Roussel appreciation thread

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I have to eat some crow here....just didn't think Roussel absence from the Canuck lineup made that much of a difference. After all, he's just another depth, third line player. And the Canucks have a lot of those.

But of course there's no accounting for his passion and energy for the game. On this Canucks team at least, he's clearly a 'difference maker'.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Agree, and he seems to be a heart and soul guy who's very well-liked by his teammates.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I used to despise him in Dallas..:laugh:...He would rag doll rookies, and not give a shit....He seems to have mellowed out a bit on on the agitator antics, and is demonstrating that he's a good player.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
He's not going to score 20 goals or 40+ pts, but the energy and effort he brings night to night is something this team can really use right now

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I would love to see if he could get a full healthy season in. Think he could hit 20 goals. His offensive ability has really surprised me.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Canucks fans they get too high and over excited so easily. Nobody before his 3 goals in his last 2 games would of thought he can score 20. So base on two games of sample size, people are thinking 20 goals. What????

Similar to Virtanen 8 goals in 20 games last year. People thought 20 to 25 goals.

This year Gaudette got a bunch of 2nd ppp early, lot of puck luck and high shooting percentage. People are saying 2nd line center, 50 to 60 point player.

There are 82 games in season even a fringe player like Jeff Cowan manage a 6 G in a 4 game stretch once.

Still remember Fedorov had 4 or 5 goals in the preseason. A few callers call the Dan Russell line and thought he was the next Bure.

Also Auld was the Next Ken Dryden.

Do people no learn their lesson.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Canucks fans they get too high and over excited so easily. Nobody before his 3 goals in his last 2 games would of thought he can score 20. So base on two games of sample size, people are thinking 20 goals. What????

Similar to Virtanen 8 goals in 20 games last year. People thought 20 to 25 goals.

This year Gaudette got a bunch of 2nd ppp early, lot of puck luck and high shooting percentage. People are saying 2nd line center, 50 to 60 point player.

There are 82 games in season even a fringe player like Jeff Cowan manage a 6 G in a 4 game stretch once.

Still remember Fedorov had 4 or 5 goals in the preseason. A few callers call the Dan Russell line and thought he was the next Bure.

Who was saying that he is a 20-25 goal scorer..?

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010

You're definitely not the "glass half full" kind of fan are you? :laugh:

Reactions: bh53

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
He definitely has 40 point potential if he plays next to Horvat or he keeps it up with Gaudette.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
He’s the perfect middle six forward that bring energy to the team. Not a star but a glue type of guy.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver

Come on man, he had an excellent season last year so no one is basing his contributions on the last 2 games. He's a great energy bottom 6'er for this club whose absence was missed. He also had good results 5 on 5 last year with Horvat and I'd like to see them play together again - if so 0.5 ppg is not unreasonable given he almost scored at that rate last season.

Reactions: lousy

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Come on man, he had an excellent season last year so no one is basing his contributions on the last 2 games. He's a great energy bottom 6'er for this club whose absence was missed. He also had good results 5 on 5 last year with Horvat and I'd like to see them play together again - if so 0.5 ppg is not unreasonable given he almost scored at that rate last season.

Yes he did have a solid season last year but not a 20 goal solid season.

Show me some evidences before the last two games that people thought Rousell can come back this season and score 20 goals? Btw you won't find any, so that means people are basing it on the last 2 games.

So it's just a coincidence that people are saying he can score 20 goals right after getting 3 goals in the last 2 games and not before that?

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I have to eat some crow here....just didn't think Roussel absence from the Canuck lineup made that much of a difference. After all, he's just another depth, third line player. And the Canucks have a lot of those.

But of course there's no accounting for his passion and energy for the game. On this Canucks team at least, he's clearly a 'difference maker'.

Roussel is the exact reason why teams shouldn’t be too reliant on advanced analytics to judge a player. More times than not, a player simply doesn’t fit a certain system and needs to be moved (as was the case with Roussel under Hitchcock’s system). AA’s don’t measure intangibles such as heart, leadership, passion, etc.

Many people “facepalmed” when Roussel signed with the Canucks, but it’s nice to see that things have worked out so far. Roussel is this Canucks era’s version Burrows.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
I'm really happy he's back, given how he's played since then. And how perfect was it that his first game back from a long time away was Burrows night? And that goal?! That was special, man. That and Quinn Hughes first goal are my fave moments of the 19/20 season thus far. And I never would have believed you if you had told me an Antione Roussel goal would be my fave moment of the season. He's clearly a special player when he's healthy.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I don’t care what he does or how he plays, knowing he’s close with Burr and the celebration after his goal was what solidified Roussell as a good dude in my books.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad