and spew crap out of their mouth they are taught not do that.

So yes my friend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad