Player Discussion Rourke Chartier

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Figured ol' Rourksy deserved a thread since he's hit the 5 game mark with us. He's got 8 shots in 5 gp and is an even +/-. He's a UFA after this season.

Thoughts on his play?
Do you want him re-signed?
Does he have any future competing for a spot here or is he just a pure injury callup?

Reactions: bert

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
He has not shown enough to become a regular NHL player at this point. We have a lot of 4th liners already so I doubt he gets a 1 way NHL contract.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Figured ol' Rourksy deserved a thread since he's hit the 5 game mark with us. He's got 8 shots in 5 gp and is an even +/-. He's a UFA after this season.

Thoughts on his play?
Do you want him re-signed?
Does he have any future competing for a spot here or is he just a pure injury callup?

Why are we resigning him just after 5 games

I remember we going through this time and time again with various players, where we use statements like 'the player should buy a house in Ottawa because he is here to stay' in just his first 5 games to 'can't wait to get rid of him for bag of pucks' in next 20 games LOL

Reactions: Senscore

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Why are we resigning him just after 5 games

I remember we going through this time and time again with various players, where we use statements like 'the player should buy a house in Ottawa because he is here to stay' in just his first 5 games to 'can't wait to get rid of him for bag of pucks' in next 20 games LOL
I'm not really sure why you jumped to that from my original post.
I was just opening up discussion, not suggesting what we should do with him.
Is this a hot take? Did you just base me? Sorry, I'm super new to this.

Reactions: bert

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I'm not really sure why you jumped to that from my original post.
I was just opening up discussion, not suggesting what we should do with him.
Is this a hot take? Did you just base me? Sorry, I'm super new to this.

You simply asking the question if we should resign him is very very premature. 5 games is way way toooo early to even discuss that . If you just want to discuss about his on ice play, then that is completely fine

And no I don't think it is a hit take, but just a but silly to even discussing to resign him

And I am sorry I don't know what you mean by 'Did you just base me?'

CorrectOpinion

Mar 8, 2016
Pretty much just gotta see what he does with the rest of his opportunity. He hasn't really done anything that stood out to me so far. I remember him taking a slapper on a 2 on 1 with Giroux and that's about it. I thought that was a horrible decision but others(Jamie McClellan?)suggested it might have been more about Giroux's pass.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I can't tell him apart on the ice from Brassard. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing (probably a bad thing).
He's alot faster than Brassard. Not as skilled though. Prefer his current play to Watson that's for sure. Man has he struggled with the increased ice time.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Rourke got sent back to Belleville late last night, which tells you that Stutzle is probably back in the lineup tonight...

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
He is a decent energy guy on the 4th line, had some good rushes but ultimely no finish. Didn't embaress himself like our usual call-ups do, wouldn't mind seeing him again if there are more injuries.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
He's playing tonight with Brassard being the healthy scratch, so I guess he's made an impression.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
You simply asking the question if we should resign him is very very premature. 5 games is way way toooo early to even discuss that . If you just want to discuss about his on ice play, then that is completely fine
I didn't specify a one-way contract. Not sure why you'd assume that's what I meant. He's an upcoming UFA that is getting NHL games. I was mostly just trying to guage if he can slot in with prospects like Crookshank/Sokolov going forward as a guy who might have some future here. It's certainly not too early to discuss what the org should do with him.

I'll ask next time what's completely fine for discussion here.

Reactions: cudi

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I didn't specify a one-way contract. Not sure why you'd assume that's what I meant. He's an upcoming UFA that is getting NHL games. I was mostly just trying to guage if he can slot in with prospects like Crookshank/Sokolov going forward as a guy who might have some future here. It's certainly not too early to discuss what the org should do with him.

I'll ask next time what's completely fine for discussion here.

oh boy, hold on here. No one is saying you can't ask or such discussion, neither I am implying that. You don't need anyone's permission what to ask or discuss.

I was just responding to where you ask if we should re-sign him, that it is very premature to think of re-signing him

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He's playing tonight with Brassard being the healthy scratch, so I guess he's made an impression.
Or being rewarded as a good vet in Belleville & being a decent callup that hasn't hurt the team. The Sens do that every yr with a number of their Belleville vets, same for Luccini. Brassard is also 35 yrs old & likely can't play too many games in a row like Holden, they need a break occassionally, I doubt either is back next yr.

Reactions: Ice-Tray and Cosmix

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Or being rewarded as a good vet in Belleville & being a decent callup that hasn't hurt the team. The Sens do that every yr with a number of their Belleville vets, same for Luccini. Brassard is also 35 yrs old & likely can't play too many games in a row like Holden, they need a break occassionally, I doubt either is back next yr.
Bang on, you have to reward the AHL vets as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad