Round Two Rewind

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
http://twopadstack.net/round-two-rewind-observations-new-york-rangers-camp/

As an outsider looking in, it seems like Nash is crumbling under the playoff pressure. Is he as bad as he seems on the surface? I'ma hang up and listen.

One of the main reasons he's not scoring is he's not getting enough opportunities in close. There's a bit of bad luck I suppose in being 0 for 52. He has a good shot but his shots have been pretty much 25' and out. He's going to be a player that gets more attention than most but got to get in closer.

Otherwise he hasn't been too bad apart from maybe the Sutter shorthanded goal in game 4 of the last series. He's back checking well enough. Killing penalties well enough. He even started hitting--something he did little of this season. Regular season 11 hits in 65 games--that's not a typo. Playoffs 21 hits in 14 games.

Am I satisfied?--not particularly. He's supposed to score goals. He's had a lot of shots. Generally though he hasn't really hurt us on the ice--he's just not helping us win enough.

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
http://twopadstack.net/round-two-rewind-observations-new-york-rangers-camp/

As an outsider looking in, it seems like Nash is crumbling under the playoff pressure. Is he as bad as he seems on the surface? I'ma hang up and listen.

Yeah, he's been pretty bad. Since Nash has zero history of playoff success, it could be the pressure...but it could also be him not wanting to get hit because of his concussion history, simple lack of drive, or goodness knows what else.

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
Yeah, he's been pretty bad. Since Nash has zero history of playoff success, it could be the pressure...but it could also be him not wanting to get hit because of his concussion history, simple lack of drive, or goodness knows what else.

Too much was made of his struggles - not that he doesn't need to score, just all the overdone analysis about it. He doesn't always look engaged in the regular season and I think you just get more of that in the playoffs - as frustrating as that may be...but I've said before that he'll score...just like he did in the regular season. He scored yesterday so hopefully, getting the monkey off his back will mean more goals are coming.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
If Nash had completely been useless I would agree that he's been terrible. When most scorers go on dry streaks they are useless. Look at Ovi when he's struggling, he's awful. Nash has still been pretty good away from the puck and that shows that he is working and not just getting frustrated about the no goals. Hopefully that goal gets him going and he goes on one of those 12 goals in 10 games streaks. All would be forgiven if he helps us right now, in this series and hopefully the next.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Ummm... We didn't win 4 in a row in this series despite the author's repeated claims that we did. Also, they call this the 2nd original 6 match up in the playoffs... BOS-DET first round, BOS-MTL in the 2nd. We're the 3rd and we may get a 4th for the Cup.

Sorry if I come off as a snob, but those are errors I can't look past. No credibility to this article.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad